Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 94 42.7%
  • Dusty

Votes: 132 60.0%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 50 22.7%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 66 30.0%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 62 28.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Who cares. Is that a rule now, that you can’t be beaten by an interstate side at the MCG 😂
No, it's not a rule, who said it was? To me the capitulation was proof of the sh*tness of the top 4.
‘Hang on hang on we need to stop all incoming and outbound planes. In 2024 a team who went within a goal of winning the previous year’s grand final came into the preliminary final having won 12 of their last 14 games, and defeated a Victorian side who isn’t based at the MCG, who the previous year finished 12th, with two goals in the final two minutes.’
"previous years grand final" you say 🤣🤣🤣 against a team that didn't make finals this season 🤣🤣🤣 hey, maybe Collingwood can do a Geelong next season with their easier draw 🤣🤣🤣

If you're suggesting that Geelong only made the top 4 because of an easy draw after finishing 12th the previous season? I would agree with that.

No, it's not a rule, who said it was? To me the capitulation was proof of the sh*tness of the top 4.

"previous years grand final" you say 🤣🤣🤣 against a team that didn't make finals this season 🤣🤣🤣 hey, maybe Collingwood can do a Geelong next season with their easier draw 🤣🤣🤣

If you're suggesting that Geelong only made the top 4 because of an easy draw after finishing 12th the previous season? I would agree with that.

It helped. We justified it by going interstate and winning a qualifying final though. So who cares.

You "justified" getting an easier draw? Don't you mean you took advantage of an easier draw and made the top 4?

What should we have done, lost and missed out?
No, good point. Every other team that finishes outside the top 8 and gets an easier draw is right to get an easier draw, and when they start to win games and re-climb the ladder - like, say, Richmond did, after propping it up since Methuselah was in nappies - but when it happens to us, whoa. Hang on. Hang on. Best get the tinfoil out. Something’s not right here folks dribble dribble

What exactly is your angle here, mate?

‘You guys, duh, only finished, duh, in the top 23 per cent of teams…..’

What is your actual insult with all this desperate posting, brother? It’s like Peter McNeeley piling shit on Razor Ruddock because the latter lost to Mike Tyson; one of them went the distance with him and lost, the other barely made it past the opening bell

Last edited:
No, good point. Every other team that finishes outside the top 8 and gets an easier draw is right to get an easier draw, and when they start to win games and re-climb the ladder - like, say, Richmond did, after propping it up since Methuselah was in nappies - but when it happens to us, whoa. Hang on. Hang on. Best get the tinfoil out. Something’s not right here folks dribble dribble

What exactly is your angle here, mate?

‘You guys, duh, only finished, duh, in the top 23 per cent of teams…..’

What is your actual insult with all this desperate posting, brother? It’s like Peter McNeeley piling shit on Razor Ruddock because the latter lost to Mike Tyson; one of them went the distance with him and lost, the other barely made it past the opening bell

I assume you take back your comments about high draft picks and equalisation then yeah?

We justified getting them because of how low we finished.

No, who said that? Of course you should take advantage of what the AFL has offered you, but to win a flag in 2022 (after Richmond was emasculated and screwed at the GABBA), miss the finals the following season, then make a prelim this season only to lose to an interstate team is telling in my opinion. We got teams finishing top 4 because of an easier draw (not like Richmond in '18, '19 & '20 before the emasculation), and Geelong fans arent talking about the state of the game, why is that?

😂😂😂

Nice try.

It was on record BEFORE the game that Holmes had trained away from the team with illness.
You could literally see staff working on Holmes himself on the boundary with face masks on, confirming what was written about Covid.
And yes, amazingly, when they lost a coach to a medical episode, they lost a coach to a medical episode. They didn’t retrospectively travel back in time and make that up, either.

The fact that you haven’t read Andrew Wu’s article and just screengrabbed a tweet won’t change any of that, nor will it change the fact that those things didn’t effect the result.

