Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 94 42.7%
  • Dusty

Votes: 132 60.0%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 50 22.7%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 66 30.0%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 62 28.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Your cats fans seem entitled and brag on like you have won the game before its been played.
So many of these cocky bastards going into the 2017 finals series where we smoked your little club. Even before yesterdays game your clueless cats were looking ahead to Sydney lmao

Lol lol lol you're on the banter thread let me guess you're the little nerd that always got stood up :tearsofjoy:

Not all Cats fans are self entitled.

I think the way that top 4 Geelong capitulated and lost a final to an interstate team at the 'G says everything we need to know about the state of the competition. They even lost 3 games at Kardinia Park this season Geelong (if I'm not mistaken, they were against interstate teams also?), and were far from convincing in a couple others.

So, when I look around the AFL landscape I see a bunch o' teams that never figured out how to beat the Richmond system but had to rely on the AFL assistance package that emasculated Richmond, allowing the opposition teams to move the ball quicker where previously only Richmond could.

It's not even up for debate, the AFL competition would be in a better place right now if Richmond wasn't emasculated and the other teams were forced to get better through the coaching of their own coaches rather than relying on the AFL to meet their special needs.

How long will this account last?

Two, three hours?

And yeah, you are mistaken unless the Bulldogs have suddenly moved interstate

Your cats fans seem entitled and brag on like you have won the game before its been played.
So many of these cocky bastards going into the 2017 finals series where we smoked your little club. Even before yesterdays game your clueless cats were looking ahead to Sydney lmao

Lol lol lol you're on the banter thread let me guess you're the little nerd that always got stood up :tearsofjoy:

Nope. The clown that generally had a smart arse comment and was magically able to weave logic and some common sense into the average discussion and somehow often had a girlfriend despite that amazing combination of a double, or even triple, figure IQ, and non-Hollywood looks.

Yes folks, it IS possible.

That doesn't explain it, unless you loath yourself.

I'll go out on a limb and say it's because they were home and away champs for a long time, and won 3 flags spaced out by off years.

Meanwhile your team burned brighter for a shorter period of time, but won the same number of flags.

So you're on the radar as a threat to the whole Geelong supremacy trope.

I'll go out on a limb and say it's because they were home and away champs for a long time, and won 3 flags spaced out by off years.

Meanwhile your team burned brighter for a shorter period of time, but won the same number of flags.

Clever post,factual post.
The studying of Richmond during our dynasty then changing of rules.
A peculiar stat this year,Dimma no frees for U at Tigerland,all frees for U at Gold Coast.
#boysclub

A lot better than can consistently making it to prelim finals but never quite be good enough to go all the way and win the premiership.
Why did 9thmond's premiership run only culminate in three flags while the never quite good enough Geelong managed to snag four?

Why do no 9thmond supporters ever want to answer this question? They just deflect and change the subject... :sadv1:

fbab23f833b10a9f03726eb1f3cd1a00.jpg

Why did 9thmond's premiership run only culminate in three flags while the never quite good enough Geelong managed to snag four?

Why do no 9thmond supporters ever want to answer this question? They just deflect and change the subject... :sadv1:

View attachment 2117964

Because we’ve already done that with 5 in 14 from 67-80

When you are a successful club like us it hard to keep the hunger going.

Maybe one day you’ll understand.

Last edited:
Wow I had such a wonderful sleep, the air seems fresher this morning for some reason.

How are you Geelong people feeling?
I’ve had a lovely morning. Took the dog down the fire trails, had a coffee, watched a little of the footy show. Catching up on some social media now. May go out for a bite to eat a little later. Need to drop the eldest daughter off at a mates place this arvo. Pretty lazy Sunday really. Thanks for checking in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we’ve already done that with 5 in 14 from 67-80

When you are a successful club like us it hands to keep the hunger going.

Maybe one day you’ll understand.
How did that effect 21st century Richmond failing to achieve what Geelong did though? See we're starting to deflect again, it'd be nice if one of our Tiggie friends could at least try give a straight answer. :sadv1:

It’s literally the same reason they don’t like you.

Except it hurts more because Castanga has more flags than both the Gary’s combined

How did that effect 21st century Richmond failing to achieve what Geelong did though? See we're starting to deflect again, it'd be nice if one of our Tiggie friends could at least try give a straight answer. :sadv1:

Let me give you a hint. You can’t fail something that’s an ongoing tally. This century has just started.

But you can fail at getting a dynasty with a certain team which you did.

Let me give you a hint. You can’t fail something that’s an ongoing tally. This century has just started.

But you can fail at getting a dynasty with a certain team which you did.
At least you gave it the old college try which is more than most Tiggie fans can muster up when faced with that question. :sadv1:

So now you're counting four flags over a 15 year period, with an 11 year gap between the last two as being part of dynasty? :tearsofjoy:

Never in finals after we made the top 4 though, which was my point.

Who cares. Is that a rule now, that you can’t be beaten by an interstate side at the MCG 😂

Do you think when historians are going through the archives in 100 years and they see it they’ll send out a media release and alert the government:

‘Hang on hang on we need to stop all incoming and outbound planes. In 2024 a team who went within a goal of winning the previous year’s grand final came into the preliminary final having won 12 of their last 14 games, and defeated a Victorian side who isn’t based at the MCG, who the previous year finished 12th, with two goals in the final two minutes.’

I was fine already, and better still knowing that how a club of footballers you don’t even support and their success or failure impacts on your lifestyle

yeah I’m sure you were completely emotionless watching the game yesterday. Like your self awareness is astounding.

And for the record I don’t care about GFC I just like giving shit to its big headed supporters.

Rebuilding on the run has got to be the most egotistical statement in all of sport.

yeah I’m sure you were completely emotionless watch the game yesterday. Like your self awareness is astounding.

And for the record I don’t care about GFC I just like giving shit to its big headed supporters.

Rebuilding on the run has got to be the most egotistical statement in all of sport.

Again, just to re-iterate: we weren’t expected to figure anywhere near it this year. How are you not across this? You are allowed to want your team to win, and still be ok with not achieving it.

I’m not about to stick pins in my eyes because we didn’t.

If it means that much to you, why are you not in therapy over Richmond’s season?

Clearly you do care about GFC because every second f**king post you make is about us.

You’re like a metronome mate. Except a metronome has a purpose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back