Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.1%
  • Dusty

Votes: 146 61.9%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 79 33.5%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.5%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 28.8%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Actually even those medals you and your little cousin there like to whack over are named after a Geelong official so whether we are winning anything or not even when you’re celebrating Dustin Martin winning a Brownlow or Cotchin or Ian Stewart or someone it’s a Geelong name you’re breathing. We’re inextricably linked to the games history whether we are succeeding or not

Brownlow has now become a farce, its actually a joke and this years confirmed that. They should rename it as a midfielders award.

The AFL should completely overhaul the format of this award. One award for mids. Another for forwards and one for backs. This would add some credulity cause atm its laughable its a mids award.

The MCG is really a home ground for all Victorian clubs. There's no great advantage there. No one is allowed to train there and Geelong play there probably 6 or more times a year.

No but you just…… you just said that we make the finals because we get our wins at Kardinia Park. That’s what you, Aristotle Picket, head of a committee that also includes fellow MENSA members Blaisee and Smasha, said about Geelong.

You said we keep getting wins because of the ground we play at 8-9 times a year.

You didn’t mention that we win 60 per cent of our games at the MCG. You didn’t mention that we have a winning record interstate as well, AND a winning record at Docklands as well.

I don’t know why you didn’t mention any of this Aristotle.

Because it seems like you were claiming that we make finals because we have a home ground. Which seems an odd claim to make about a team who has a winning record AWAY from their home ground, both interstate, and the other two Victorian grounds.

Am I missing something here Aristotle?

Even during Richmond’s famous dynasty they barely broke 50 per cent interstate for non-neutral games when we remove the Covid year. They won 1 more game than they lost - and 3 of the games they won interstate were against the Suns and Lions who were 17th, 17th and 18th in those games.

It seems to me, Aristotle, that it is in fact Richmond, who seem at their peak to rely quite a bit on their home base.

But I’m sure you already knew that

No but you just…… you just said that we make the finals because we get our wins at Kardinia Park. That’s what you, Aristotle Picket, head of a committee that also includes fellow MENSA members Blaisee and Smasha, said about Geelong.

You said we keep getting wins because of the ground we play at 8-9 times a year.

You didn’t mention that we win 60 per cent of our games at the MCG. You didn’t mention that we have a winning record interstate as well, AND a winning record at Docklands as well.

I don’t know why you didn’t mention any of this Aristotle.

Because it seems like you were claiming that we make finals because we have a home ground. Which seems an odd claim to make about a team who has a winning record AWAY from their home ground, both interstate, and the other two Victorian grounds.

Am I missing something here Aristotle?

Even during Richmond’s famous dynasty they barely broke 50 per cent interstate for non-neutral games when we remove the Covid year. They won 1 more game than they lost - and 3 of the games they won interstate were against the Suns and Lions who were 17th, 17th and 18th in those games.

It seems to me, Aristotle, that it is in fact Richmond, who seem at their peak to rely quite a bit on their home base.

But I’m sure you already knew that
What your missing is the softness of your Kardinia Park wins , a ground you train on and have 90% of the supporters.
These soft wins help you prepare better for the bigger games.
The other Vic clubs don't have that advantage.

Being dogshit for 37 and not at all competitive in any capacity is also damning.

Why do you stop at 37 the 15 years before the 37 we won 5 flags and the 7 years after the 37 we won another 3 flags.
So that's 8 of these babies :trophy: Cant be to upset with that because its the 2nd most flags won in that time with only the hawks winning more.

Why do you stop at 37 the 15 years before the 37 we won 5 flags and the 7 years after the 37 we won another 3 = 8 of these babies :trophy: Cant be to upset with that because its the 2nd most flags won in that time with only the hawks winning more.

It’s because they can’t face the fact that Geelong haven’t even been a relevant club for 20 years yet.

And of that nearly 20 years we decked them. And they wonder why we don’t respect them, their whole existence has been made a joke by us and Hawks.

What your missing is the softness of your Kardinia Park wins , a ground you train on and have 90% of the supporters.
These soft wins help you prepare better for the bigger games.
The other Vic clubs don't have that advantage.

Yes of course it does.

Having all our own supporters there I can imagine would be the ideal preparation for games at other grounds where the support is the other way around, that makes a lot of sense, and this would manifest itself in great results interstate. You’ve covered yourself, almost golden shower style, in glory here.

This is definitely the logical conclusion to draw here.

‘Playing at home is unfair because it prepares you play away. The boutique ground that everyone complains about because it’s so different to the MCG and Docklands prepares you perfectly to play at the MCG.’

Having just completed a 2500 word report on neoliberalism and its effects on modern education in Australia I would badly love to continue this fascinating angular debate you have thrust upon me, dear Aristotle, such as it is, but I’m afraid some of us need to sleep.

I will certainly take this newest attempt to excuse away another team’s success and consistency under advisement. See if you can locate your spine between now and when we speak again, old boy. Night night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back