Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 92 44.2%
  • Dusty

Votes: 121 58.2%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 73 35.1%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 63 30.3%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 58 27.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
The succession of flags with the same team bro. That’s sort of the whole point nobody cares about what came after or before.

And thank you for just proving you didn’t have the same team. 👍

You're not going to make me pull the dictionary out again are you? Because the definition of "succession" isn't quite "the same team". Quite the contrary, actually.

In history, a dynasty requires the crown to pass from one king/queen to another.

Falcon interpretation: The Cotchin->Cotchin->Cotchin succession better defines a dynasty than a baby Selwood eventually ending up the King 15 years later, with several triumphs in between.

Harley was a Cat in 1999, back when Riccardi, King, Stoneham, Graham and Ronnie Burns were our best players: the mid to late 90s vintage. By the time Selwood captained a premiership in 2022, players who debuted in 2012 and 2016 were our best players and the club had gone through an 18 year period mostly in the upper echelon of the competition. With a stack of successes under different leadership combinations along the way.

In history, a dynasty requires the crown to pass from one king/queen to another.

Falcon interpretation: The Cotchin->Cotchin->Cotchin succession better defines a dynasty than a baby Selwood eventually ending up the King 15 years later, with several triumphs in between.

Harley was a Cat in 1999, back when Riccardi, King, Stoneham, Graham and Ronnie Burns were our best players: the mid to late 90s vintage. By the time Selwood captained a premiership in 2022, players who debuted in 2012 and 2016 were our best players and the club had gone through an 18 year period mostly in the upper echelon of the competition. With a stack of successes under different leadership combinations along the way.

Thank you finally. CROWN i.e PREMIERSHIP getting passed down i.e. B2B

You never kept it, it kept getting stolen. The End.

Yes a carefully cropped screenshot is pretty compelling, especially when you've (I can only assume inadvertently) left in the related words "bloodline" "ancestral line" etc.

Here but not sure how that matters. Maybe in Geelong all the players are related 🪕but not everybody else.

Attachments

• IMG_3502.png
    IMG_3502.png
    60 KB · Views: 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Refer to my previous post regarding Mr Meow passing down the Crown i.e premiership.

So we're back to "I know the English language would probably disagree with me, but I reckon it should mean this, because the Toygs rule."

This thread is over. Geelong is playing for a spot in the preliminary final. Richmond's just had one of the worst seasons by a club in modern AFL history, without a player worthy of making the all-Australian squad, or even as one of the best 40 under 22 players on the league. In 2025 they'll be flat out trying not to get even worse than they were this year. You're not a rival anymore; Port's a bigger rival.

So we're back to "I know the English language would probably disagree with me, but I reckon it should mean this, because the Toygs rule."

This thread is over. Geelong is playing for a spot in the preliminary final. Richmond's just had one of the worst seasons by a club in modern AFL history, without a player worthy of making the all-Australian squad, or even as one of the best 40 under 22 players on the league. In 2025 they'll be flat out trying not to get even worse than they were this year. You're not a rival anymore; Port's a bigger rival.

Huh? Mr Meow gave the definition. I’m agreeing with it.

And this thread is not over. It’s just a continuing thread to have banter, so it doesn’t end or anything.

But anyway like the Hawks supporter says, most people know you aren’t a dynasty. I’d argue if the order of dynasties went Lions, Hawks, Richmond then the Geelong team as the most recent they definitely wouldn’t have been considered.

People just wanted to have a comparison against the Lions 3 peat as they were the only AFL dynasty at the time and they thought hey 3 flags is enough I guess to put Geelong in the convo. But that’s become obsolete now. We have real AFL dynasties to compare them with. Better luck next time.

Some bloke is selling replica wooden spoons on ebay, free postage so get it while stocks last.

s-l1600.png

Some bloke is selling replica wooden spoons on ebay, free postage so get it while stocks last.

s-l1600.png

Lol, Cats fan still angry at Tigers for all the finals thrashings has just realised to his horror injury ravaged Richmond move into pole position in the draft and all the concomitant benefits that brings in bargaining power. Admirable the way you have tried to spin this shocking-for-you news into some sort of a win.

Can't way to see the "At Least We Made It" Cats go through the finals trap door in typical style. :)

Does it come with pick 1 and the next rising star?

Or will we be stuck with Max “the Butcher” Holmes for the next decade?
The next rising star is likely to be Geelong rookie Ollie Dempsey.

But the seller's page mentions in addition to this wonderful replica wooden spoon you also get 7 years of 'Plodder Hopper' and 'Turnover Taranto' free* of charge. I'm not sure what exactly he means by that but they're going hot so get in quick!

*see Terms and conditions

But the seller's page mentions in addition to this wonderful replica wooden spoon you also get 7 years of 'Plodder Hopper' and 'Turnover Taranto' free* of charge. I'm not sure what exactly he means by that but they're going hot so get in quick!

It will be renamed the sinking star if 15th in line 3rd year scared of body contact Dempsey Bradbury's it.

Lol, Cats fan still angry at Tigers for all the finals thrashings has just realised to his horror injury ravaged Richmond move into pole position in the draft and all the concomitant benefits that brings in bargaining power. Admirable the way you have tried to spin this shocking-for-you news into some sort of a win.

Can't way to see the "At Least We Made It" Cats go through the finals trap door in typical style. :)

They don’t even know their year will ultimately lead to nothing but poorer draft picks. Being middle of the road when Tassie comes in is a death sentence.

I wonder which players will cry after they are eliminated. My money is on Holmes.

Last edited:

*see Terms and conditions

Who tf is Ollie Dempsey? 🤣

With a name like that he ain’t gonna be a star.

They don’t even know their year will ultimately lead to nothing but poorer draft picks. Being middle of the road when Tassie comes in is a death sentence.

I wonder which players will cry after they are eliminated. My money is on Holmes.

We’d be a lot more upset about this if any cats fans actually gave a f**k about the draft.

You seem to treat it like a 14-year-old in the 90s treated a Penthouse magazine the first time they managed to find one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back