Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.1%
  • Dusty

Votes: 146 61.9%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 79 33.5%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.5%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 28.8%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
That was 4 effing years ago. Your average ladder position over the past 4 years has been 13th. I cant even imagine what that is like.

Lol lol lol 4 years what happened with the 3 years just before that did you say 3 :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

So just for clarity in the last 12 years we have played in 8 finals series and won 3 flags. We excelled and achieved a dynasty. We now need to rebuild. Swans in the last decade have lost 4 GF's and maybe missed finals once or maybe twice but no cigar. Most cant imagine what it feels like to achieve a dynasty the ultimate what a feeling.

2013 5th - FINALS
2014 8th - FINALS
2015 5th - FINALS
2016 13th
2017 3rd - PREMIERS
2018 1st - FINALS
2019 3rd - PREMIERS
2020 3rd - PREMIERS
2021 12th
2022 7th - FINALS
2023 13th
2024 18th

Lol you lost 4 in a row thats the tale of the story! A bit of pies and swans the cats have in them all share the choking attribute.

Again, were we favourites in them or not? Learn what a choke is rather than just what an inferior side is.

We’ve played 10 grand finals in my life time.

We’ve been the higher ranked team in 4 of them, winning 2 of those.

One of the lower ranked teams we lost to finished half a game behind us.

Of the 6 where we were the lower ranked team, we have also won 2.

Of the four sides we lost to, two finished at least 3 wins ahead of us, another finished 2 wins ahead of us.

And those teams we beat went 38-2 against sides not called Geelong.

We choked a GF against Hawthorn (who also quite simply outplayed us but as far as expectations go there was no logistical reason we shouldn’t have won in theory).

Again, were we favourites in them or not? Learn what a choke is rather than just what an inferior side is.

We’ve played 10 grand finals in my life time.

We’ve been the higher ranked team in 4 of them, winning 2 of those.

One of the lower ranked teams we lost to finished half a game behind us.

Of the 6 where we were the lower ranked team, we have also won 2.

Of the four sides we lost to, two finished at least 3 wins ahead of us, another finished 2 wins ahead of us.

And those teams we beat went 38-2 against sides not called Geelong.

We choked a GF against Hawthorn (who also quite simply outplayed us but as far as expectations go there was no logistical reason we shouldn’t have won in theory).

Geez i don't think you quite get it it or your view is simply different than mine which is fine. It doesnt matter whether you were fav or not. Losing GF and GF and even prelims there's a systematic pattern going on there going to water on the big stage that's a form of choking.

Also, being in front by 4, 5 or 6 goals and then going to water in the 3rd or 4th is also classified as a choke. Like the pies no one actually knows or cares whether they were favourites in the 15 GF;s that they have lost in the last 60 years its the fact they keep choking hence the colliwobbles tag. GeeCHOKE have this attribute in them as do the swans.

Last edited:
Geez i don't think you quite get it it or your view is simply different than mine which is fine. It doesnt matter whether you were fav or not. Losing GF and GF and even prelims there's a systematic pattern going on there going to water on the big stage that's a form of choking.

Also, being in front by 4, 5 or 6 goals and then going to water in the 3rd or 4th is also classified as a choke. Like the pies no one actually knows or cares whether they were favourites in the 15 GF;s that they have lost in he last 60 years its the fact they keep choking hence the colliwobbles tag. GeeCHOKE have this attribute in them as do the swans.

Yes our 10-9 grand final record really confirms this

Did you ever get told growing up you're not that bright 😂
Standards you say yes we achieved a dynasty, 3 flags that's the highest standards that clubs strive for.

Of course we are accustomed to beating out bitches the GeeCHOKE cats in any era. 12 finals played and we have won 10.
And lets not forget the 2 GF's victories.

6 out of 9 prelim chokes Ouch. At least when we get there we win the damn thing.
GeeCHOKE Cats 1989, 1992, 1994,1995, 2008 and 2020 doing what they do best and thats choking

Don't worry you have a new contender trying to take your mantle the not so successful swans who seem to always be up there in home and away games but go to water in GF's. 2014, 2016, 2022, 2024

Do you know what happened last time we racked up high end draft picks we created a dynasty.
I am really getting under your skin with my posts. Chill out with your incoherent weird rants.

Never seen a clubs supporter base so happy about finishing dead last and picking up draft picks. They simply dont care.

Dumbest post ive read in a while. This is factually incorrect. Do you want us to jump up and down and cry. Trust me i was pivved with our year going each week and losing but once the year was done thats it we move on, I guess just like your mob choking in prelims and GF's you get upset maybe cry then move on.

We’ll see who’s laughing in the end. Geelong is doomed. This year was it and you choked it.
Given Richmond is a failed AFL club outside a small 4 year period, I think you have many many years of misery if history is anything to go by.

You clearly struggle to turn anything into success overall given you spent 26/34 years in the AFL system failing. That is a club which struggles to succeed or turn draft picks into good players.

Given Richmond is a failed AFL club outside a small 4 year period, I think you have many many years of misery if history is anything to go by.

You clearly struggle to turn anything into success overall given you spent 26/34 years in the AFL system failing. That is a club which struggles to succeed or turn draft picks into good players.

Take your 4 flags out and I don’t think anybody would know GFC exists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott seems happy to use his Kardinia Park advantage (for soft wins) and to make finals but he knows the current list isn't going to win another flag .
He will keep getting paid big money but it only looks good on paper.
He has no desire to build a premiership winning list.

Chris Scott seems happy to use his Kardinia Park advantage (for soft wins) and to make finals but he knows the current list isn't going to win another flag .
He will keep getting paid big money but it only looks good on paper.
He has no desire to build a premiership winning list.

Chris Scott is also happy to have a record at your home ground over the past 13 years that matches your own record there during the same period.

That’s good for a bit of a giggle anyway.

At what point will you deadshits avail yourselves of some of the most freely accessible data on the internet?

Take your 4 flags out and I don’t think anybody would know GFC existed.

Aint that the truth in the eyes of the GeeCHOKE cats their whole history is based on 2007-2024 as before that they were allice in wonderland no flags in 40+ years. At least for Richmond we won flags on either side of our bad 3 decade stretch 8 flags to be precise.

Chris Scott is also happy to have a record at your home ground over the past 13 years that matches your own record there during the same period.

That’s good for a bit of a giggle anyway.

At what point will you deadshits avail yourselves of some of the most freely accessible data on the internet?
The MCG is really a home ground for all Victorian clubs. There's no great advantage there. No one is allowed to train there and Geelong play there probably 6 or more times a year.

Aint that the truth in the eyes of the GeeCHOKE cats their whole history is based on 2007-2024 as before that they were allice in wonderland no flags in 40+ years. At least for Richmond we had a bad 3 decade stretch but before that bad stretch we also won 5 flags in 13 years.

Actually even those medals you and your little cousin there like to whack over are named after a Geelong official so whether we are winning anything or not even when you’re celebrating Dustin Martin winning a Brownlow or Cotchin or Ian Stewart or someone it’s a Geelong name you’re breathing. We’re inextricably linked to the games history whether we are succeeding or not

Actually even those medals you and your little cousin there like to whack over are named after a Geelong official so whether we are winning anything or not even when you’re celebrating Dustin Martin winning a Brownlow or Cotchin or Ian Stewart or someone it’s a Geelong name you’re breathing. We’re inextricably linked to the games history whether we are succeeding or not
Yes but no one knows this Brownlow guy or cares about him. It's just a name from the olden days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back