No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add McCluggage to that list of players that were ignored by the umpires. Jarryd Lyons got a lot of votes for the Lions and McCluggage barely cracked double figures. Weird voting.

On the other hand, congratulations are due to David Mundy. Finished the count equal 11th with 20 votes after turning 36 a month ago. Just happens to be his career best return for Brownlow medal votes, pipping his previous best of 19 votes in 2015.

Votes for Hawthorn players:

PlayerTotal votesBreakdown
Tom Mitchell253 votes - 6; 2 votes - 3; 1 vote - 1
Jaeger O'Meara113 votes - 1; 2 votes - 2; 1 vote - 4
Chad Wingard83 votes - 1; 2 votes - 2; 1 vote - 1
Jacob Koschitzke33 votes - 1
Jonathon Ceglar22 votes - 1
Changkuoth Jiath22 votes - 1
Will Day11 vote - 1

i was really surprised that Moore and Howe didn't get votes.

i was really surprised that Moore and Howe didn't get votes.
Umpires are lead by media, sometimes 12 months after a player has arrived.

Add McCluggage to that list of players that were ignored by the umpires. Jarryd Lyons got a lot of votes for the Lions and McCluggage barely cracked double figures. Weird voting.

On the other hand, congratulations are due to David Mundy. Finished the count equal 11th with 20 votes after turning 36 a month ago. Just happens to be his career best return for Brownlow medal votes, pipping his previous best of 19 votes in 2015.

Votes for Hawthorn players:

PlayerTotal votesBreakdown
Tom Mitchell253 votes - 6; 2 votes - 3; 1 vote - 1
Jaeger O'Meara113 votes - 1; 2 votes - 2; 1 vote - 4
Chad Wingard83 votes - 1; 2 votes - 2; 1 vote - 1
Jacob Koschitzke33 votes - 1
Jonathon Ceglar22 votes - 1
Changkuoth Jiath22 votes - 1
Will Day11 vote - 1

McLuggage is such a smooth mover, which stands out to me. He had some big games this season, I'm surprised he didn't poll more too.

Umpires are lead by media, sometimes 12 months after a player has arrived.

yep, i thought a couple of Tom's 3-vote games were a bit suss, but that can all be forgiven due to the shitshow that was the R1 win vs Essendon's votes

Draper... 3?

Tom, not even 1?

are you serious?

Draper had 10 touches and 4 of them were clangers. He had 24 hitouts (decent, but ultimately less than BB and Cegs got between them), 2 marks and a goal. He had 4 clearances and 5 tackles, so you know, he played a very solid game. But BoG in a losing side? Like what?

yep, i thought a couple of Tom's 3-vote games were a bit suss, but that can all be forgiven due to the shitshow that was the R1 win vs Essendon's votes

Draper... 3?

Tom, not even 1?

are you serious?

Draper had 10 touches and 4 of them were clangers. He had 24 hitouts (decent, but ultimately less than BB and Cegs got between them), 2 marks and a goal. He had 4 clearances and 5 tackles, so you know, he played a very solid game. But BoG in a losing side? Like what?
One of the strangest 3 vote awarding I've ever seen in my life.

Dylan Moore kicked 4 against GWS and didnt get a vote

One of the strangest 3 vote awarding I've ever seen in my life.
hasnt been many worse since that Klomp TV award 40 years ago, for those that remember it

In 1981 Robbert Klomp (Carlton) won a TV for being the player of the match when he had had just nine touches for the night - six kicks, one mark and three handballs according to the stats

Last edited:
I sent this text to my Carlton supporting mate the other day, didn’t get a nibble back.

“This is an automated message from the Carlton Football Club.
If you are not busy in 2022 and you have any level of coaching accreditation please contact me immediately.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a very desperate move by Voss, probably aware how hard it is for sacked coaches to get a second chance.

He'll be under a lot of pressure to make the 8.
I think whoever gets the gig will be under pressure to make the 8. They're a very impatient lot over there.

I think whoever gets the gig will be under pressure to make the 8. They're a very impatient lot over there.
Yeah, and their new president is a big noting flog, much like their outgoing one.

Voss seams like a decent coach. Got the Lions back into the finals. It was the list management and trading in of Fevola that cruelled their team.
Second time around with lessons learned should be a good pick up - just hope if it is Carlton he fails miserably!

He would have been a good choice for Gold Coast - a big Queensland name to also market the team to build support.

Cameron Bruce has been snapped up by Chris Fagan. I think both would be happy with that result.

It is hard to seperate boss’s list management and his coaching. Most up here that I know thought is coaching improved through the course of his tenure but by the end his list management (which was a direction set by the board) cost him his job. He has the experience with shit boards to succeed at Carlton 😉

I agree with the first part, but I think given Vossy is not a newbie, I don't think he'll get as much of a free pass. This is going to end badly.
What gives you that impression?

😂

The tweet above reminded me of the picture taken after Bolton was signed.

A picture sure does tell a thousands words, eh.

B69CEFA9-2D6C-446A-A0B2-EE9FE827ECDF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back