Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Possibly, until you look at the dreadful forward lines and terrible bottom 8 players that filled out those sides.

2013 Hawkins was crocked, JPod cooked and SJ had to be a midfielder.

2016-2018 it was Hawkins, a one legged Menzel and a bunch of VFL quality role players.

2019 no Hawkins or Rohan available for a big prelim. Then look at the other forwards besides GAJ as an old man and Miers in his first season.

Jeremy Cameron and Tyson Stengle helped solve it. Throw them and the 2022-2024 playmaker version of Miers into those 2013-2020 sides and it likely would’ve moved the needle for 1 or 2 flags.
Because he punched Schofield in the head 100m behind the ball. And somehow only got 1 week. And Geelong argued it.

You guys are just obsessed with me, I can’t write a comment without a reply from you guys in about 5 mins. It’s to the point where I think you want to win the flag to have a go at me rather than celebrate your clubs success. So yes it’s not healthy.

Yes it’s amazing how when someone continually posts in Geelong threads, they get responses from Geelong fans.

I don’t know what the correlation between those two events is but I’m sure someone will work it out eventually.

Because he punched Schofield in the head 100m behind the ball. And somehow only got 1 week. And Geelong argued it.

Lollllll ‘punched in the head.’ I assure you if he punched him in the head Schofield wouldn’t have gotten up and stood next to him talking to him in the moments after it.

Of course they argued it - it was to stay in the side for a preliminary final. Why wouldn’t they?

Yeah Hawkins was very foolish that night.

Still, it all worked out well with Henderson and Ratugolea as our forward targets instead of Hawkins and Rohan. And Dahlhaus kicking it to them instead of Duncan.

Geelong that year didn't have the depth to cover 6.83 combined goals/assists (what those 3 gave us in 2019 per game) with 3 VFL plodders. Richmond had better depth to cover their defence.

"But a year later you had those 3 players and got spanked" - 2020 our team performance overall was just lower. We were lucky to get choke artists Brisbane in a prelim, that's all.

Lollllll ‘punched in the head.’ I assure you if he punched him in the head Schofield wouldn’t have gotten up and stood next to him talking to him in the moments after it.

Of course they argued it - it was to stay in the side for a preliminary final. Why wouldn’t they?
He was motionless on the ground for a short period of time. It certainly wasn't a gentle tap.

I don't blame them for arguing the ban because the MRO/tribunal is hopelessly inept, proven by the fact he only got a week. The 1 week suspension was clearly contrived so if Geelong did win the prelim against my mob then he'd be able to play the granny. It's more the fact that they had the audacity to challenge what was a very obvious suspension and some within the media like Whateley thinking that Hawkins could get off. As well as his teammate in Dangerfield trying to downplay it.

He was motionless on the ground for a short period of time. It certainly wasn't a gentle tap.

I don't blame them for arguing the ban because the MRO/tribunal is hopelessly inept, proven by the fact he only got a week. The 1 week suspension was clearly contrived so if Geelong did win the prelim against my mob then he'd be able to play the granny. It's more the fact that they had the audacity to challenge what was a very obvious suspension and some within the media like Whateley thinking that Hawkins could get off. As well as his teammate in Dangerfield trying to downplay it.

No and he deserved to be suspended for it. He didn’t ’punch him in the head’ though.

And yeah because if I was his teammate and I was asked about it I would have said ‘I hope they suspend him for more weeks.’

Of course he tried to downplay it. Are you suggesting the judicious nature of the law-conscious men at Punt Road would have seen them come out with such epithets as ‘I just hope justice is served’?

Are you suggesting the judicious nature of the law-conscious men at Punt Road would have seen them come out with such epithets as ‘I just hope justice is served’?
Of course, except for that one time the current wooden spooners wheeled out TV show host Waleed Aly to defend Bachar Houli punching and knocking out Jed Lamb behind play.

1e46fbd6c858a137cba3a3127bfb4a2e
1d346aa614d3873afa481d23b1d2bdd9

Yeah Hawkins was very foolish that night.

Still, it all worked out well with Henderson and Ratugolea as our forward targets instead of Hawkins and Rohan. And Dahlhaus kicking it to them instead of Duncan.

Geelong that year didn't have the depth to cover 6.83 combined goals/assists (what those 3 gave us in 2019 per game) with 3 VFL plodders. Richmond had better depth to cover their defence.

"But a year later you had those 3 players and got spanked" - 2020 our team performance overall was just lower. We were lucky to get choke artists Brisbane in a prelim, that's all.
Everyone knows Richmond got lucky in 2019 and that 2020 doesn't really count

If you spend your entire life throwing out bait why do you always act so surprised when sometimes it catches something?

