Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 92 44.2%
  • Dusty

Votes: 121 58.2%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 73 35.1%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 63 30.3%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 58 27.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
If you think the list is no good, have a look at the clubs queueing up to give us first round draft picks for several of our players.
Exactly. Abandoning a sinking ship. Happened much quicker than expected. No wonder Gale quit the Club. He was on record as saying he wanted Richmond to "be like Geelong and challenge for finals year after year". The rot started with the sacking of Tyson Stengle and continues unabated. Oh how Richmond would love to have Jack Higgins still playing for the club...

Lol so it's the list manager's fault half our team has been injured every week.

If you think the list is no good, have a look at the clubs queueing up to give us first round draft picks for several of our players.

lol. If it’s just injuries I’d have thought a magnificent list so magnificently managed would regroup next year and not cut everyone older than pre-school age.

No he seems to have done a great job in recent years and ‘beaten the system’ amazingly.

lol. If it’s just injuries I’d have thought a magnificent list so magnificently managed would regroup next year and not cut everyone older than pre-school age.

No he seems to have done a great job in recent years and ‘beaten the system’ amazingly.

It is all about value. Great list managers never lose sight of that. When flags are in reach, you forget value and go all out. When not, you build value into your list for your next flag tilt. Which is going to kill you PB, you will have to hate Richmond while pretending not to for generations to come. :)

If Oliver Dampsquib ;) wins the award good luck to him. I am just striking pre-emptively to remind cats fans that the award won't mean he is the best young player in the game or anywhere near it.
It means he will be in the annals as the Rising Star winner 2024. A bit like Norm Smith medallists. We all remember the winners not the players who may have been more deserving ;) ;).

As for Dempsey, I have not heard any football experts (and I don't count you as one) say this kid is not a star of the future. To think he has only played 26 games.

I bet you haven't seen him play at all. That seems to be your style. Make sweeping remarks about things you know nothing about.

What would you put Richmond's underperformance in the 21st century down to? Little old Geelong with 4 premierships is already playing finals again while Richmond with just the 3 are the current wooden spooners. Joel Selwood alone has won more flags this century than the entire Richmond FC...

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

GMHBA and f/s picks

It means he will be in the annals as the Rising Star winner 2024. A bit like Norm Smith medallists. We all remember the winners not the players who may have been more deserving ;) ;).

As for Dempsey, I have not heard any football experts (and I don't count you as one) say this kid is not a star of the future. To think he has only played 26 games.

I bet you haven't seen him play at all. That seems to be your style. Make sweeping remarks about things you know nothing about.

Haha, I hate the Cats enough to watch some of their games looking specifically for weaknesses in their players.

The difference is I don't come here pretending I don't hate Geelong. Feigning indifference takes up so much wasted energy I feel. You guys need to just let your hatred be known, own it. You hate the Tigers and you fear the Tigers. Admit it. It will be cathartic. ;)

Haha, I hate the Cats enough to watch some of their games looking specifically for weaknesses in their players.

The difference is I don't come here pretending I don't hate Geelong. Feigning indifference takes up so much wasted energy I feel. You guys need to just let your hatred be known, own it. You hate the Tigers and you fear the Tigers. Admit it. It will be cathartic. ;)

We don’t have to feign indifference.

I’ll say right now. I hate, not in the true sense of the word as it is simply a game, but within the football sphere, plenty of Richmond fans. I don’t hate the team no matter how much you want to believe that I do, and I would imagine many other cats fans feel the same.

Fear the Tigers?

We don’t have to feign indifference.

I’ll say right now. I hate, not in the true sense of the word as it is simply a game, but within the football sphere, plenty of Richmond fans. I don’t hate the team no matter how much you want to believe that I do, and I would imagine many other cats fans feel the same.

You are geting part of the way there PB. But let it all out mate.

However it is great to get recognition for doing our job as Tiger fans correctly by causing you to loath us. Loath more PB, loath harder. :moustache:

You are geting part of the way there PB. But let it all out mate.

