Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
And yet will still be 2 flags down behind a younger club even if you get it done. Ouch 🤣

Sorry that relates to stuff that happened 50, 60, 70 years ago how, exactly? Will that foster your dogshit current team getting better, faster, somehow? Will you get to watch more wins because the scoreboard will adjust itself based on Jack dyer’s achievements?

When the still improving Kangaroos are giving it to you without lube while you’re on your fifth coach since Hardwick will the margin come down because of flags you didn’t get to see?

Not really sure a lot of modern Cats fans are going to be too bothered by what Francis Bourke and co were doing, buddy.

Sorry that relates to stuff that happened 50, 60, 70 years ago how, exactly? Will that foster your dogshit current team getting better, faster, somehow? Will you get to watch more wins because the scoreboard will adjust itself based on Jack dyer’s achievements?

When the still improving Kangaroos are giving it to you without lube while you’re on your fifth coach since Hardwick will the margin come down because of flags you didn’t get to see?

Not really sure a lot of modern Cats fans are going to be too bothered by what Francis Bourke and co were doing, buddy.
Story time with KG 🥰

I think back to my Auskick days, there was this poor Richmond kid who got bullied every Saturday morning.

Think it was during the Terry 'I need a 5 year plan' Wallace era from memory.

Being the early 2000s this wasn't just by Hawks or Cats supporters, either. Carlton, North, and even Footscray & St Kilda supporters were having a crack.

Little KG didn't have the ability to stand up to 50 other kids (playground brownie points at stake and all that), but I'm starting to wish I did as time goes by.

That sort of treatment does things to people, and we've got patient zero in here.

It's one of my great regrets in life. Who knows what that kid ended up doing.

If we're proteccting tradition then let's not play finals at venues where they have never* been played.

*-apart from that one time when Geelong lost a home state final at KP after four Victorian teams earned the right to home state finals in week 1 of the finals
Gladly. Geelong have won a premiership at Richmond's home ground 4 times since 2017 and each one was brilliant.

Story time with KG 🥰

I think back to my Auskick days, there was this poor Richmond kid who got bullied every Saturday morning.

Think it was during the Terry 'I need a 5 year plan' Wallace era from memory.

Being the early 2000s this wasn't just by Hawks or Cats supporters, either. Carlton, North, and even Footscray & St Kilda supporters were having a crack.

Little KG didn't have the ability to stand up to 50 other kids (playground brownie points at stake and all that), but I'm starting to wish I did as time goes by.

That sort of treatment does things to people, and we've got patient zero in here.

It's one of my great regrets in life. Who knows what that kid ended up doing.

I would’ve liked to meet him tbh but alas I was still a toddler.

How long did you play Auskick for before you realised you weren’t gonna make it?

Richmond due to the new coach bounce effect. Have a feeling we’ll finish 1-2 ladder places from each other again around 9-13th
Difference between us and Geelong is that they rely much more on their older players than us. We’ve almost gotten rid of all our oldies.

Wrong again.

I would’ve liked to meet him tbh but alas I was still a toddler.

How long did you play Auskick for before you realised you weren’t gonna make it?
....about 12 minutes.

In all seriousness, made a representative side at 15 or 16 and realised that was about my level, and just studied & partied from there.

Got so much respect for those guys really, to make those mature sacrifices at that age is pretty incredible.

Players deserve all the plaudits they get IMO. They worked harder than any of us did.

....about 12 minutes.

In all seriousness, made a representative side at 15 or 16 and realised that was about my level, and just studied & partied from there.

Got so much respect for those guys really, to make those mature sacrifices at that age is pretty incredible.

Players deserve all the plaudits they get IMO. They worked harder than any of us did.

Ah nice man that’s great, was just a bit of tongue and cheek 👍

I never did Auskick cause my mum didn’t want me getting injured, lame 😆

Ah nice man that’s great, was just a bit of tongue and cheek 👍

I never did Auskick cause my mum didn’t want me getting injured, lame 😆
Probably a good thing tbh.

The worst story known to man is the "I cOuLd haVe mAdE thE aFL" followed by "...but I injured my knee"

It's a canon event, every guy has said it at some point.

Probably a good thing tbh.

The worst story known to man is the "I cOuLd haVe mAdE thE aFL" followed by "...but I injured my knee"

It's a canon event, every guy has said it at some point.

My uncle said something similar regarding some hawks recruiters whilst he was playing a game. He got into a fight during the game and never heard from them again lol.

I may have been a hawks supporter if it wasn’t for that fight. Ironically I’d still probably meet you guys again on BF and be just as annoying, maybe even worse as a hawks supporter hahah

My uncle said something similar regarding some hawks recruiters whilst he was playing a game. He got into a fight during the game and never heard from them again lol.

I may have been a hawks supporter if it wasn’t for that fight. Ironically I’d still probably meet you guys again on BF and be just as annoying, maybe even worse as a hawks supporter hahah
At least he knew early.

My Dad had a mate who was playing 4th division Rugby Union in Adelaide (where NOBODY plays Rugby) at 31 years of age and he still hadn't given up on his dream of playing for the Wallabies.

It's a wholesome story, but it's pretty sad when you think about it lmao.

Four times since 2017. Check yourself.
walter white GIF

Richmond have 2 premierships at the G this century as well. Almost as many as Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This post comes with a trigger warning.

The shame of not matching Brisbane’s MCG premiership tally this century is only matched by the pride of winning 100% of all Grand Finals ever in Brisbane. View attachment 2112135
2022 at the G was the better flag. Lynch and that bloody post in the EF!

You'd trade 2 flags at the G this century for 4, every single time.

2022 at the G was the better flag. Lynch and that bloody post in the EF!

You'd trade 2 flags at the G this century for 4, every single time.
Why just this century? You don’t set the parameters of my enjoyment. The flags Richmond won when I was a kid are still great memories (yes, I’m that old). And I’ll cherish the 2020 flag as much as any. Arguably the flag won in the most trying times.

Why just this century? You don’t set the parameters of my enjoyment. The flags Richmond won when I was a kid are still great memories (yes, I’m that old). And I’ll cherish the 2020 flag as much as any. Arguably the flag won in the most trying times.

What’s funny is they think 2007 is modern era. It’s borderline ancient now being almost 20 years old and the game was played totally different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back