Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Sometimes the QF to Prelim bye isn’t a good thing. Careful what you wish for. Geelong especially haven’t been great with it on the whole.
Haven’t been great with it despite winning the premiership 4 out of 6 times they have won a QF this century, and won 5 out of 6 PFs after winning QFs this century.

You really don’t apply any critical thinking to your posts, do you?

You guys had to play against the 3peat hawks. They played against the baby 08 version.

If Freo played the 07-11 Geelong teams no doubt you would snagged a couple of flags, easy.
I wished I had your confidence but Nah I disagree.

3 peat hawks of 2013-5 had depth every where. They beat 3 non vic sides in those grand finals though.

Geelongs 2007-2011 side was strong.

I would even say their 2013-2020 side were solid. Could of won a flag in 2016 or 2017 or 2019 or 2020. I know your gonna be biased as you are a tigers fan. The richmond footy club peak of 2017-2020, cost geelong a couple of flags. The winner of that cats vs tigers prelim in 2019 was dead certain to beat gws in that 2019 grand final.

Mind you, the cats best chance was 2016. Had the cats beat the swans in 2016, I am dead certain they would of beaten the dogs.

You're conceding Cats will play Hawks in the GF? That's the only place we can meet between now and then
Not sure about using the word conceding here but yeah I hope you lose the GF, the worse pick the better. Cherry on top of it’s the Hawks that do it.

Haven’t been great with it despite winning the premiership 4 out of 6 times they have won a QF this century, and won 5 out of 6 PFs after winning QFs this century.

Forgot to mention post 2011, you had a bad run. I’m also including H&A byes.

The whole 2012-2021 choking era was eye watering. Idk how you did it tbh.

I am not personally knocking on your side.

But Looking back at 2012-2021, So that gap between the cats 2011 and 2022 flags, You can say the cats should of won at least 1 flag.

I say if Anything, 2016 was the best chance. Dead certain cats would of beaten the dogs in that 2016 grand final.

Had cats beaten the tigers in that 2019 prelim, Cats could of won that 2019 grand final in simialr way the tigers did.

I dont need to Bring up the 2020 grand final. You would at least want that final quarter done differently.

I am not personally knocking on your side.

But Looking back at 2012-2021, So that gap between the cats 2011 and 2022 flags, You can say the cats should of won at least 1 flag.

I say if Anything, 2016 was the best chance. Dead certain cats would of beaten the dogs in that 2016 grand final.

Had cats beaten the tigers in that 2019 prelim, Cats could of won that 2019 grand final in simialr way the tigers did.

I dont need to Bring up the 2020 grand final. You would at least want that final quarter done differently.
Possibly, until you look at the dreadful forward lines and terrible bottom 8 players that filled out those sides.

2013 Hawkins was crocked, JPod cooked and SJ had to be a midfielder.

2016-2018 it was Hawkins, a one legged Menzel and a bunch of VFL quality role players.

2019 no Hawkins or Rohan available for a big prelim. Then look at the other forwards besides GAJ as an old man and Miers in his first season.

Jeremy Cameron and Tyson Stengle helped solve it. Throw them and the 2022-2024 playmaker version of Miers into those 2013-2020 sides and it likely would’ve moved the needle for 1 or 2 flags.

Not sure about using the word conceding here but yeah I hope you lose the GF, the worse pick the better. Cherry on top of it’s the Hawks that do it.
So, to answer my question, you are conceding Cats will make it to the GF. You know what the word conceding means? Last Thursday you said Cats would exit in straight sets. Then you declared they'd lose the PF. You need to confer with your mentor; you're inconsistency is baffling

So, to answer my question, you are conceding Cats will make it to the GF. You know what the word conceding means? Last Thursday you said Cats would exit in straight sets. Then you declared they'd lose the PF. You need to confer with your mentor; you're inconsistency is baffling

I know the word, your sentence structure with it doesn’t make sense. I can’t concede Cats will make it to the GF because it’s not a given.

If you said I concede Cats now have an opportunity to make the GF then yes I do concede that obviously.

I know the word, your sentence structure with it doesn’t make sense. I can’t concede Cats will make it to the GF because it’s not a given.

If you said I concede Cats now have an opportunity to make the GF then yes I do concede that obviously.
How's this sentence structure?
Geelong is 100% certain to win the flag, it is GUARANTEED. Literally impossible to lose for here.
You're quite possibly the worst troll on here, but you knew that didn't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond have read the script, like hawthorn. Fantastic period of success, now down you go for awhile. Geelong don’t read the script, they have the secret formula, amazing how they never truly bottom out. Essendon are not even sent the script.

Richmond have read the script, like hawthorn. Fantastic period of success, now down you go for awhile. Geelong don’t read the script, they have the secret formula, amazing how they never truly bottom out. Essendon are not even sent the script.

Bombers 67 times qualified for finals for 16 flags = 1 flag every 4.2 times they qualify for finals.

The only secret formula the Cats have is the formula for finals clogging.

The difference is that Hawthorn go down for around 5 years.

With Richmond it can be 35. It’s already 4 seasons in a row where they haven’t made it to the 2nd week if finals and their rebuild only starts on the 2024 draft night.

How's this sentence structure?

You're quite possibly the worst troll on here, but you knew that didn't you?

I’m not a troll I point out factual things about Geelong, you can’t take it and instead of rebutting you dismiss me as a troll. Magnificent coping mechanism, it enables you to keep living in your bubble. I don’t believe that’s particularly healthy but whatever floats your boat.

Bombers 67 times qualified for finals for 16 flags = 1 flag every 4.2 times they qualify for finals.

The only secret formula the Cats have is the formula for finals clogging.
Brown nosing suits you

The difference is that Hawthorn go down for around 5 years.

With Richmond it can be 35. It’s already 4 seasons in a row where they haven’t made it to the 2nd week if finals and their rebuild only starts on the 2024 draft night.

Geelong can be 44, most of it chocking when they are up and about too. Sad, some of the greatest players have had their careers ruined because they moved to Geelong. I think we all know who I’m talking about. May be one of the most tragic incidents in the history of sport.

I’m not a troll I point out factual things about Geelong, you can’t take it and instead of rebutting you dismiss me as a troll. Magnificent coping mechanism, it enables you to keep living in your bubble. I don’t believe that’s particularly healthy but whatever floats your boat.
You read two of your contradictory statements and then use the word factual lmao, how many accounts deep are you now? And you want to talk about whats healthy? Hahahaha

Geelong can be 44, most of it chocking when they are up and about too. Sad, some of the greatest players have had their careers ruined because they moved to Geelong. I think we all know who I’m talking about. May be one of the most tragic incidents in the history of sport.

You still haven’t learned what choking is, have you

You read two of your contradictory statements and then use the word factual lmao, how many accounts deep are you now? And you want to talk about whats healthy? Hahahaha

You guys are just obsessed with me, I can’t write a comment without a reply from you guys in about 5 mins. It’s to the point where I think you want to win the flag to have a go at me rather than celebrate your clubs success. So yes it’s not healthy.

You guys are just obsessed with me, I can’t write a comment without a reply from you guys in about 5 mins. It’s to the point where I think you want to win the flag to have a go at me rather than celebrate your clubs success. So yes it’s not healthy.
If you spend your entire life throwing out bait why do you always act so surprised when sometimes it catches something?

Again, you're several accounts deep at this point doing the same thing with the same results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back