Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 95 42.0%
  • Dusty

Votes: 137 60.6%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 77 34.1%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 51 22.6%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 30.1%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 64 28.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Do the Tigers have the weakest b2b ever?
I believe it's the strongest in the AFL era because it was system based. You'll notice how the AFL never gave a sh*t about the treble winning teams, but when Richmond went b2b, the AFL were at their wits' end.

And if we judge your first 3 flags in the AFL era by todays rules, which I will do, it doesn't stand up to our 3, because the AFL allowed Geelong to collect their father sons before changing what was deemed to be an unfair father son rule, so even then you received special treatment 🤣🤣🤣

Hahaha do you really want to go own the path of crowds. I mean really? Not withstanding that first half of 2022 crowds were still impacted by covid FACT. Thurs night rain, school and work the next day!
Even pies got 25K V eagles on a Sat in 2022.

I had a look on AFL tables for cats lowest crowds to many to even post here lmao.

Anyways 2022 the tiges still 3rd for attendances :thumbsu: and the cats did ok by their standards 8th

View attachment 2119212
Please you pick a period when the capacity at Geelong was less than 20,000 with the new stand under construction.

I could puck the crowds from 1964 as representative... that was when Richmond was still playing at the Punt Rd oval

I believe it's the strongest in the AFL era because it was system based. You'll notice how the AFL never gave a sh*t about the treble winning teams, but when Richmond went b2b, the AFL were at their wits' end.

And if we judge your first 3 flags in the AFL era by todays rules, which I will do, it doesn't stand up to our 3, because the AFL allowed Geelong to collect their father sons before changing what was deemed to be an unfair father son rule, so even then you received special treatment 🤣🤣🤣
There was zero good opposition in that era. You played adelaid, gws and 2020 ulta defensive geelong in grand finals. Yeek

2009-11 was clearly the strongest era. Three absolutely dominant teams that would of all smashed the tigers flag teams had to share the spoils. Even the hawks struggled against those teams and had to wait their turn.

I reckon little Geelong should lobby for Collingwood's defeat of Richmond in the 2018 prelim to be counted as a premiership, along with the premierships 'won' in the 1800s in the VFA 😂
God you lot are insecure.
The club's supporters were Colin Carter was trying to introduce VFA cups into their total just say they could try and be in the same room as the big clubs is talking about insecurity? Good lord.

You’re the one who thinks we didn’t deserve to be there aren’t you?

If we didn’t deserve to be there, is it a choke?

What are you rambling on about. You need to read your fellow cats posts first before making incorrect assertions.
Did we win 2 games YES. Did the cats choke again YES. What part of that didnt you understand?

Do the Tigers have the weakest b2b ever? 25 combined wins for their opponents. Geelong beat 20 win opponents twice lmao.

What makes it weak? Peaked at the correct time in 2019 after failing + learning in 2018.

2020 in a lot of ways was the most even year in decades - everyone played each other once, significant reduction in the alleged VicBias travel advantage etc.

The club's supporters were Colin Carter was trying to introduce VFA cups into their total just say they could try and be in the same room as the big clubs is talking about insecurity? Good lord.

That’s news to us. I’m a supporter and I’m not lobbying for it. I think you’ll find a lot of people feel the same way.

I don’t want to be in the same room as the ‘big clubs.’

What does being a ‘big club’ get you, exactly? The satisfaction of knowing that what, you share something in common with a whole heap of other bandwagon fans like the thousands upon thousands of EPL fans over the years who just pitch in with Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, or to some extent Man City?

Nah they’re cool

Lol. Geelong is the big club. Along with maybe hawthorn.

The two dominant teams of the afl.

Then after that you have a gap to a group of clubs including sydney, pies, eagles and maybe lions

What are you rambling on about. You need to read your fellow cats posts first before making incorrect assertions.
Did we win 2 games YES. Did the cats choke again YES. What part of that didnt you understand?

Maybe we did. I don’t really know. If it’s a 50-50 game that you’re not expected to even make, it’s not exactly Greg Norman at Augusta is it.

No I'm fine :thumbsu: thanks for asking maybe you need to take your own advice tomorrows a new day and hope its better for you. I get it having your posts corrected for accuracy can be upsetting, perhaps nerve racking but its all good no harm intended. You have a good day now!

I'm glad you took a joke so seriously.

Would it make you feel better if I told you I actually think Richmond has a large supporter base and they are probably no more fair weather than most teams?

