Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.8%
  • Dusty

Votes: 143 61.6%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 78 33.6%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.8%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 29.3%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 28.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Making finals for the Cats doesn’t mean as much as for other teams as it’s much easier. You play 9 games at a uniquely shaped ground you train at and nobody ever plays at. On top of that you then get 7-8 games at the neutral Marvel and MCG. You also have a much lower cost of living so players take unders to play there.

If the Pies played 9 games at Vic Park and 8 at the McG and Marvel, they’d make finals most years as well. Same as if Bombers played 9 at Windy Hill and 8 at MCG/Marvel.

So it’s a good effort, but Cats have a H&A advantage starting them with an extra couple of wins each year. Probably why they have been found out in finals so often and Chris Scott the genius coach has a losing record in finals and is 3-6 in PF’s, as their H&A finish isn’t a true reflection of how good they really are.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Correct, their finals record is exactly what you’d expect from a team that gets ladder positions higher than they should be.

Of course they are oblivious to that fact, or maybe just don’t care.

The much lower cost of living at…… a place that’s more expensive to live at.

No, well done. You’ve clearly done your research.

Our record at YOUR home ground over the last 11 years, which includes your only 4 years of relevance since James Anderson was born, is exactly the same as yours. And it’s YOUR home ground. We only play teams BASED there, except for a couple of finals.

No, you’re really, doing, a, um, a lot to break the, ah, view that Tigers fans, um, put a lot of thought and, ah, research into their positing

Provide your evidence of it being a more expensive place to live. Rural is always cheaper than city/inner city.

But even putting that aside. You have a monopoly on the lifestyle which is another massive advantage. Like I keep saying I don’t have the moral ability to go for Geelong. It’s just so wrong on so many levels.

Correct, their finals record is exactly what you’d expect from a team that gets ladder positions higher than they should be.

Of course they are oblivious to that fact, or maybe just don’t care.
Didn’t Richmond get 11 straight games at the G leading into finals a few years back? Nah you’re right, forget it, I just don’t care. 🤣

Didn’t Richmond get 11 straight games at the G leading into finals a few years back? Nah you’re right, forget it, I just don’t care. 🤣

They aren’t our home ground advantage games if we are against other MCG tenants. Educated yourself. Geelong don’t have that problem because they don’t share GMHBA with anybody else and have an essentially rectangular ground. Dan Hannebery himself said he’d never ever want to play or watch a game there. It’s that awful.

Last edited:
Provide your evidence of it being a more expensive place to live. Rural is always cheaper than city/inner city.

But even putting that aside. You have a monopoly on the lifestyle which is another massive advantage. Like I keep saying I don’t have the moral ability to go for Geelong. It’s just so wrong on so many levels.

Well, the median house price is more expensive in Geelong, for starters. So to buy property it’s more expensive. See, there’s this thing called the beach, that tends to impact on house prices. You can Google ‘median Geelong house price’ and do the same for Melbourne if you want.

Infrastructure and public transport is traditionally less accessible in regional and provincial areas and fuel is more expensive, as are essential items. Getting those items to country areas costs more, and as such the price of them is raised.

Or you could just educate yourself, in addition to stop being an excuse making pathetic piece of trash. Either way is fine.

The lifestyle doesn’t kick goals, and the 6 million people living in Melbourne is PROBABLY, just probably, proof that the lifestyle thing is not that big a factor.

Do you make this many excuses about everything else that you fail at?

They aren’t our home ground advantage games if we are against other MCG tenants. Educated yourself. Geelong don’t have that problem because they don’t share GMHBA with anybody else and have an essentially rectangular ground. Dan Hannebery himself said he’d never ever want to play or watch a game there. It’s that aweful.
11 straight games on your home deck leading into the finals isn’t an advantage?

Against other MCG tenants no it isn’t.

But we got the 2020 flag all in Queensland so it doesn’t matter anyway. That’s what Dynasty teams do, anywhere anytime. You wouldn’t get it.
So the other tenants are Collingwood, Hawthorn & Melbourne right, and of them in that run of MCG games in 2019 you only played Melbourne who finished 12th and Collingwood who finished 4th. And you’re truly trying to convince me that you were at a disadvantage even when considering the other 6 finals clubs were not MCG tenants? :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back