Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 94 42.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 77 34.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 50 22.5%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 67 30.2%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 62 27.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Things Richmond supporters celebrated in season 2024:
  • Winning 2 games
  • Their 3 flag era falling short of Geelong's 4
  • Geelong not winning another flag
  • Wooden spoon
spoonmond-png.2116698

It will be 60 years since Hawthorn won a spoon at the start of next season.

Which makes this list is as dumb as the idea of including 1800s flags.

Ancient history means jack in the context of an accurate and meaningful AFL past. There needs to be a cutoff point.

Hawthorn were not even called the hawks for the bulk of those early to mid 1900s spoons.

The competition was amateur back then too. It’s not the same game until the era when players could be paid enough to make the sport attractive.

The cutoff needs to be there, or at worst the birth of the AFL competition.

I think 70s and 80s VFL is relevant to todays game in terms of the administration of the game becoming more professional.

But this early 1900s, amateur competition record keeping belongs in a museum, not in the official AFL record books.

Write an essay bro...:rolleyes:

View attachment 2117710

You got 7 of those things

You make it so easy then again you probably dont know much. And you dont know your history you said cats dont have spoons heck you have 5

But we have more premierships 13 to be precise you know the most important aspect to why we play the game. Hawks have 11 spoons and still have more flags. Tigers have 7 as you say and still have more flags. What's the go i know to many GF chokes for the shitcats and prelim chokes, poor bastards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really glad we didn't do something silly like push back our rebuild by winning the flag. Congrats Tiges. Now you get to win trade period and the draft as well. Might even win more than 2 games next year.
We maybe be crap at the moment but its worth the pain knowing we will have another cup in the cupboard before Geelol.

A lot better than can consistently making it to prelim finals but never quite be good enough to go all the way and win the premiership. But I suppose if that is the standard you guys measure yourselves against and think it's good enough, then you go you!!!!!

OG Dbl 3 peat. Runalong minnow. Dont forget your spoon.

And with the spoon comes the number one pick. We'll take that hombre.

Lol lol lol did you just say minnows know your history you're now coming across more and more clueless.
We will buy your little club out with our small change. Cats have a paltry 6.2 mill in the bank. Tigers are no 1 for revenue in the AFL and are the 2nd richest with cash on hand 44 million in the bank. the eagles the richest.

You are getting smoked with every post, i get it no new material other than spoons :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

And with the spoon comes the number one pick. We'll take that hombre.

Lol lol lol did you just say minnows know your history you're now coming across more and more clueless.
We will buy your little club out with our small change. Cats have a paltry 6.2 mill in the bank. Tigers are no 1 for revenue in the AFL and are the 2nd richest with cash on hand 44 million in the bank. the eagles the richest.

You are getting smoked with every post, i get it no new material other than spoons :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

What’s that going to get you? More players? Bigger percentage to go with your two wins? Congratulations, the two richest clubs in the competition won 7 games this reason out of 46.

Money really CAN buy success can’t it.

What a brag.

Did you used to brag about how much your parents earned when you were in primary school?

You really only have 1 thing, aye?

Go cry yourself to sleep, bumpkins

I know its sad isn't it but hey the cats are the new Collingwood Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
Tell me what hurts more an imaginary spoon which they have 5 btw or choking in GF's 1989, 1992, 1994, 1995, 2008 & 2020 and even as many in prelims to add salt to that wound :tearsofjoy:

It’s weird man, they think they’re our rival for some reason and make everything about Geelong even when it doesn’t involve them.

Cats will always view Hawks as THE rival.
A fantastically competitive, driven and successful club who goes about it the right way.
Even if you are Poos and Wees to us, you are our most hated and most respected rival.
It’s an earned respect.

Pies at far distant second…anyone else is kidding themselves to think Cats give remotely a shit about their club.
It’s manufactured bullshit. Soo desperately clinging to get people to care about them.

Just need to go back into the wilderness for another 30 years.

You watch, they’ll get all pissy over it cause they know it’s true.

Oh no......no way, I have never been in the "Geelong is one of Richmond's rivals" camp. I just like to admire the fact that Richmond has it over Geelong when it truly matters most - Finals Footy.

That stat alone is enough. Geelong can always be one of Hawthorn's rivals.

What’s that going to get you? More players? Bigger percentage to go with your two wins? Congratulations, the two richest clubs in the competition won 7 games this reason out of 46.

Money really CAN buy success can’t it.

What a brag.

Did you used to brag about how much your parents earned when you were in primary school?

hahaha you're a crack up ill give you one thing you do give it your best shot but know the back story as to why i comment then you might jerry on.

Well we have 13 premiership to the down out of your luck cats 10. END OF STORY!!!
Minnows funniest thing ive heard hence why i said we will buy your little club out.

I know its sad isn't it but hey the cats are the new Collingwood Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
Tell me what hurts more an imaginary spoon which they have 5 btw or choking in GF's 1989, 1992, 1994, 1995, 2008 & 2020 and even as many in prelims to add salt to that wound :tearsofjoy:

Hang on so now we were favourites for ALL those grand finals?

Someone better tell the Hawthorn, West Coast, Carlton and Richmond sides who finished above us that they only won titles by default. Makes the Tigers’ claims at being any good pretty ordinary; ‘hey, your flag was handed to you!’

They’d better tell your English/comprehension teacher too, who did a lamentable job.

You didn’t have a down year this year. You just choked 21 times.

hahaha you're a crack up ill give you one thing you do give it your best shot but know the back story as to why i comment then you might jerry on.

Well we have 13 premiership to the down out of your luck cats 10. END OF STORY!!!
Minnows funniest thing ive heard hence why i said we will buy your little club out.

If you think that’s of any importance to what makes a club, mine or yours, you are missing a chromosome

Hang on so now we were favourites for ALL those grand finals?

Someone better tell the Hawthorn, West Coast, Carlton and Richmond sides who finished above us that they only won titles by default. Makes the Tigers’ claims at being any good pretty ordinary; ‘hey, your flag was handed to you!’

They’d better tell your English/comprehension teacher too, who did a lamentable job.

Your cats fans seem entitled and brag on like you have won the game before its been played.
So many of these cocky bastards going into the 2017 finals series where we smoked your little club. Even before yesterdays game your clueless cats were looking ahead to Sydney lmao

Lol lol lol you're on the banter thread let me guess you're the little nerd that always got stood up :tearsofjoy:

Haha im getting to you arent i, come on man you ok? you dont come across that bright but hey we are on the banter thread so its gloves off kinda stuff. All in good fun, Dont take it personal catman :tearsofjoy:

Yes yes a person on the internet that I’ve never met bragging about how big a footy club is because of its profit margins is getting to me. You got me.

I think the way that top 4 Geelong capitulated and lost a final to an interstate team at the 'G says everything we need to know about the state of the competition. They even lost 3 games at Kardinia Park this season Geelong (if I'm not mistaken, they were against interstate teams also?), and were far from convincing in a couple others.

So, when I look around the AFL landscape I see a bunch o' teams that never figured out how to beat the Richmond system but had to rely on the AFL assistance package that emasculated Richmond, allowing the opposition teams to move the ball quicker where previously only Richmond could.

It's not even up for debate, the AFL competition would be in a better place right now if Richmond wasn't emasculated and the other teams were forced to get better through the coaching of their own coaches rather than relying on the AFL to meet their special needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back