Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.8%
  • Dusty

Votes: 143 61.6%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 78 33.6%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.8%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 29.3%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 28.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Sounds like the same pathetic excuses rolled out from the weekend.

Did anyone make excuses from the weekend?

I thought we were just beaten by a better side. Admitting we don’t quite have enough good players isn’t really making an excuse is it? If it is, basically every second person to ever be graceful in defeat hasn’t really been graceful at all; they’ve just been making an excuse

Opinions change over time, BF is a specific demographic with a small sample size. Most BF people get pissed off with Richmond supporters which affects their voting.

Fact is 10, 20 years from now all people will see is Jack having 3 times the amount of Coleman’s, more club leading goal kickers, highest goals in a season, higher goal per game average and part of a dynasty. Discussion is over at that point.
BF hates Geelong more lol. You make this way too easy Falcon

1727265993570.png

I haven't gone into VFL nor care. Ever since the AFL era came in Richmond has overwhelmingly been an unsucessful poorly run club. You have missed finals over that period a whopping 24/34 years. That is atrocious and embarrasing.

Things are back to the norm after your small patch of success

Do you know how clueless you sound. It doesnt matter how bad we were before we know we were but that's part of the journey i lived through the bad times but have now revelled in the good times.

The cats won sfa for 44 years till 2007 when it all clicked. I am not going to say the cats are a poorly run club because it would make me come across as dumb as you.

For the umpteenth time. Richmond are No 1 for revenue in the AFL and second richest club with with 44 mill in the bank.
That's not the definition of a poorly run club, quite the opposite actually.

Benny gale had a vision and for the past 15 years he delivered on it. Poured a lot of money into recruiting and that has paid dividends in our success playing in 8 of the past 12 finals series and winning 3 flags.

Now he is moving on but our new CEO Shane Dunne has grown the clubs Aligned Leisure business from 100 employees to 1800 and fast approaching 100 mill turnover. That's Richmond's fully-owned subsidiary business Aligned Leisure but how can that be we aren't a well run club by your definition.

You post like we are still stuck in the late 90's to early 2000's we don't deny we were bad but anyone with half a brain knows that Richmond now are a well run club.

Do you know how clueless you sound. It doesnt matter how bad we were before we know we were but that's part of the journey i lived through the bad times but have now revelled in the good times.

The cats won sfa for 44 years till 2007 when it all clicked. I am not going to say the cats are a poorly run club because it would make me come across as dumb as you.

For the umpteenth time. Richmond are No 1 for revenue in the AFL and second richest club with with 44 mill in the bank.
That's not the definition of a poorly run club, quite the opposite actually.

Benny gale had a vision and for the past 15 years he delivered on it. Poured a lot of money into recruiting and that has paid dividends in our success playing in 8 of the past 12 finals series and winning 3 flags.

Now he is moving on but our new CEO Shane Dunne has grown the clubs Aligned Leisure business from 100 employees to 1800 and fast approaching 100 mill turnover. That's Richmond's fully-owned subsidiary business Aligned Leisure but how can that be we aren't a well run club by your definition.

You post like we are still stuck in the late 90's to early 2000's we don't deny we were bad but anyone with half a brain knows that Richmond now are a well run club.

I didn't even get halfway through this to be truthful as it's waffling emotions and also a boring unprecise read. You need to learn to be more concise with your words.

Geelong has missed finals twice in 17 years, and if you want to go back to 1990... Let ne check...

We have missed the finals only 9 times in 34 years.

So no.. Its not 44 years of nothing.

Since the AFL era of a full-time professional and national competition geelong has been an immensely well run successful on and off field club. Richmond on the other hand hasnt.

Those financial figures will be propped up by the recent patch of success. Give it a couple of years and that will drop significantly due to lower membership numbers, less merchandise sold, less home game attendance etc.

