Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:

Wow look at the draft hand. We could end up with 6,9,10 from trades and I think 15 with a points trade with the Lions.

You guys still comfortable that you are ahead in your rebuild? 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_4303.png
    IMG_4303.png
    261.5 KB · Views: 9
Wow look at the draft hand. We could end up with 6,9,10 from trades and I think 15 with a points trade with the Lions.

Given the performance of players we have added to our best 23 since the 2020 grand final, compared to Richmond, yes we are very happy indeed.

Holmes, Stengle, Zuthrie, SDK, Close, Dempsey, Mannagh, Humphries, Bowes, Bruhn, O.Henry and Neale as a group are an important part of a prelim team. In the industry that is known as "rebuilding on the run".

Now do Richmond.

Yes, because they are numbers on a page.

You could select three players with debilitating syphilis - and based on previous Richmond admin efforts you probably will - and they’ll never make it onto the field, for all anyone knows. They are selections, mate. They mean absolutely nothing, until they play.

Our best draft pick from Joel Selwood through until Jhye Clarke two drafts ago was Nakia Cockatoo. He barely got on the field. Josh Cowan missed four seasons of football. So did Dan Menzel because of the astroturf at the MCG. Matthew Egan landed awkwardly in round 21, 2007, two weeks before being named AA CHB and never played again.

And these were just players who got injured, not duds. So your ‘numbers’ need to beat the odds of not only staying fit and healthy, but not being shit. They mean f**k all until they’ve done something. And even then, they aren’t going to do anything for years yet anyway. So who cares.

Celebrate eating shit sandwiches and pretending they taste good all you want.

chosenonescarlton.jpg

So have you decided which world beater you are going to get with your end of first round pick?

Geelong are gonna starve themselves of picks so bad it’s not even going to be funny anymore.

For the next decade it’s essentially No Trading/No drafting/Tassie coming in = 💀

So have you decided which world beater you are going to get with your end of first round pick?

Does it matter? Chances are that they will be playing a preliminary final within three seasons.

What currency are you still trying to buy your way into the fight with? Your team is shit, most of your existing decent players have gone, and any future presence in the upper echelons of the competition is entirely contingent on you picking well at the draft which is just as likely to not happen as it is to happen, on top of which, for you to actually be happy you need another team to drop off which means we need to stop picking up decent players.

Take a breath and sit a few plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong are gonna starve themselves of picks so bad it’s not even going to be funny anymore.

For the next decade it’s essentially No Trading/No drafting/Tassie coming in = 💀
Last end of first round pick we took was the one we snatched of your mob on draft day. He goes alright, dare I say better than all your young players combined. :winkv1:

Last end of first round pick we took was the one we snatched of your mob on draft day. He goes alright, dare I say better than all your young players combined. :winkv1:

Exactly he goes “alright”

And he’s most likely the best person you’ll draft in 10 years.

Let that sink in. Good luck, you will need it.

Exactly he goes “alright”

And he’s most likely the best person you’ll draft in 10 years.

Let that sink in. Good luck, you will need it.
I recall a kid we took with pick 900 in the rookie draft winning the Rising Star just a few weeks ago. I think if you were going to flaunt some magic beans ie draft picks to the supporters of any club, the last one you'd go after is Geelong supporters. When you've got the best recruiter in the business constantly pulling gems out of the arse-end of the draft, the minnows squabbling over which order they take their turn becomes more than a bit comical.

I recall a kid we took with pick 900 in the rookie draft winning the Rising Star just a few weeks ago. I think if you were going to flaunt some magic beans ie draft picks to the supporters of any club, the last one you'd go after is Geelong supporters. When you've got the best recruiter in the business constantly pulling gems out of the arse-end of the draft, the minnows squabbling over which order they take their turn becomes more than a bit comical.

Really? well then you have really have no excuse for not winning the next 10 flags in a row.

also he won it cause Reid and Darcy were disqualified so yeah. Geelong like winning things with asterisks

Really? well then you have really have no excuse for not winning the next 10 flags in a row.

also he won it cause Reid and Darcy were disqualified so yeah. Geelong like winning things with asterisks

Neither do you. Based on the thrashw@nk you’re having it sounds like you’ve got next year’s flag sewn up already. Pretty big failure of you aren’t in the finals ngl

Neither do you. Based on the thrashw@nk you’re having it sounds like you’ve got next year’s flag sewn up already. Pretty big failure of you aren’t in the finals ngl

Ah no where did you get that from? It’s going to take years of rebuilding to contend again.

I haven’t deluded myself into thinking my club can contend forever like you guys have. It’s incredibly arrogant and mathematically ignorant.

Ah no where did you get that from? It’s going to take years of rebuilding to contend again.

I haven’t deluded myself into thinking my club can contend forever like you guys have. It’s incredibly arrogant and mathematically ignorant.
We thought it would be possible for a long time without embracing wooden spoon land.

2004-2024 is quite a long time in sporting terms.

You’re already ahead in your rebuild. You’ve already picked a handful of champions. You’ve said it yourself.

You’ve deluded yourself into thinking lots of draft picks is a better outcome than being competitive so what the hey.

It’s mathematically correct. We’ve not gone more than 3 years without a finals appearance in nearly 4 decades soooooo….. you’re being…. A little mathematically ignorant yourself there, old boy, and if we win next Saturday we will be averaging a grand final appearance almost once every 3 years for 35 years soooooo, mathematically……???? I wouldn’t be putting TOOOOO much stock in someone who’s lifetime has been outstripped by our competitiveness telling us that we can’t contend forever.

We’ve already contended longer than you’ve been drawing breath.

When we go through a down period while you’re on this planet, feel free to do a deep dive

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back