Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Geelong have the most significant advantage in the the comp.

Get to play 7 or 8 games at their boutique ground against non-Vic and lower drawing local clubs. Get to play their 'bigger' home games at the MCG in front of large crowds - great training ground for finals.

They literally have the perfect mix. The kind of fixturing other clubs could only dream of.

Have been gifted money hand-over-fist, while community sports clubs struggle and die after begging for funding to improve infrastructure. I play at a club in a major regional town who still gave clubrooms with SHARED SHOWERS (which are falling apart and dangerous). Lovely getting nude with the opposition after a hard fought and tense clash.

No doubt Geelong have done plenty right, but they have been set up to a point where it is near impossible to fail.

If the Dogs just buggered off to Ballarat full time they could have the same (well, they'd play at Marvel instead of the MCG).

What a joke of a post.

Always good fun coming on Bigfooty after a Geelong win.....and seeing 'neutrals' more upset and triggered than supporters of the team we actually defeated.

Have you seen the Port board?

They've clocked up to thread 12 on Sack Hinkley.

That thread was moving at about 20 pages per quarter last night.

People in other countries aren't going to follow the AFL.. when they know it's the GFL first and foremost.

NZ aren't interested.. China aren't interested, as we have seen with past attempts to tap into those markets. Good luck with attempting to grow a Geelong centric sport internationally.. that is all I can say.
I imagine Geelong's continuing domination is the first agenda item for Xi Jinping every day when he gets to work!

Don't forget us ;)

Prelim appearances from Geelong, Sydney and Collingwood since 2005.

2005 = Sydney
2006 = Sydney
2007 = Geelong, Collingwood
2008 = Geelong
2009 = Geelong, Collingwood
2010 = Collingwood, Geelong
2011 = Geelong, Collingwood
2012 = Sydney, Collingwood
2013 = Geelong, Sydney
2014 = Sydney
= Geelong, Sydney
2017 = Geelong
2018 = Collingwood
2019 = Geelong, Collingwood
2020 = Geelong
2021 = Geelong
2022 = Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood
2023 = Collingwood
2024 = Geelong
Geez 2011 was glorious
1725588437627.png

No one was bitching about a unfair HGA too untill we started our run the last 20 years …hell even this year with the lack of home wins and it’s still being used as a reason for being in the top 4

Just posters looking at any stupid reasons as to why the cats are successful and their club isn’t
A little over 20 years ago other Victorian clubs had an actual home ground advantage too.

Why would we bring up unfair HGA when everyone genuinely had it? The unfairness didn't exist then.

Think.

Still trying to figure out how they've fleeced $60m from the state government to upgrade Alphabet stadium, but Hawthorn have needed to start a Go Fund Me to finish off their new training base, despite also asking for assistance from the same government.
Remind me how much the Hawks paid for the construction of the MCG?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong have the most significant advantage in the the comp.

Get to play 7 or 8 games at their boutique ground against non-Vic and lower drawing local clubs. Get to play their 'bigger' home games at the MCG in front of large crowds - great training ground for finals.

They literally have the perfect mix. The kind of fixturing other clubs could only dream of.

Have been gifted money hand-over-fist, while community sports clubs struggle and die after begging for funding to improve infrastructure. I play at a club in a major regional town who still gave clubrooms with SHARED SHOWERS (which are falling apart and dangerous). Lovely getting nude with the opposition after a hard fought and tense clash.

No doubt Geelong have done plenty right, but they have been set up to a point where it is near impossible to fail.
Gordon Ramsey Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

Don't remind me about 2011.

Another Geelong-Sydney Grand Final or Geelong-GWS grand final is a sure bet now with the Cats running away and winning it easily is more than likely.

Disaster for fans around the country. Will put on and enjoy 2023 on grand final day.

Their home ground is a disadvantage for everyone else.

If the Dogs just buggered off to Ballarat full time they could have the same (well, they'd play at Marvel instead of the MCG).

What a joke of a post.
Yeah no worries - 8 or 9 games at Ballarat, and 5 or 6 games at the G and I'll shut up. You reckon that's gunna happen?

Geelong have the perfect balance and noone else gets such a leg-up. Fact.

Collingwood are probably closest but even they never get a true home ground advantage.

Yeah no worries - 8 or 9 games at Ballarat, and 5 or 6 games at the G and I'll shut up. You reckon that's gunna happen?

Geelong have the perfect balance and noone else gets such a leg-up. Fact.

Collingwood are probably closest but even they never get a true home ground advantage.
You seem to be conveniently ignoring that we suck at Kardinia park this year

Don't remind me about 2011.

Another Geelong-Sydney Grand Final or Geelong-GWS grand final is a sure bet now with the Cats running away and winning it easily is more than likely.

Disaster for fans around the country. Will put on and enjoy 2023 on grand final day.

Their home ground is a disadvantage for everyone else.
It wasn't such a disadvantage for everyone else before 2007

Make no mistake.. the AFL are going to end up shooting themselves in the foot, trying to grow the game! Why would people from growth areas such as NSW, NZ and QLD want to follow the AFL when they know the sport revolves around Geelong?? The league is becoming too Geelong centric, and the issue needs to be fixed!

It's bad enough with the accusations of Victoria bias.. but the real issue is Geelong bias!

bwahahahahahhaha you plonk

So as the other poster pointed out, Tasmania will rule the league with an iron fist.

Could well do. Depends if the state already has a broader supporter base, or doesn't embrace it.

Geelong started 100 years ago where everybody started supporting them, and no one else. Tasmania might already have a broader supporter base of teams and codes.

If 95% support their Tassie side, they will be just as culturally strong as Geelong. which will also lead to a dominant club. Possibly stronger.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back