In 2017 the AFL introiduced the new ruck rules outlawing a second man up. The image used by the AFL in its media release was Mark Blicavs who had made an art form of being second man up. Fox Sport reported, "The tactic has become more prevalent with Geelong’s Mark Blicavs by far the biggest user of it. Blicavs recorded 154 hit-outs in 2016 as the third man up."

Instead of wallowing and crying poor, Geelong and Blicavs adapted. Blicavs reinvented himself as a tall utility who could play midfield, back or forward.

Why couldn't Richmond adapt? No Richmond supporter on this board has answered that question yet.

Did you notice Dangerfield did it in the Prelim? He was promptly penalised but what was he thinking? Feeling the pressure I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please you pick a period when the capacity at Geelong was less than 20,000 with the new stand under construction.

I could puck the crowds from 1964 as representative... that was when Richmond was still playing at the Punt Rd oval

I didnt pick any period i was replying to one of your posters Aaron Reed who plucked out a tigers crowd from 2022 which was covid restricted plus being on a thurs night rain, school/work next day. Also mentioned pies got 25K v eagles on a Sat.

I finished by saying we still finished 3rd and while i was at it said cats finished 8th. You want to go back 60 years for crowds lol go for it :tearsofjoy:

plucked out a tigers crowd from 2022 which was covid restricted plus being on a thurs night rain, school/work next day.
Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

Did you notice Dangerfield did it in the Prelim? He was promptly penalised but what was he thinking? Feeling the pressure I guess.
Looked like an impulsive decision to me. The ball came straight to him (metres away from the 2 ruckmen). But the rule is clear... Perhaps he should have claimed he was fisting the ball back to the umpire ;)

Should they? Someone should pass on the message to you to watch his press conference.
I did.

Why mention gastro and covid masks and then say but please, don't use it as an excuse.

Just say nothing, it's a choice. If asked you can say it's irrelevant and had zero impact, or you can mention it and then say don't mention it.

It's a pity. He's easily the most well spoken coach in the game. But the "mention it, don't mention it" schtick has been in his arsenal for a long time. Best coach in the league, doesn't need to go there.

Widely known the Tiges had a bad outbreak in 2018 PF week and the coach has never, ever mentioned it.

Maybe we did. I don’t really know. If it’s a 50-50 game that you’re not expected to even make, it’s not exactly Greg Norman at Augusta is it.

Cats were the clear favourite going into the match and rightly so. 25 points in the 3rd qtr against a team with a so so record on the G should've been a Win for the cats.

That’s news to us. I’m a supporter and I’m not lobbying for it. I think you’ll find a lot of people feel the same way.

I don’t want to be in the same room as the ‘big clubs.’

What does being a ‘big club’ get you, exactly? The satisfaction of knowing that what, you share something in common with a whole heap of other bandwagon fans like the thousands upon thousands of EPL fans over the years who just pitch in with Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, or to some extent Man City?

Nah they’re cool
He went hard on this for a few years. There's a ton of articles on it.

Lol. Geelong is the big club. Along with maybe hawthorn.

The two dominant teams of the afl.

Then after that you have a gap to a group of clubs including sydney, pies, eagles and maybe lions
Now, now, this is that insecurity we were talking about.

And then we lost our star mid who was best on ground at the time.
Anything like the Lions losing one of the best ruckman in the comp due to a shoulder injury?

Cats were the clear favourite going into the match and rightly so. 25 points in the 3rd qtr against a team with a so so record on the G should've been a Win for the cats.
Well the MCG is their home ground. It's where their finals are played. They really have no excuses.

I did.

Why mention gastro and covid masks and then say but please, don't use it as an excuse.

Just say nothing, it's a choice. If asked you can say it's irrelevant and had zero impact, or you can mention it and then say don't mention it.

It's a pity. He's easily the most well spoken coach in the game. But the "mention it, don't mention it" schtick has been in his arsenal for a long time. Best coach in the league, doesn't need to go there.

Widely known the Tiges had a bad outbreak in 2018 PF week and the coach has never, ever mentioned it.

Because you get asked mate, and he spent 7 seconds at the very end of the conference addressing it and stood up and left. ‘Everyone deals with it, it’s not exactly insurmountable.’ I’d imagine when you’ve spent 14 minutes talking about where a game is won or lost, NOT bringing that stuff up, talking specifically ABOUT Max Holmes, giving the opposition credit for the way they play, you’re um, not exactly looking for an excuse when someone asks you a direct question about an issue that had already been publicised

‘He didn’t train for a week and a half….. but once you cross the line you’re fully fit.’
Hardwick’s words about Martin after that prelim.
Oh but he wouldn’t ’make an excuse without making an excuse’ now would he.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back