Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 145 61.7%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 79 33.6%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.6%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 28.9%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 27.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Triggered yeah nah, we don't mind banter but making idiotic posts like yours makes you come across clueless & salty.
How awesome for the mighty tiges completing the dynasty and going back2back. I enjoy watching each finals series cause theirs a systematic pattern gong on and thats beating up on our lil bitches the GeeCHOKE Cats 😂

View attachment 2125369
ah nice, a custom made poster celebrating wins over 13 win teams and lightning carnival cups, that sits right up there with this one

1727566326033.jpeg

How many 20 win teams did the Tigers beat in GFs? How many MCG tenants did they beat?

Had to laugh at our old mate Blaisee in the swans GF thread telling all and sundry that the Swans and Cats keep finishing top four due to their home ground advantage.

Now admittedly most - note I said most - of the Tiger posters here are a rung or three up the IQ scale from him but he seems to forget that during their absolute peak, the Tigers went 15-13 - in other words one win above a 50 per cent record - away from the MCG. And of those 15 wins, three of them came against the Suns (17th both times) and the Lions (18th).

Granted what they did afterwards more than justified their finish. No arguments there. It highlights their fixation on other sides and these perceived advantages that everyone else seems to get though

None the comp isnt that weak as it was back then.

Bombers 09 made finals going 10-11 ffs and Cooney was the reigning Brownlow medalist. How shit is that, like for real. I’d be embarrassed winning that flag.

No you wouldn’t. You brag about winning a flag in a season where your own team was defeated by 6 goals plus on 7 separate occasions.

ah nice, a custom made poster celebrating wins over 13 win teams and lightning carnival cups, that sits right up there with this one

View attachment 2125409

Bro you dont even know how to banter this is saints in 2004 you sound desperate and furthermore it was a 17 round season for everyone and had the GeeCHOKE cats won you would be yelling from the tree tops that you have 5 flags in the AFL era lol lol lol

Anyway leaving it there you gave it your best uneducated shot but came out a loser 😂

Watching yesterday, the cats absolutely bottled another chance to win the flag.

Got within a goal to make the GF, then would have steam rolled that Sydney side who can’t play the MCG to save themselves and have a history of choking on the biggest stage.

Brisbane showed the value of a high quality midfield, with hard, speedy runners off the wings, and half forward and back lines.

Watching yesterday, the cats absolutely bottled another chance to win the flag.

Got within a goal to make the GF, then would have steam rolled that Sydney side who can’t play the MCG to save themselves and have a history of choking on the biggest stage.

Brisbane showed the value of a high quality midfield, with hard, speedy runners off the wings, and half forward and back lines.

Maybe we did. GWS did too. Hell, every team in the finals bar Carlton that didn’t end up opposite Sydney probably did.

On the flip side how do we know we wouldn’t have turned up against Sydney and done what we did against them in round 9 or whatever it was: started like a house on fire and then got run down. Holmes probably wouldn’t have played. We would have had to use a back up ruckman more than likely.

Ifs and buts.

Bro you dont even know how to banter this is saints in 2004 you sound desperate and furthermore it was a 17 round season for everyone and had the GeeCHOKE cats won you would be yelling from the tree tops that you have 5 flags in the AFL era lol lol lol

Anyway leaving it there you gave it your best uneducated shot but came out a loser 😂
lots of classic melt buzzwords here trying desperately to justify a lightning carnival as a flag

Move on with this joke it was good the first time but not even Geelong people are laughing at it anymore.
"S-stop reminding me of our wooden spoon!!"

Every day until you like it.

il_794xN.3810297495_ifzx.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont mind a spoon after another dynasty. What an amazing ride it was. That you all havn't recovered is the gift that keeps giving. What goes up must come down.

Or maybe it dosnt!

Must be pretty dank in those thoughts!

Maybe we did. GWS did too. Hell, every team in the finals bar Carlton that didn’t end up opposite Sydney probably did.

On the flip side how do we know we wouldn’t have turned up against Sydney and done what we did against them in round 9 or whatever it was: started like a house on fire and then got run down. Holmes probably wouldn’t have played. We would have had to use a back up ruckman more than likely.

Ifs and buts.
You guys were Monty’s with an extra weeks break playing on your home deck. Unfortunately your capitulation was similar to GWS the week before and Sydney the week after. All had claims in a week year, but this is one that after the Port final, you’d think the cats would have nabbed.

You guys were Monty’s with an extra weeks break playing on your home deck. Unfortunately your capitulation was similar to GWS the week before and Sydney the week after. All had claims in a week year, but this is one that after the Port final, you’d think the cats would have nabbed.

I actually like your posting as you know but I’ll defer to Fagan on this one.

I agree to some extent with what he said after last week. Having a quiet match against west coast, a week off, a quiet second half against port, and another week off, doesn’t set you up better than having a couple of decent hit outs late in the season, a week off and then the second half against Carlton where they at least put up a fight and then a roller coaster nail biter against GWS.

I don’t have a problem with the weeks off or whatever but I don’t think it gives a team an advantage considering ALL finalists have only just had one.

Like seriously how many teams benefit from a bye in round two of the normal season?

It has nothing to do with us losing but we didn’t get any benefit from it either. In a mini ‘four week comp’ which is effectively what the finals is, no team really ‘needs’ a rest or needs to be fresh unless they are resting players with time dependent injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back