Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
2-21.....be real.

He surely means missing the finals two years in a row. It's happened twice since the 80's but those years in the wilderness were dark days indeed. Nothing like Richmond of course, but we just aren't used to that sort of pain. I'm not sure we could take it.

Are Geelong people completely oblivious to the fact that you guys had a 44 year drought. That is some strong stuff you are drinking down there. Or maybe it’s just the stench of GMHBA. Are there still floaters swimming around or has the swamp finally been drained?

Oh it's a boredom thing. Hard to get it up (interest) when you're associated with an embarrassment.

We're not accepting anyone new on the Cats bandwagon right now, but feel free to post about our '07-'11 teams for the 1000th time!

It’s just a historical fact that this century when Geelong have been up and about they produce the most boring games.

I’d rather watch paint dry then watch the 07, 09, 11, 22 GFs

Are Geelong people completely oblivious to the fact that you guys had a 44 year drought. That is some strong stuff you are drinking down there. Or maybe it’s just the stench of GMHBA. Are there still floaters swimming around or has the swamp finally been drained?

I'm aware it happened. Just like I'm aware there was a Roman Empire and ancient Greece. My lived experience.....not so dry. Not sure about the floaters you speak of, is that another reference to the 60's or some other bygone era?

It’s just a historical fact that this century when Geelong have been up and about they produce the most boring games.

I’d rather watch paint dry then watch the 07, 09, 11, 22 GFs
What. Geelong played some of the most brilliant Football EVER in 07-11 . totally destroyed the boring football of the Flood era forever. the 07 grand final and the season was brilliant. Untouchable. The Cats of 08 were dominant and choked and 09 was a classic[boring??] and 11 was a cracker too until cats put the foot down. And they did it again in '22. You think neutrals liked watching Tigers flags just coz they were dominant?They were only exciting for you Tigers too, your bias is ridiculous."historical fact" ok, in your mind. Many could say playing plodders in the Granny like Adel and GWS was boring! Why are Tigers fans defending the rabble that they have become, stop embarrasing yourselves, you know you wont be playing finals for years, its ok, it happens. The wilderness is gonna be tough when you have to keep punching uphill.Just hope you get the picks right coz thats all you have , kids straight out of school joinng a wooden spoon team. Funny coz geelong are still doing the painting as you speak. This thread is a joke surely. Its all satire yeah.

What. Geelong played some of the most brilliant Football EVER in 07-11 . totally destroyed the boring football of the Flood era forever. the 07 grand final and the season was brilliant. Untouchable. The Cats of 08 were dominant and choked and 09 was a classic[boring??] and 11 was a cracker too until cats put the foot down. And they did it again in '22. You think neutrals liked watching Tigers flags just coz they were dominant?They were only exciting for you Tigers too, your bias is ridiculous."historical fact" ok, in your mind. Many could say playing plodders in the Granny like Adel and GWS was boring! Why are Tigers fans defending the rabble that they have become, stop embarrasing yourselves, you know you wont be playing finals for years, its ok, it happens. The wilderness is gonna be tough when you have to keep punching uphill.Just hope you get the picks right coz thats all you have , kids straight out of school joinng a wooden spoon team. Funny coz geelong are still doing the painting as you speak. This thread is a joke surely. Its all satire yeah.

It’s a banter thread yeah 👍

But it seems like only the Richmond people in here know that.

I'm aware it happened. Just like I'm aware there was a Roman Empire and ancient Greece. My lived experience.....not so dry. Not sure about the floaters you speak of, is that another reference to the 60's or some other bygone era?

I’m referring to the cow manure that Geelong is famous for.

Cleany destroyed again. You summed it up well.

It's true he doesn't believe most of what he says, but enjoys being ridiculed anyway. Mostly it's an attention thing. People should study him.

Losing 1 preliminary final in 2018 was a nightmare footy experience, **** having to sit through 7 of them since 2004! Cats fans are suckers for punishment. I say get in there win 3 flags in 4 years and then GTFO, save yourself the stress and help your bank balance.
if settling for mediocrity is your thing then sure, go crazy

Losing 1 preliminary final in 2018 was a nightmare footy experience, **** having to sit through 7 of them since 2004! Cats fans are suckers for punishment. I say get in there win 3 flags in 4 years and then GTFO, save yourself the stress and help your bank balance.
Gold Coast have had a dream run.

I'm sure their supporters are hoping for 40 more years of no finals, then to quickly grab 3 flags and disappear again. That has to be the most enthralling experience as a supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are drafting for our next dynasty for HOF player.

Cats will hope Holmes will lead the way to a fluke flag in the coming years.

Cats are doomed. They better hope they Bradbury this year or it will be a catastrophic (pun intended) year

Despite the amount of times it’s been referenced I’m doubting he will understand what this picture relates to
he wouldn't have been born when it happened, better yet it was after Benny Gale choked on his sandwich against Steven King, letting him run riot with 4 final quarter goals

That’s how passionate we are. Footy actually means a lot to us.

Most people just go for Geelong because they live there/born into it. Next to nobody chooses Geelong willingly. Why would they?
Lol who chooses richmond willingly? You only just came put of 30 years of devastation and now look headed back for it again.

Geelong hasnt had a bad period since the 1970s, Plenty of success and for most of our last 5 decades we have played an attacking exciting brand of football. Thats why so many supporters have chosen geelong willingly despite the town itself being on its knees until recently.

Lol who chooses richmond willingly? You only just came put of 30 years of devastation and now look headed back for it again.

Geelong hasnt had a bad period since the 1970s, Plenty of success and for most of our last 5 decades we have played an attacking exciting brand of football. Thats why so many supporters have chosen geelong willingly despite the town itself being on its knees until recently.

Pretty much every generation has seen a dynasty, we are a big club, home ground is the MCG, closest club to the MCG and have 13 flags. That’s why.

Oh and our song is the best.

And please Chris Scott has the most boring brand of footy behind Ross Lyon. Most of his tenure was boring chip it around slow play

Also your song is cringe, you sing “greatest team of all” when you have shit seasons. Whoever thought of that obviously didn’t think it through. Just like the $142m reno for 4,000 seats. Somebody needs to get fired for that, did you make solid gold toilet seats or something where did the money go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back