Again, you're several accounts deep at this point doing the same thing with the same results.

You don’t know me.

And thanks for proving my point. Yet another attack.

Everyone knows Richmond got lucky in 2019 and that 2020 doesn't really count

Seriously after 2009 you can’t talk, you were legit a ball bounce away from losing it.

You also played against the Saints who perhaps had one of the worst lists of a Grand finalist of all time.

Seriously after 2009 you can’t talk, you were legit a ball bounce away from losing it.

You also played against the Saints who perhaps had one of the worst lists of a Grand finalist of all time.

But they didn’t, did they. They had 12 all Australians. And another 5 200 gamers. And another couple of 150 gamers.

So they didn’t, perhaps or otherwise, have one of the worst grand final lists of all time.

Giants were 13-9 in 2019 champ lmao, they wouldn't have even made the finals this year with that record

Cope and seethe, Richmond can't win real flags

Giants were 13-9 in 2019 champ lmao, they wouldn't have even made the finals this year with that record

Cope and seethe, Richmond can't win real flags

You literally played Port in 07 on top of a shitty St Kilda by a fluke who are notorious for choking. It’s disgusting.

The dynasty teams would’ve smashed that St Kilda team full of no-namers. Comp was so weak back then. Bombers got in finals with a negative win loss record. Eww.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You literally played Port in 07 on top of a shitty St Kilda by a fluke who are notorious for choking. It’s disgusting.

The dynasty teams would’ve smashed that St Kilda team full of no-namers. Comp was so weak back then. Bombers got in finals with a negative win loss record. Eww.
Cope and seethe

Stop being so disingenuous. The Saints team finished with a H&A percentage of 155.7% in 2009 and went onto draw the first GF in 2010.

The 2017 Tigers team was full of no namers

Well Hawthorn had every chance to but couldn’t. They had already won a premiership and couldn’t even make the finals in 2009 and didn’t bruise a grape in 2010 with the same side and most of their 4-grand final in a row 2012-2015 side did they. So well done there.

Not quite sure the 2009 st Kilda side are notorious for choking, having not previously choked. See, the players in that team, aren’t part of the teams who had played in past grand finals. As they had no one left from the 1997 grand final and had more or less come up the same progression as Geelong in terms of age profile.

St Kilda’s failure as anyone with a modicum of AFL knowledge is aware, lies in how many wooden spoons they have claimed, not in some amazing ability to fail in grand finals.

Well Hawthorn had every chance to but couldn’t. They had already won a premiership and couldn’t even make the finals in 2009 and didn’t bruise a grape in 2010 with the same side and most of their 4-grand final in a row 2012-2015 side did they. So well done there.

Not quite sure the 2009 st Kilda side are notorious for choking, having not previously choked. See, the players in that team, aren’t part of the teams who had played in past grand finals. As they had no one left from the 1997 grand final and had more or less come up the same progression as Geelong in terms of age profile.

St Kilda’s failure as anyone with a modicum of AFL knowledge is aware, lies in how many wooden spoons they have claimed, not in some amazing ability to fail in grand finals.
Phatboy: that 2009 St Kilda side is definitely the best football side I've seen 'not win a grand final'. If Ross the Boss chose, they could have quiet easily gone through that 2009 season undefeated, that's how good a team they were that year. The round 14 clash at 'the Dome' between The Saints and The Cats with 55,000 screaming and hysterical footy fans, where both sides went into game undefeated having both won their first 13 games (of which had never happened before) and in which The Saints WON, is still until this day the best home and away game I've ever had the privilege of attending. Anyone that says otherwise about what a great side St Kilda was in 2009 is either a troll, a f**king moron or knows nothing about football.

Phatboy: that 2009 St Kilda side is definitely the best football side I've seen 'not win a grand final'. If Ross the Boss chose, they could have quiet easily gone through that 2009 season undefeated, that's how good a team they were that year. The round 14 clash at 'the Dome' between The Saints and The Cats with 55,000 screaming and hysterical footy fans, where both sides went into game undefeated having both won their first 13 games (of which had never happened before) and in which The Saints WON, is still until this day the best home and away game I've ever had the privilege of attending. Anyone that says otherwise about what a great side St Kilda was in 2009 is either a troll, a f**king moron or knows nothing about football.

