Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:

You are such a loser.
I wasn't the one saying despicable things about Ablett being a mercenary turncoat. If the meedya are on the money with this one though I will give Dustie kudos, faking a retirement and getting a send-off from the Tiggie faithful only to rock up next year with Dimma on the Gold Coast as a free agent is a brutal way to go about it. :smilev1:

I wasn't the one saying despicable things about Ablett being a mercenary turncoat. If the meedya are on the money with this one though I will give Dustie kudos, faking a retirement and getting a send-off from the Tiggie faithful only to rock up next year with Dimma on the Gold Coast as a free agent is a brutal way to go about it. :smilev1:

now he may have stooped down to Abletts level.

But there is nothing wrong with it anyway according to you right?

Anyways, he’ll probably take GC to finals like your mate wasn’t good enough to do. Will add even more to his legacy especially if he wins those shitty B&Fs you love.

now he may have stooped down to Abletts level.

But there is nothing wrong with it anyway according to you right?

Anyways, he’ll probably take GC to finals like your mate wasn’t good enough to do. Will add even more to his legacy especially if he wins those shitty B&Fs you love.

There IS nothing wrong with it.
There is only one person who has ever made a fuss over it.

IF it happens we’ll just take credit for any awards he wins at the GC like you did with Ablett. Maybe you don’t like it as much as you think you do.

Sorry what credit have we taken for it 😂😂😂

They don’t go on the Geelong honours board mate.

They have been referenced in discussions about which players have had what sort of careers etc.

Some of the names being bandied about Dustie on the Richmond board are a little upsetting to read. :sadv1:

Maybe he genuinely was going to retire and that's why he did a big farewell and announced his retirement? Sure, if he had this planned all along and deliberately deceived the Tiggie faithful it's a little disappointing, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here, he hasn't even signed for Hardwick's Gold Coast Suns yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's happening with the Dust man?
GXVHhs3bgAAvTqM

He never cared about Richmond, just wanted to reach a contract trigger clause this year before bailing on them like everyone else. I don't blame them though

He did when he declined GWS and North for a pay cut. He seems to have changed his mind though. Like I said I’d stick to my guns, it makes him a mercenary if he leaves. But at least it wasn’t in his prime and a large chunk of his career like some other players.

Also he cried in his farewell so you can get lost with the never cared stuff.

Last edited:
Loyalty is importantly to Richmond people. Do Geelong people not care about loyalty?

Doesn’t seem it’s important to their:

• players
  • their fans, who routinely simply don’t bother showing up for weeks, months, decades at a time if they aren’t at the top of the tree
  • coaches
  • officials

All their other people seem to take it very seriously though, I agree

Good on Dusty.

He wasn't happy with the mess Richmond became 2021-2024. They gave him exactly one final during that time.

Dimma and the Suns have offered him a bit of hope. Players leave for all sorts of reasons. This might even teach a few toxic Richmond supporters some empathy. It's one of my favourite "thy"s.

Watch his head explode if that happens or Dusty gets a 4th norm at GC. These guys better be careful what they wish for. The Dusty GOAT talk will ramp up even more.

Good luck to him if he does. It would be worth it just to see the reaction from the Tigers fans, based on how they’re handling ‘Dustin Martin confirmed to have spoken to Gold Coast’ so far.

Anyone would think he’s led the second invasion of Poland the way your fans are making f**kwits of themselves over it.

It’s a footballer changing postcodes

Good on Dusty.

He wasn't happy with the mess Richmond became 2021-2024. They gave him exactly one final during that time.

Dimma and the Suns have offered him a bit of hope. Players leave for all sorts of reasons. This might even teach a few toxic Richmond supporters some empathy. It's one of my favourite "thy"s.

Jeremy Usbourne would be proud of your assessment of the different ‘thys’

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back