Game Day Geelong vs Collingwood Practice Match @11AM

Remove this Banner Ad

27 - 32

Much better 2nd quarter. I think Dangerfield was rested much of the time. Ball in our half most of the quarter

- Better around the centre square clearances from Grundy, Sier and Elliott.
- Noble possibly our best player thus far. Very busy all around the ground
- Cats are bigger bodied and manage to break our tackles, which gives them confidence with ball use. But our pressure/intensity has lifted
- Wilbur bobbed up for a couple. Elliot another
- Henry showing a little bit which is pleasing
- Brown Brothers kicking poor

Result literally is irrelevant.

What's important is getting through with a clean-bill of health, and seeing a semblance of structure/plan that might reap a level of success.
Agree and disagree lol. I don’t think the result is irrelevant. Winning builds confidence, regardless of what the game is worth. In saying that, a close loss may also build confidence.

I don’t think North are walking away from their blowout yesterday thinking that the result is irrelevant. It is only a practice game, but the players spend all off-season building a style they hope will hold up against opposition, losses plant seeds of doubt. Like I said though, close losses can still be positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get used to it people.

Bottom for marks inside 50 last year. Have rectified this by moving de Goey to midfield and trading Stephenson out 😜

23 players on the list with 23 games or less AFL experience.

This year is going to be about development only.

It’s great news that our VFL side will be full of development players rather than dead wood.

The seniors will be pretty much the same as recent seasons and should be thereabouts again. Sidebottom and Howe return, whilst we should expect better form and injury luck from DeGoey Grundy and Cox. Add further improvement from Daicos and Quaynor in particular, add Sier back in, and one or two first year players could make an immediate impact (Henry at this stage a candidate).

We will barely notice the loss of Treloar Stephenson and Phillips.

Forward line will remain an issue in 2021 but if we get improved midfield output that will negate the weakness to some extent.

27 - 32

Much better 2nd quarter. I think Dangerfield was rested much of the time. Ball in our half most of the quarter

- Better around the centre square clearances from Grundy, Sier and Elliott.
- Noble possibly our best player thus far. Very busy all around the ground
- Cats are bigger bodied and manage to break our tackles, which gives them confidence with ball use. But our pressure/intensity has lifted
- Wilbur bobbed up for a couple. Elliot another
- Henry showing a little bit which is pleasing
- Brown Brothers kicking poor
Rate the Noble call. I had a conversation with a mate the other day re: Noble, I’d argue that we came out on top when it comes to the mid-season draftees. Not saying he’s a better player, but I think he’s been better for Collingwood than Pickett has for Richmond. Pickett has more talent, he’s also been fortunate enough to be a premiership player, but in terms of what the player does for the team, I think Noble takes that.

I'd like to see both of the Brown's improve their kicking. They have no issue getting the ball but seem to lack composure when putting it on the boot and it hurts as a lot of their kicks are either sending it inside 50 or important forward thrusts.

Noble has been very good, impressed with Sier and Henry has done some good things. Not concerned about any of the senior players as this will just be getting the cob webs out in prep for Round 1.

I have to keep reminding myself that it’s 6 quarters

Makes sure plenty of players get good playing time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back