Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.5%
  • Dusty

Votes: 145 62.0%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.6%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 29.1%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 27.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Yet out right degraded by Richmond in finals, no doubt geelong call Richmond Daddy
I'd be happy to lose every final we play vs Richmond if we continue to win more flags than Richmond

I celebrate flags, you celebrate singular wins. I guess when your club only makes finals 6 out of 38 years those finals wins are worth celebrating?

What’s that period of time between two premiership’s where you go down the ladder? I think it’s a rebuild. Very different rebuilds Geelong and Richmond, you guys straight to spoons basically, we made prelims and grand final in our rebuild and you were nowhere to be seen in our premiership years.
Also very different prospect changing coaches too, you go straight to a spoon and we got a premiership when our coach left.

History shows if we were anywhere to be seen in your Premiership years, they wouldn't have been your Premiership years. They'd have been our Premiership years. ;)

Last edited:

I'd be happy to lose every final we play vs Richmond if we continue to win more flags than Richmond

I celebrate flags, you celebrate singular wins. I guess when your club only makes finals 6 out of 38 years those finals wins are worth celebrating?

Come on man if you're going to go back 4 decades to paint a narrative might as well include the previous 15 years when Richmond won another 5 flags so that's 8 flags in 57 years. The cats have 4 in the last 60.

That's an odd take considering Richmond have won more flags than Geelong 13 to 10. We play to win finals and grand finals and we are pretty good at it as Geelong very well knows losing to Richmond in 10 of 12 finals, including 2 grand finals.
Trust me i celebrated our dynasty 3 flags in 4 years like no tomorrow. Best feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on man if you're going to go back 4 decades to paint a narrative might as well include the previous 15 years when Richmond won another 5 flags so that's 8 flags in 57 years. The cats have 4 in the last 60.

That's an odd take considering Richmond have won more flags than Geelong 13 to 10. We play to win finals and grand finals and we are pretty good at it as Geelong very well knows losing to Richmond in 10 of 12 finals, including 2 grand finals.
Trust me i celebrated our dynasty 3 flags in 4 years like no tomorrow. Best feeling.
Geelong has more AFL flags than Richmond. 4 > 2*

*2020 was a lightning cup carnival and not a real flag

Geelong has more AFL flags than Richmond. 4 > 2*

*2020 was a lightning cup carnival and not a real flag

If we are going to start placing asterisks, well, that's our kind of action....

* ** + * + * 07-09-11 Weapon and Dank cheat flags + father son gift flags + Grand Final victories against the 3 biggest finals chokers in history.

** + ** 22 cheat conflict of interest stand rule fake flag + GF victory v the 4th biggest finals chokers in history.

Beat a side in a Grand Final that actually knows how to get it done, then you can apply to sit somewhere near the top table while we hold court there as the only undefeated Grand Finalist in the AFL era.

Woops, where did all the Cats so called flags just vanish everyone? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back