Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 94 42.5%
  • Dusty

Votes: 133 60.2%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 76 34.4%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 66 29.9%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 62 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Mate, I don't know who Falcon is. Is he one of your imaginary friends?

I have been following Big Footy for a number of years and just joined to lend my voice to the Richmond Army.
Bullshit every day of the year. Even the attempt at humour is Falcon / Cleanwipe to the tee

I think the way that top 4 Geelong capitulated and lost a final to an interstate team at the 'G says everything we need to know about the state of the competition. They even lost 3 games at Kardinia Park this season Geelong (if I'm not mistaken, they were against interstate teams also?), and were far from convincing in a couple others.

So, when I look around the AFL landscape I see a bunch o' teams that never figured out how to beat the Richmond system but had to rely on the AFL assistance package that emasculated Richmond, allowing the opposition teams to move the ball quicker where previously only Richmond could.

It's not even up for debate, the AFL competition would be in a better place right now if Richmond wasn't emasculated and the other teams were forced to get better through the coaching of their own coaches rather than relying on the AFL to meet their special needs.

Emasculated hehe

No your side is just cooked.

I think the way that top 4 Geelong capitulated and lost a final to an interstate team at the 'G says everything we need to know about the state of the competition. They even lost 3 games at Kardinia Park this season Geelong (if I'm not mistaken, they were against interstate teams also?), and were far from convincing in a couple others.

So, when I look around the AFL landscape I see a bunch o' teams that never figured out how to beat the Richmond system but had to rely on the AFL assistance package that emasculated Richmond, allowing the opposition teams to move the ball quicker where previously only Richmond could.

It's not even up for debate, the AFL competition would be in a better place right now if Richmond wasn't emasculated and the other teams were forced to get better through the coaching of their own coaches rather than relying on the AFL to meet their special needs.
The rules changed? Big deal. Every other team managed to adapt except the one trick Tigers. Have the supporters ever stopped and asked why that was?

And the other relevant question is why so many Richmond players want out. The players have “emasculated” the club

If you post it in enough threads (how many is this now, three? I can only assume you went running faster than Asafa Powell to the Tigers oppo thread) Will it become real that this is being pedalled by all and sundry as the reason we lost 😂😂😂

Or is it just an article by a journalist called Andrew Wu who you, in your desperate attempts to somehow, as a Tigers fan with little if anything to do atm, stay relevant, have suddenly elected as a spokesperson for all and sundry in Cat Land?
Just posting someones work from twitter. Looks like it stung even more the 3rd time your good self read it.

I'd say it's just for you but that would be being disingenuous like your coach 😉

Can we still be friends ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emasculated hehe

No your side is just cooked.
We may be cooked BUT we we've got 3 premierships in 4 years to show for it you.

You guys are still in a deep freeze since 1995. You were supposed to be arriving in 2008/9 but I suppose someone forgot to put you in the microwave and thaw you out.

I suppose you can't buy your premierships anymore like you used to with all the draft rules and salary caps in place.

We are Geelong
Choke most every year
Nothing to see here
The fans they cheer and cheer
Big names go missing in the games that count
Smashing crap teams at home is what it's all about
Change rules to suit them
Still can't get it done
Not often number one
(whispered in background "we'll make finals again next year".....
Now give us a tune for the most losing-est team in VFL/AFL history, the Yze Tiggies! 😍

You're not going to give us a jingle I fear so here's my haphazard attempt at the Tiggie theme of 2024:

:musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes:
Oh, Richmond, what a fall,
This wooden spoon, it says it all.
Three flags waving, but we sigh,
Geelong’s four just makes us cry.

Mediocre, we know it’s true,
Dreams of glory fading, too.
In the shadows, we’ll remain,
Just a tale of endless pain.
:musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes:

Obviously just a couple of verses here to get us started, but there's still the rats fleeing the sinking ship in Bolton, Baker, Rioli etc that could be worked into another. Leave it with me.

Spoon Eating GIF by calioo

And with the spoon comes the number one pick. We'll take that hombre.

Lol lol lol did you just say minnows know your history you're now coming across more and more clueless.
We will buy your little club out with our small change. Cats have a paltry 6.2 mill in the bank. Tigers are no 1 for revenue in the AFL and are the 2nd richest with cash on hand 44 million in the bank. the eagles the richest.

You are getting smoked with every post, i get it no new material other than spoons :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
EFNDri8U0AEY6wH.jpg

Ol Tin Rattlers.

Minnow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back