The thing that impacted the result the most was Holmes’ in game injury and it was more than offset by McInerney’s anyway.

No, who said that? Of course you should take advantage of what the AFL has offered you, but to win a flag in 2022 (after Richmond was emasculated and screwed at the GABBA), miss the finals the following season, then make a prelim this season only to lose to an interstate team is telling in my opinion. We got teams finishing top 4 because of an easier draw (not like Richmond in '18, '19 & '20 before the emasculation), and Geelong fans arent talking about the state of the game, why is that?

Because we don’t care.

😂😂😂

Nice try.

It was on record BEFORE the game that Holmes had trained away from the team with illness.
You could literally see staff working on Holmes himself on the boundary with face masks on, confirming what was written about Covid.
And yes, amazingly, when they lost a coach to a medical episode, they lost a coach to a medical episode. They didn’t retrospectively travel back in time and make that up, either.

The fact that you haven’t read Andrew Wu’s article and just screengrabbed a tweet won’t change any of that, nor will it change the fact that those things didn’t effect the result.

The thing that impacted the result the most was Holmes’ in game injury and it was more than offset by McInerney’s anyway.
In your mind big fella, ok 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In your mind big fella, ok 🤣

If you post it in enough threads (how many is this now, three? I can only assume you went running faster than Asafa Powell to the Tigers oppo thread) Will it become real that this is being pedalled by all and sundry as the reason we lost 😂😂😂

Or is it just an article by a journalist called Andrew Wu who you, in your desperate attempts to somehow, as a Tigers fan with little if anything to do atm, stay relevant, have suddenly elected as a spokesperson for all and sundry in Cat Land?

That you want to get rid of the draft system as it rewards teams for being shit.

But I guess equalisation is ok when Geelong cook it and get an easier fixture.

I do.
And I’m happy to get rid of the inequitable fixture as well and make it a 17-game season.

But unfortunately, as you may or may not be aware, I’m not the AFLCEO, so I don’t have that power within me.

So for now, my club operates under the same constraints as yours and for the second time in nearly two decades, we were afforded a draw impacted by having not made the finals.

Again, what should we have done, lost?

We are Geelong
Choke most every year
Nothing to see here
The fans they cheer and cheer
Big names go missing in the games that count
Smashing crap teams at home is what it's all about
Change rules to suit them
Still can't get it done
Not often number one
(whispered in background "we'll make finals again next year".....

We are Geelong
Choke most every year
Nothing to see here
Still can't get it done
Not often number one

Even in song, you guys manage to display an aversion to intellect….
Smashing teams at home - your home - is indeed what we are all about.

Since 2014, a period in which your club enjoyed its only period where it basically hasn’t been an utter joke in four decades, and actually saw considerable success, you’ve won at 60 per cent at the MCG.

Home track bullies that we are, in the same period, playing at the venue, where we are invariably the away team or at best a default host against a visiting finalist from interstate in a couple of games, we boast the same win rate.

So well done on that.

In your greatest period for nearly half a century, where you’ve managed to win 3 flags, make the top 4 four times, and made the top 8 seven times, you’ve…… managed a record at your home ground that matches ours at your home ground.

Tremendous.

We obviously rely exclusively on KP for our finals appearances year upon year.

We are Geelong
Choke most every year
Nothing to see here
Still can't get it done
Not often number one
Now give us a tune for the most losing-est team in VFL/AFL history, the Yze Tiggies! 😍

Don't forget the rule changes in 2021 (Stand rule) by Steve Hocking to hobble our game and give a leg up to Dad's Army!
Another bogus account for Falcon focusing 100% on posting about Geelong. The obsession is incredibly sad

Another bogus account for Falcon focusing 100% on posting about Geelong. The obsession is incredibly sad
Mate, I don't know who Falcon is. Is he one of your imaginary friends?

I have been following Big Footy for a number of years and just joined to lend my voice to the Richmond Army.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back