100 per cent. They were an awesome side, had 6-7 absolute stars, a number of very good players just behind them and then their bottom end ‘role players’ did an excellent job and Lyon had them playing great footy. They were a superb side. We had some luck on grand final day in that it rained and the conditions were perfect for a scrap, and the game turned into a war which we had the players to engage in. It was the only thing that prevented the Saints from winning the flag, realistically. I don’t think any other side could go with them, and I think we would have struggled to as well 6 or 7 times out of 10. The way the game was played helped us a lot.

Agree 100%, particularly about the R14 game. Only game at Marvel where I have had to stand, and it was a ripper. Even though Saints prevailed you came away knowing either team would win the GF.

Stop being so disingenuous. The Saints team finished with a H&A percentage of 155.7% in 2009 and went onto draw the first GF in 2010.

The 2017 Tigers team was full of no namers

No namers? Rance (1st/2nd best defender of the 21st century), Cotchin (3 x premiership captain and Brownlow medalist, Dusty (best finals player ever and best H&A season ever), Riewoldt (Triple Coleman medalist almost 800 goals)

Vs

N Riewoldt (Biggest choker ever, didn’t even win a Coleman), Montagna (just a spud), Hayes, Goddard (the forgotten defender, wouldn’t even crack the top 20 defenders this century)

Then talk about the coaches which isnt even a contest.

Pretty much every team in the top 8 has a better spine that Saints 09/10.

While we absolutely rode our luck on the day, that Saints team were probably the best side I've seen to not win a flag.

Riewoldt was utterly phenomenal that year, and people forget that Kosi almost kicked 50 goals, too. Hayes, Dal Santo, Goddard, Fisher, Montagna, Milne and Ball were a pretty good cast, too.

They were probably one tall defender and a decent ruckman away from winning a flag. Somewhere, in a parallel universe, Matt Maguire stays fit, the club manages to pinch Darren Jolly from under Sydney's nose, and they win a flag.

No namers? Rance (1st/2nd best defender of the 21st century), Cotchin (3 x premiership captain and Brownlow medalist, Dusty (best finals player ever and best H&A season ever), Riewoldt (Triple Coleman medalist almost 800 goals)

Vs

N Riewoldt (Biggest choker ever, didn’t even win a Coleman), Montagna (just a spud), Hayes, Goddard (the forgotten defender, wouldn’t even crack the top 20 defenders this century)

Bahahahahahahahahaha ‘Goddard wasn’t in the best 20 defenders of the century’ is like saying Gary Ablett Jr isn’t in the best 10 small forwards this century so he can’t be any good.

You’ve plumbed some f**ken shithouse ‘hey look at me i know nothing about any games that didn’t involve Richmond Tigers FC between 2012-2024’ depths before but this probably takes the cake.

‘Didn’t even win a Coleman.’

Neither did Wayne Carey. Your obsession with this award is borderline 14-year-old-with-their-first-access-to-pr0n levels.

Riewoldt was a true centre half forward who covered more metres than probably any forward that has ever played the sport.

I am past the point of even wondering whether you make this shit up because of your belief that this is ‘just banter’ or whether you actually believe it but I don’t believe anyone would just say this shit for the sake of it. And you’ve said it so often that it has to be genuine belief.

Vs

If you're too young to have actually seen that Saints side play, just say so.

Vs

Cleansweep17: you seriously need to get another life, it's beyond ridiculous how many f**king stupid things you say. I thought the Maga morons over in the US were the life tragics of this world but here we are in OZ and it just so happens we have a handful of Tiger deplorables such as your pitiful and moronic self that are more than capable of matching it with them with your moronic, delusional and bullshit diatribe.

PS - don't expect me to answer you or any of your moronic Tiger mates as I refuse to be sucked into your pathetic, nonsensical, diatribe bullshit but also, coz I DO have better things to do with my life.

I'll f**k off now and I hope on behalf of ALL other footy-loving Big Footy posters....... YOU do the SAME!

Cleansweep17: you seriously need to get another life, it's beyond ridiculous how many f**king stupid things you say. I thought the Maga morons over in the US were the life tragics of this world but here we are in OZ and it just so happens we have a handful of Tiger deplorables such as your pitiful and moronic self that are more than capable of matching it with them with your moronic, delusional and bullshit diatribe.

PS - don't expect me to answer you or any of your moronic Tiger mates as I refuse to be sucked into your pathetic, nonsensical, diatribe bullshit but also, coz I DO have better things to do with my life.

I'll f**k off now and I hope on behalf of ALL other footy-loving Big Footy posters....... YOU do the SAME!

Why do you guys care what I say anyway. Pretty weird if you think it’s stupid. Sometimes the truth hurts. On the bright side there is always time for Geelong to create their first dynasty. 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back