nolsey77

All Australian
Aug 21, 2001
house
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
GEELONG - Fighting On
what do u think of the cats, were not hated by anybody, do u think that we are a decent club.

Id like to dedicate this question to Rohan_

Geelong

Exactly right.

We're not hated by anyone, simply because we don't firghten anyone.

We hate a fair few sides, none less than West Coast for obvious reasons.

No-one hates us because they know they will knock us off when it come s down to the crunch. That's the perception and until we win a flag, that will never change.

Who's affraid of a handbag?

Like my own Sydney Swans, Geelong are a team of chronic and systemic UNDER achievement.

They are a decent, well-run footy club with a captive audience for a fan base, and more than their fair share of good players.

Good coach, competent administration, strong home ground advantage, lovely jumpers, glorious history.

Just like the Swans

Yet both teams couldn't win a crunch game to save their lives, and as for September action, I think we are both happy enough to be there without actually going hard for the GF or the flag.

Other teams don't fear us, because they know we will roll over and spread 'em at the slightest hint of pressure.

Geelong must stop accepting mediocrity. Its not enough just to get into the eight and think you've had a great season, thats just not good enough and its not an acceptable attitude at clubs like Carlton or Essendon so why should clubs like Geelong (and Sydney) think its ok for them ?

Sorry for butting in here but the similarities between Geelong and Sydney are close and numerous. So I think if I have a comment about my club, it could equally apply to Geelong as well.

cheers

Apart from Collingwood of course, I hate ALL sides with a passion. I hate some sides more than others, but make no mistake, all sides apart from Collingwood are my enemies, Geelong included.

------------------------------
Play on says the umpire
------------------------------

I thought Geelong were 'easy', and honestly still do, even though you beat us by three points this year.

You just don't EXPECT or DEMAND success like the Essendon's and Carlton's of this world.

The major problem is that Geelong accept mediocrity far too easily. You don't have rebuilding stages, you just seem to float between 6th and 12th for years on end.

Davis, Lord, Turner, Ablett, Bairstow...the club focuses on the past far too much, then the present.

Look at my team, Hawthorn.

We respect the past with Arthur, Brereton, Dunstall...those blokes, yet we have the Croads, Thompsons,Hays...they hold the torch for the future, and look to be stars.

Geelong lack that.

Good club, not great club.

The Hitman

geelong will be a force again

they have a great president, a great coach and there administration seems to be in order

probably the three most ingredients to setting up a successful football club

there list is getting better
there defence is solid considering its lack of experience and will improve

the midfield isnt top 4 material but its competitive
and the forward line is probably one target short, but when on fire is very hard to stop

geelong has a lot of kids, and bomber will procede with this process, with experienced players of the likes of graham, riccardi, murphy etc the mix is just about right

geelong really arent that far away, and should be looking at breaking into the top 4 in the next two seasons

Hey, we gave you Brian Cook and Mitchell White and you still hate us? Why? You must be living in the past - that could be a problem. You thrashed us twice this year - I saw both games and we were absolutely shellacked.

Going forward, I'd be a bit concerned if I were Geelong. Should have made the Finals this year, but instead have gone backwards. Are the younger players really good enough to develop into a top team? I don't know

Last year wasn't really a true indication of our standard. we started of in a flurry, but by the end of the season we were barely winning matches.
If we had managed to win a few premierships over 1989-1997 I think people would've respected us more.

Originally posted by nolsey77
what do u think of the cats, were not hated by anybody,

Do you want to put some money on that. I hate the club and everything it stands for. I despise you and your ground which is a cesspot of crocheting geriatrics in home made beanies sipping tea and timtams, suede coated Akubra wearing western district strawchewing simpletons and sooking supporters still crying over Colbert.

Stay in your sea of mediocre acceptance.:D :D

Re: Re: geelong what do u think

Originally posted by choppy

Do you want to put some money on that. I hate the club and everything it stands for. I despise you and your ground which is a cesspot of crocheting geriatrics in home made beanies sipping tea and timtams, suede coated Akubra wearing western district strawchewing simpletons and sooking supporters still crying over Colbert.

Stay in your sea of mediocre acceptance.:D :D

At least we have people turning up to our games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

re kanroo responses

good on you how forward thinking are you, The club u support all three of you brought back your president from the 70's. Hope you enjoy your Taem of the century in that Milk Bar on Arden street.

please note

Buddah's testomonial has been sold out, for 2 months, it going to be the biggest turn out to one venue for a function, so shove that up your interstate hopping broke arse.
:p

Re: Re: Re: geelong what do u think

Originally posted by Catman

At least we have people turning up to our games.

Maybe, but not as many as turn up to North games.

Official AFL stats to round 20.
Kangaroos Geelong
Home avg 28387 27195
Away avg 32984 32799
Average 30685 30277
sum 613706 605547

Kaboom........ Choppy blows you away again. :D :D :D

Re: re kanroo responses

Originally posted by nolsey77
good on you how forward thinking are you, The club u support all three of you brought back your president from the 70's. Hope you enjoy your Taem of the century in that Milk Bar on Arden street.

please note

Buddah's testomonial has been sold out, for 2 months, it going to be the biggest turn out to one venue for a function, so shove that up your interstate hopping broke arse.
:p

We'll hop into Canberra and then take home a $650,000 profit. So shove that up your arse.:D

Sad thing about Geelong is that they really aren't a threat to anyone.

If you're lucky enough to play them in a Grand Final, start planning the celebrations and put your house on it.

I really feel for their supporters and as I know, it's crappy to be pitied by the opposition. It's better to be hated and feared than pitied.

Geelong are the greatest underachievers IMO, worse than Collingwood, because the Cats have been in the Grand Final so many times without results.

Re: Re: Re: Re: geelong what do u think

Originally posted by choppy

Maybe, but not as many as turn up to North games.

Official AFL stats to round 20.
Kangaroos Geelong
Home avg 28387 27195
Away avg 32984 32799
Average 30685 30277
sum 613706 605547

Kaboom........ Choppy blows you away again. :D :D :D

Pity, all of your attendances are made up of the opposition's fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

geelong what do u think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back