Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.8%
  • Dusty

Votes: 143 61.6%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 78 33.6%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.8%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 29.3%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 28.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Exactly right.

They want to count flags from the AFL era only. But then include years from our drought in the VFL era. They want to have their cake and eat it too. Literally, like look what happened to Porkins.
I haven't gone into VFL nor care. Ever since the AFL era came in Richmond has overwhelmingly been an unsucessful poorly run club. You have missed finals over that period a whopping 24/34 years. That is atrocious and embarrasing.

Things are back to the norm after your small patch of success

I haven't gone into VFL nor care. Ever since the AFL era came in Richmond has overwhelmingly been an unsucessful poorly run club. You have missed finals over that period a whopping 24/34 years. That is atrocious and embarrasing.

An unsuccessful poorly run club yet still owns Geelong where it counts, talk about embarrassing

You just worry about Geelong’s impending doom. I wonder how long you’ll be so cocky for. This was your best shot at a flag for the next decade and you cooked it.

I’m prepared to back the Tigers as being a successfully run club for the time being. They saw that they had a problem, elected someone that they believed could fix it, and he came up with a plan to deliver success and it worked. What happens next will go a long way to determining if it’s seen as a fluke or not though. Melbourne are in real danger for all the joy they bought all their long suffering supporters in 2021 of ruining it all to some degree.

Richmond aren’t on that path: they can’t be as they won three flags not one, so it was a period of far greater success, but it is an illustration of just how fleeting success can be if things aren’t done right

Everyone in the footy community when Richmond start getting excited about their 100 top ten picks coming up:
season 17 episode 6 GIF

An unsuccessful poorly run club yet still owns Geelong where it counts, talk about embarrassing
When it counts is every season, and overwhelmingly more than not 24/34 times since AFL introduced, you have choked and failed so badly you couldnt even make finals.

So whatever you think richmond owns, its got a pretty damn small window of existence.

You might want to take a closer look. The footy community is saying we will most likely have the best draft hand than when GWS came into the league. If you think that’s bad you have a severe case of copium.
The footy community is saying you have the worst list in the AFL with lots of years of being shit to come. Back to the good ol richmond ways.

Back to where you belong
bitch slap GIF

3 flags that we beat Geelong on the way to

This is the part I think none of us get:

Every team that wins, beats teams on the way. We beat Collingwood 3 times on the way to our flags. They would have won almost certainly 2, probably 3 if we didn’t. I’ve never once considered for a moment that either a) we are a reason that any of their fans have anything against us; they’d be way out in front of everyone if it wasn’t for us, b) they give it a moment’s thought

It seems to be something that matters to only one group of people.

When it counts is every season, and overwhelmingly more than not 24/34 times since AFL introduced, you have choked and failed so badly you couldnt even make finals.

So whatever you think richmond owns, its got a pretty damn small window of existence.
And yet each finals loss no doubt eats at you, no matter how badly Richmond have been run you lost to them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the injuries? Do you have any idea how many injuries/missing players geelong had.

Our foward line was literally lachie henderson and Sav.
You guys were up at HT by a significant margin, The Cats have never lost a prelim by being up that much. give credit where credit due this team had the hunt, hunger & heart.

You guys were up at HT by a significant margin, The Cats have never lost a prelim by being up that much. give credit where credit due this team had the hunt, hunger & heart.
You struggled to beat a team with henderson and sav as fowards and with their star mid injuring himself late in the second qtr and and extra weeks break at your home stadium.

Well done.

Ps. Geelong was ahead of hawthorn in the 2013 prelim by something similar.

You struggled to beat a team with henderson and sav as fowards and with their star mid injuring himself late in the second qtr and and extra weeks break at your home stadium.

Well done.

And Richmond were missing Rance and had two players injured during the game, but but but we were missing Rohan

Well done.

And your best team let a fat retired guy destroy you in 5 mins which destroyed the chance of a dynasty. Delicious.

And I won’t mention that gross 09 Saints team where you fluke the win. How you struggled to beat a team with Montagna is one of the wonders of the world.

And your best team let a fat retired guy destroy you in 5 mins which destroyed the chance of a dynasty. Delicious.

And I won’t mention that gross 09 Saints team where you fluke the win. How you struggled to beat a team with Montagna is one of the wonders of the world.
Wow and now we deflect when we are beaten

And hawkins and duncan and clark. And danger couldnt run the second half. And you had a week off.
What about Jack Graham, doing his shoulder, coming back on mutiple times after it kept popping back out?
Dusty & Cotchin didn't look 100% in this match. we were without our best defender all year.

Why are you giving Henderson shit? every club has role players you think we didn't have them?
We had Soldo & Castagna in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back