Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 95 42.2%
  • Dusty

Votes: 136 60.4%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 77 34.2%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 51 22.7%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 30.2%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 64 28.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Touch a nerve did I?

19k against GWS. 21k against Stkilda. Gonna have to start counting the seagulls to keep up the "Tiger army" nonsense.

Bro how could you touch a nerve when i wrecked you like no tomorrow. Take the L you just got roasted.

1 mill through the gate and 4th for attendances. Ave almost 44K. Its a 23 game season not one you 🤡

Jesus even their funding is “just making up the numbers” dark times indeed for Geelong.

Poor bastards finished top 4 and we still outdrew them :tearsofjoy:

I can understand the AFL handing the scats more, ****en minnows. They only have 6 mill in the bank maybe we can help them out throw a few bucks there way considering we have 44 mill in the bank.

img_9529-copy.jpg

Bro how could you touch a nerve when i wrecked you like no tomorrow. Take the L you just got roasted.

1 mill through the gate and 4th for attendances. Ave almost 44K. Its a 23 game season not one you 🤡

You sound angry. Are you ok?

Maybe get outside and find some fresh air. Get away from the stress and overcrowding of modern life. Richmond home games late in the year are a good place to do just that. Just don't watch the score too closely.

You sound angry. Are you ok?

Maybe get outside and find some fresh air. Get away from the stress and overcrowding of modern life. Richmond home games late in the year are a good place to do just that. Just don't watch the score too closely.

No I'm fine :thumbsu: thanks for asking maybe you need to take your own advice tomorrows a new day and hope its better for you. I get it having your posts corrected for accuracy can be upsetting, perhaps nerve racking but its all good no harm intended. You have a good day now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's Geelongs highest vote accumulater tonight cats fans?

We will be lucky to have anyone get above 12-13.

Probably Cameron just on the back of 21/6, 17/5, 19/4, 27/6, 14/9.

You’d think at least 4 of them will probably net him 3 votes and he might scrape up a few others here and there. It will be shared around a bit between Holmes, Miers, Stewart, Stengle.

What was wrong with the meaning I put up?

Emasculate -
deprive (a football club) of their identity.
make (a football club) weaker or less effective.

Our identity was our pressure based system.

You don't remember Robbo asking Whateley: "But what is their system, it's just pressure isn't it, they can all do that?"

And then Whateley replied: "if they could, they would."

Geelong couldn't, and the rest is history, Hocking went to work, special needs were met, and with that, Richmond was made less effective.

If not emasculation, what would you call what happened to us?
In 2017 the AFL introiduced the new ruck rules outlawing a second man up. The image used by the AFL in its media release was Mark Blicavs who had made an art form of being second man up. Fox Sport reported, "The tactic has become more prevalent with Geelong’s Mark Blicavs by far the biggest user of it. Blicavs recorded 154 hit-outs in 2016 as the third man up."

Instead of wallowing and crying poor, Geelong and Blicavs adapted. Blicavs reinvented himself as a tall utility who could play midfield, back or forward.

Why couldn't Richmond adapt? No Richmond supporter on this board has answered that question yet.

You’d think at least 4 of them will probably net him 3 votes and he might scrape up a few others here and there. It will be shared around a bit between Holmes, Miers, Stewart, Stengle.
And if Danger gets at least 2 BOG's (In Coaches award he had 3 BOG's in 2024) he then becomes the player with the greatest number of BOG's in AFL/VFL history, overtaking GAJ

Hahaha do you really want to go own the path of crowds. I mean really? Not withstanding that first half of 2022 crowds were still impacted by covid FACT. Thurs night rain, school and work the next day!
Even pies got 25K V eagles on a Sat in 2022.

I had a look on AFL tables for cats lowest crowds to many to even post here lmao.

Anyways 2022 the tiges still 3rd for attendances :thumbsu: and the cats did ok by their standards 8th

2022.jpg

That's what I was thinking. The reason I ask is do you think your top poll voter will get more than the whole Richmond side combined 😂

F**ken hell will you EVER stop making excuses? You’re a grown adult, deal with it
Someone should pass this message on to Chris Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back