No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine if Melbourne had drafted Wines instead Toumpas. Imagine trying to stop the midfield.

Well done Wines, deserving winner
Can someone remind me why they didn't?

From memory there was some knock on Wines for being slow and an accumulator or something along those lines?

Looks pretty silly in hindsight!

Is as wide as he is tall , huge unit .
A bit of a theme with the top 5 in the Brownlow. Big, strong mids (Wines, Bont, Oliver, Petracca, etc)

Gotta be a massive priority to draft these types for the Hawks the next couple of years.

I just can't see how our current midfield mix of 184cm 83kg players can mix it with these monsters over the course of a 22 week season.

Says a lot about this diminished season that the Brownlow speech just seems to be going on forever.
Mind you that Basil Zempilas is doing hosting duties could also be a factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of a theme with the top 5 in the Brownlow. Big, strong mids (Wines, Bont, Oliver, Petracca, etc)

Gotta be a massive priority to draft these types for the Hawks the next couple of years.

I just can't see how our current midfield mix of 184cm 83kg players can mix it with these monsters over the course of a 22 week season.
Need to go one bigger and put Jeka in the midfield haha

Well get ready for more of the same.
We wont get Callaghan, so your looking at Ward at 181 or Hobbs at 183cm.

How on earth did Crazy Eyes get no votes in the Bulldogs game?!?
He isn't a personality. It shows definitively that umpires know nothing about the game.

Oliver is 187cm and 85kg, 3cm makes **** all difference.

Can someone remind me why they didn't?

From memory there was some knock on Wines for being slow and an accumulator or something along those lines?

Looks pretty silly in hindsight!
That's the thing about the draft it's not an exact science. In 2015 Demons could have taken Harry McKay but took Sam Weideman with pick 9. But they nailed pick 3 with Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back