Look at the date 🤣
yup I know right, right after Richmond had won a flag and Geelong was 10 years since winning one! Really shows how much more people hate Geelong as opposed to Richmond hey Falcon - still making it too easy mate, think a little more before your next reply :)

yup I know right, right after Richmond had won a flag and Geelong was 10 years since winning one! Really shows how much more people hate Geelong as opposed to Richmond hey Falcon - still making it too easy mate, think a little more before your next reply :)

was this Falcon guy on the scene back then? He seems to have been the guy who turned you guys into a frenzy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was this Falcon guy on the scene back then? He seems to have been the guy who turned you guys into a frenzy.
I think you forgot the part about thinking a little deeper before replying reigning spooner

I didn't even get halfway through this to be truthful as it's waffling emotions and also a boring unprecise read. You need to learn to be more concise with your words.

Geelong has missed finals twice in 17 years, and if you want to go back to 1990... Let ne check...

Since the AFL era of a full-time professional and national competition geelong has been an immensely well run successful on and off field club. Richmond on the other hand hasnt.

Those financial figures will be propped up by the recent patch of success. Give it a couple of years and that will drop significantly due to lower membership numbers, less merchandise sold, less home game attendance etc.

Oh dear you bubbling fool. Please enough of your nonsense. You are going around in circles hardly make any sense and are 100% wrong on all your assertions. If you cant comprehend what i said then move on.

Oh dear you bubbling fool. Please enough of your nonsense. You are going around in circles hardly make any sense and are 100% wrong on all your assertions. If you cant comprehend what i said then move on.
Take thattttt first of many big oll wooden spoons to come and enjoy the ride being kicked in the mud by all for many years to come!
bitch slap GIF

Making finals for the Cats doesn’t mean as much as for other teams as it’s much easier. You play 9 games at a uniquely shaped ground you train at and nobody ever plays at. On top of that you then get 7-8 games at the neutral Marvel and MCG. You also have a much lower cost of living so players take unders to play there.

If the Pies played 9 games at Vic Park and 8 at the McG and Marvel, they’d make finals most years as well. Same as if Bombers played 9 at Windy Hill and 8 at MCG/Marvel.

So it’s a good effort, but Cats have a H&A advantage starting them with an extra couple of wins each year. Probably why they have been found out in finals so often and Chris Scott the genius coach has a losing record in finals and is 3-6 in PF’s, as their H&A finish isn’t a true reflection of how good they really are.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Take thattttt first of many big oll wooden spoons to come and enjoy the ride being kicked in the mud by all for many years to come!
bitch slap GIF

Did you not understand one word that I said why am i not surprised.
I do however like this gif, somewhat reminds me of my tigers constantly bullying your cats in finals.
I deal in facts, your posts are either hypotheticals or living way in the past.

Making finals for the Cats doesn’t mean as much as for other teams as it’s much easier. You play 9 games at a uniquely shaped ground you train at and nobody ever plays at. On top of that you then get 7-8 games at the neutral Marvel and MCG. You also have a much lower cost of living so players take unders to play there.

If the Pies played 9 games at Vic Park and 8 at the McG and Marvel, they’d make finals most years as well. Same as if Bombers played 9 at Windy Hill and 8 at MCG/Marvel.

So it’s a good effort, but Cats have a H&A advantage starting them with an extra couple of wins each year. Probably why they have been found out in finals so often and Chris Scott the genius coach has a losing record in finals and is 3-6 in PF’s, as their H&A finish isn’t a true reflection of how good they really are.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The much lower cost of living at…… a place that’s more expensive to live at.

No, well done. You’ve clearly done your research.

Our record at YOUR home ground over the last 11 years, which includes your only 4 years of relevance since James Anderson was born, is exactly the same as yours. And it’s YOUR home ground. We only play teams BASED there, except for a couple of finals.

No, you’re really, doing, a, um, a lot to break the, ah, view that Tigers fans, um, put a lot of thought and, ah, research into their positing

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back