However it is great to get recognition for doing our job as Tiger fans correctly by causing you to loath us. Loath more PB, loath harder. :moustache:

Richmond are what Geelong could be if they were a better run club.

Similar to how Dusty is the loyal version on GAJ and thus greater/more successful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond are what Geelong could be if they were a better run club.

Similar to how Dusty is the loyal version on GAJ and thus greater/more successful.

No they aren’t. They’re a club based in a metropolitan city that share their greater geographical area with 9 other clubs and a population base of somewhere between 5 and 6 million people, a home ground shared between 4 other clubs, an acceptance of failure when it suits them, a rabid supporter base who it seems actually think being literally that - ‘rabid’ - is somehow funny or something to be proud of even as a grown adult, they’re a club who has had 3 times as many coaches in the last 35 years as Geelong and that’s including one who lasted there for almost 14 seasons. For them a trip 5km up the road to another Melbourne ground is an inconvenience but apparently handling that is being well run 😂😂

Oh you’re just magnificent. It’s why the likes of Brian Cook were so sought after from your clu- oh wait.

No we really need to follow the Tigers model because we are just struggling so much. We need to find out how to win less premierships in the modern era, bottom out for longer, share our home ground with more clubs, not have a home base of our own, have a fan base of social rejects, and turn over coaches like a hooker turns tricks.

It’s the ultimate business model.

No they aren’t. They’re a club based in a metropolitan city that share their greater geographical area with 9 other clubs and a population base of somewhere between 5 and 6 million people, a home ground shared between 4 other clubs, an acceptance of failure when it suits them, a rabid supporter base who it seems actually think being literally that - ‘rabid’ - is somehow funny or something to be proud of even as a grown adult, they’re a club who has had 3 times as many coaches in the last 35 years as Geelong and that’s including one who lasted there for almost 14 seasons. For them a trip 5km up the road to another Melbourne ground is an inconvenience but apparently handling that is being well run 😂😂

Oh you’re just magnificent. It’s why the likes of Brian Cook were so sought after from your clu- oh wait.

No we really need to follow the Tigers model because we are just struggling so much. We need to find out how to win less premierships in the modern era, bottom out for longer, share our home ground with more clubs, not have a home base of our own, have a fan base of social rejects, and turn over coaches like a hooker turns tricks.

Errr...Geelong also has supporters drawn from the Melbourne metropolitan area.

But Richmond population is 27,000.

Geelong population is 327,000.

This is David v Goliath all over again and again and again. Every time it matters most little 27,000 population Richmond smashes you. It is why it hurts you so much, because it is humiliating. :cool:

You are struggling. 10 flags in horrid. We are just better.

And there it is. You had been roughly 2 posts without either an excuse or a conspiracy mention. You were overdue.

The discrepancy between AA and flags is enormous with Geelong. It’s not out of the question.

Pretty sure you got more AA that we did im our flags years. How did that work out lol?

The discrepancy between AA and flags is enormous with Geelong. It’s not out of the question.

Pretty sure you got more AA that we did im our flags years. How did that work out lol?

Good thing they pick the AA team from the home and away season so there is literally no correlation between the two then isn’t it. What’s your point? It doesn’t have to ‘work out’ any way you please. Again, I’m talking to your big brother about taking off the special needs hat.

Good thing they pick the AA team from the home and away season so there is literally no correlation between the two then isn’t it. What’s your point? It doesn’t have to ‘work out’ any way you please. Again, I’m talking to your big brother about taking off the special needs hat.

Never thought I would see you resort to shaming those less fortunate than yourself PB.

Besides, it is "all abilities" these days.

EXACTLY

This is why I can’t stand when Geelong supporters say AAs and other H&A awards are the most important factors when judging a player.

The best players/teams turn up the heat when it matters in finals.

For example the best team in 2008 was Hawks not Geelong it doesn’t matter what the H&A record was. However I have a sneaking suspicion that Geelong supporters don’t believe that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back