Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 94 42.5%
  • Dusty

Votes: 133 60.2%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 76 34.4%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 66 29.9%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 62 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
‘Guys, guys, I think I’ve got them. They’ve given up, wait for it, MORE leads, in finals, at half time, prelim finals, than ANY team this century!!! Hahaha, how funny is that!!’

‘Yeah but they’ve WON more finals, and are equal first for premierships, than any team this century. Is it really that funny. I mean I’m happy to go with it but I’m not really sure where ‘lost half time leads’ ranks compared to winning finals and actually winning premierships - won’t they just point out that they do those things more often than everyone else as well?’

‘Oh yeah this is such a good zinger. Just trust me on this. I wrote movies for Pauly Shore.’

Has the wooden spoon arrived at Punt Rd yet or are the AFL being lazy buggers again?
Give it time, i hear its going to be gold encrusted. Its the least the AFL could do :tearsofjoy:

But for the cats its another
Sick Poison GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
EXIT LOL

And the afl has changed the rules before solely to stop mark blicavs jumping up as a second ruckman. So you are wrong. The afl has changed the rules to negatively impact geelong.
So while the other ruckman was occupied with his opponent Blicavs liked to, using his athleticism, jump up as a second ruckman, creating a 2 against 1?
How many flags did you win with that massive advantage?
The most hitouts Blicavs ever had was in 2022.

Anyway, that's nothing like the rule change we had to contend with, and that rule change came when we were winning flags. Imagine not being able to raise the fight like we used to before the rule change. It's the sole reason we lost so many close games, particularly in 2022, the year we were screwed at the GABBA.

So while the other ruckman was occupied with his opponent Blicavs liked to, using his athleticism, jump up as a second ruckman, creating a 2 against 1?
How many flags did you win with that massive advantage?
The most hitouts Blicavs ever had was in 2022.

Anyway, that's nothing like the rule change we had to contend with, and that rule change came when we were winning flags. Imagine not being able to raise the fight like we used to before the rule change. It's the sole reason we lost so many close games, particularly in 2022, the year we were screwed at the GABBA.

Yeah well, you won the most games across 2017-2020 and responded to the rule change by making the finals once in the four seasons that followed and ‘achieving’ a wooden spoon.

We won the second most games across 2017-2020 and responded to it by winning a flag, and making two preliminary finals, so stiff shit.

Other than hoisting that cup in the air at the end of the season, ever other team are just plain old losers. Just in different orders. I'm wrapped to have the Wooden Spoon this year. When we skip past you in a few years, you'll see the value of it as well.

If there was an award for the most prelim appearances and runners up award, Geelong would be a proud contender but probably come runners up for that one too. :laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond supporters genuinely are. It's funny you think receiving the number one pick (probably 4 or five other first rounders too) to rebuild after a dynasty, is anything other than a blessing.

The mood must be pretty sombre around Geelong today though. They tried hard though and deserve a pat on the back for making finals, again. And failing again. We'll enjoy our wooden spoon this year and hopefully get another next year to really build up a list to win another few flags, not just make up the numbers.

Last edited:
The truth is these two clubs have never really been rivals. For that to happen , Geelong have to beat us in a game that matters and they can’t .

To be rivals there need to be mutual heartbreaking finals losses both ways , and history tells the story that is overwhelmingly one way

Tigers always rip the cats hearts out in finals
Richmond where always devastating and the cats reputation has suffered badly . There is world where the cats have 3 more flags but Richmond where always too tough and too good , and cats fans have trouble dealing with it

Better to close this thread as it must hurt their feelings a lot and it is not right

Have some mercy mods.
Richmond also has to not have periods of 30 years where geelong thumps them every game. That would help.

Who changed the law so kevin bartlett couldnt bounce the ball every time he was about to be tackled and then throw his hands up like he had been shot claiming it was holding the man....

Yeah it was this guy ...
IMG_1149.jpeg

the guy who fixes holes in the law books that dodgy richmond teams try to break. Sent them into 30 years of oblivion.

Emasculate -
deprive (a football club) of their identity.
make (a football club) weaker or less effective.
Your contention is that a rule change resulted in Richmond finishing last in 2024? LOL

In 2010 the AFL orchestrated the move of the best player in the AFL from Geelong to Gold Coast. Did Geelong wallow? No, they proved they could win a premiership without Ablett.

Grow up and find something worthwhile to do instead of obsessing about Geelong. It is so tiresome

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back