Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 89 43.8%
  • Dusty

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 71 35.0%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 61 30.0%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 57 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:

Their youngsters patty Dangerfield, Tom Hawkins and Mitch Duncan are just hitting their straps so I'd expect them to push for top 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they strap in with Chris Scott for another premiership in 10 years or so?

Lol.

Nobody believes this is a dynasty side, surely.

The anti-dynasty side?

Since they played off in the 2020 GF, Geelong have had 8x AA selections and 2x 22under22 selections. Richmond have had 1 and 1 (both Bolton), and barely had any nominees. The player their supporters pin their hopes on is 32 year old Martin.

The cupboard is decidedly bare at Tiger land.

The more important question is, if Geelong win the first 10 games of the 2024 season, will they be considered the greatest team ever......?
No, as the song says the greatest team of all. Anything more change the song lol.

Lol, Cats fans always want the thread closed when damaging facts come out. :tearsofjoy:

Damaging facts?
You are calling him the greatest player ever. He couldn't even make the bench in this years All Australian team.
Yet, all season long, you and your friends pumped his numbers up and refused to accept he is merely a champion player and arguably top 5 of his generation but GOAT . . . . . come on! You watch this sport and know the difference between a player of Wayne Carey's caliber and that of a Dustin Martin.

That says it all then. Because it is a highly unexpected distribution of AA selections where 1 of 18 teams has 6 of the top 18 or so most selected players. If Geelong had absolutely dominated the competition year in year out then it may make better sense, but they haven't.

Yeah except we have dominated the competition year in year out, haven’t we.

Since 2000, a rough approximation of the most successful home and away teams goes thus:

Geelong - 347 wins
Sydney - 309 wins
Collingwood - 298 wins
Port Adelaide - 287 wins
Hawthorn - 284 wins
West Coast - 267 wins
Richmond - 251 wins.

The rest I would guess would be pretty immaterial.
To be generous, I threw in four seasons at the start of the sample size where Geelong did f*** all and played one final. Just to make it a bit fairer. Realistically as our only All Australians were Matthew Scarlett (2003) and Steven King (2000) before our prelim appearance in 2004, I could have f***ed those seasons off and made the percentage gap between us and the rest that bit bigger but I was feeling generous.

So essentially what this tells me is that in home and away football we’ve been f***tonnes better at winning games than even the very best of our rivals, let alone the shit munchers in the middle or bottom of the pack.

So stiff shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back