Geelong vs hawks rnd one build up thread

Remove this Banner Ad

yardenlavy

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2008
sunshine coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
hey guys i just thought we could post all our thoughts leading up tot the round 1 clash possibly the biggest game of the year i know its a long time away but yeah

getting a bit worried about it considering hodge and croad might be out i damn hope not cause hodge dominated the GF and would be a massive blow also Ellis

also with crawf retired cant say he had a huge impact on the game but he was still helping out

should be an interesting match hopefully buddy and Sammy can turn around there GF performance not saying they were crap but buddy and Sammy didn't tear apart there ares like i thought they would

would be cool to see Mooney kick straight to then it would be a battle of the midfield's omg drooling at the sight of it

Geelong will win this by about 4-5 goals i reckon. We'll have a slow start to the year and really get going from round 4 onwards. I just think our preperation will be a little interupted with the Premiership stuff to be honest. Croad out is massive too. I like our run from about round 4-11 too, should win all of them.

Hawthorn can play with a full squad. They are big blamers of players out and came up with a bunch when Geelong beat them during last season. Geelong will not lose this game. NO CHANCE!

Hawthorn can play with a full squad. They are big blamers of players out and came up with a bunch when Geelong beat them during last season. Geelong will not lose this game. NO CHANCE!
Didn't happen to see the Grand Final did you? We had 2 fit players on the bench and still won.

Meanwhile everyone had said the only reason the rnd 17 game was close was because Geelong were missing players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree - maybe not so strongly as you, but in principle. Would have much preferred to see this game near Round 5 when both are going with a full head of steam.

After round 10, shit gets serious. Before that, well you can't really make a call on a teams chances. (Top teams, not 1-9 teams etc.)

I am not a fan of the round 1 GF rematches.

you cannot predict geelong and hawthorn at the moment the best defence agaisnt the best forward line the two best midefields and the not greatest forward line and defense
it should be decided by geelongs defence and hawthorns forward line unlike the granny where it was up geelongs half where the match was decided

so what will have the most hype?

geelong v hawthorn gf rematch? or judd v cousins
(carlton v richmond, assuming cousins goes in the psd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong vs hawks rnd one build up thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back