No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news LMH, we have that flog Pannell on Sunday.
And I would put money on us getting Nicholls, Rosebery & Pannell next week. How's that for a fine trio?
Just put the gif of the guy opening door here. That's scary

Hate to be the bearer of bad news LMH, we have that flog Pannell on Sunday.
And I would put money on us getting Nicholls, Rosebery & Pannell next week. How's that for a fine trio?

Oh NO....:;()$@&):)-¥€>~\_. OMG..They will look after the Dockers.. Didn't we buy some chocolates $$$$ for them? They could sweep them under the carpet..
GH you have spoilt my weekend..:) What a trio of galahs they will be..

Oh NO....:;()$@&):)-¥€>~\_. OMG..They will look after the Dockers.. Didn't we buy some chocolates $$$$ for them? They could sweep them under the carpet..
GH you have spoilt my weekend..:) What a trio of galahs they will be..

Sorry to do that.
All will be good around 7.30pm Sunday night.

Dont agree with this, beat Fremantle by 4-5 goals, same with Geelong and then Collingwood by 10 goals in the last round and we will finish on top, this should be the attitude.

My 2 concerns would be:

1. Is there a big advantage to finishing on top? Playing Fremantle instead of Geelong is almost a less desirable task the way Geelong have been going.
2. Is it likely enough to happen that its worth compromising getting some rest into the players leading into finals?

Its also worth noting that, moreso than the on-field matchup, there is serious physiological war going on between Geelong and Hawthorn were the pattern is that they beat us in the H&A and we beat them "when it matters". We should be drawing on that as much as humanly possibly when we meet them in the finals. I would LOVE to lose to them next round then kick them out of the finals. Words can not describe how much I would love that to transpire.

My 2 concerns would be:

1. Is there a big advantage to finishing on top? Playing Fremantle instead of Geelong is almost a less desirable task the way Geelong have been going.
2. Is it likely enough to happen that its worth compromising getting some rest into the players leading into finals?

Its also worth noting that, moreso than the on-field matchup, there is serious physiological war going on between Geelong and Hawthorn were the pattern is that they beat us in the H&A and we beat them "when it matters". We should be drawing on that as much as humanly possibly when we meet them in the finals. I would LOVE to lose to them next round then kick them out of the finals. Words can not describe how much I would love that to transpire.
We always match up poorly against Geelong. Their and our form is meaningless. We play into their hands every single time. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

My 2 concerns would be:

I don't buy into the we beat them when it matters scenario, yes we have a great record against them in finals but I reckon that would stand for more if we had won an equal amount of matches against them over the past 6 years.

If it was 6 a piece or whatever and we had won the finals you could say well maybe we do have an edge over them when it matters but to be honest I think they believe they can beat us whenever they play us, they have unbelievable belief that they can beat us no matter the situation.

If we beat them next week and beat them in comfortable fashion I couldn't really care less who we play in the first week of the finals because we will beat them.

I don't buy into the we beat them when it matters scenario, yes we have a great record against them in finals but I reckon that would stand for more if we had won an equal amount of matches against them over the past 6 years.

If it was 6 a piece or whatever and we had won the finals you could say well maybe we do have an edge over them when it matters but to be honest I think they believe they can beat us whenever they play us, they have unbelievable belief that they can beat us no matter the situation.

If we beat them next week and beat them in comfortable fashion I couldn't really care less who we play in the first week of the finals because we will beat them.

You don't think if we got them in the GF and they had won every game against us in 6 years except a GF and PF that would play on their minds? Because I do.

Then there is the fact that the wins taste so much better when framed by that record. 2013 PF was such a special game.

You don't think if we got them in the GF and they had won every game against us in 6 years except a GF and PF that would play on their minds? Because I do.

No, I think they think they can beat us anywhere anytime.

The only team who has their minds played with in these games are Hawrhorn, even last year in the preliminary we almost couldn't get it done.

We just need to have a comfortable win against them and the monkey will be off the back.

Softwood gets the most frees again.. 5. What else can we expect.. He was picked as one of the best..He had 21 touches and one of the best??i didn't think he was one of the best tonight, but then again, I wouldn't know..Back to my murder mysteries again..Can't handle the crap on 7 or even fox tonight..:rolleyes:
I used to think his first name was Selwood. I kept wondering who this "Selwood Takenhi" was....... thought it was a strange name.

We're currently 1.61 to 2.25 favourites with Sportsbet for the Geelong game. The line is 8.5 points. Will be interesting to see how that changes over the course of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I think they think they can beat us anywhere anytime.

Respectfully disagree. Geelong are as much participants in this psychological grappling as we are. That's what has made the rivalry so magnetic. The on-field stuff is almost secondary to whats knocking around the player's heads. The 08GF and 13PF were horrible body blows to them and those ghosts will still linger.

Respectfully disagree. Geelong are as much participants in this psychological grappling as we are. That's what has made the rivalry so magnetic. The on-field stuff is almost secondary to whats knocking around the player's heads. The 08GF and 13PF were horrible body blows to them and those ghosts will still linger.

Of course they were body blows but losing a PF and GF to anyone is a body blow.

I don't believe that makes them any less confident about playing us in a final, I would have zero confidence whatsoever going into the first final against them if we do not win next week simple as that.

If they did beat us in that first final would we use the excuse that we only beat them in elimination finals like we did when they beats us 3 years ago? Fair to say that was an important game and it was one of our worst performances against them in recent history.

To me this theory that we only beat them when it matters is clutching at straws to a certain extent.

I don't believe that makes them any less confident about playing us in a final, I would have zero confidence whatsoever going into the first final against them if we do not win next week simple as that.

I think that you are underestimating a. how much 08GF effected them as a club and b. how winning all those home and away games put them under even more pressure to beat us in a final. The current scenario is just a continuation of those 2 mindsets. I agree that we have changed the wording of the "curse" to fit the fact that we lost a QF but I don't think that it diminishes from the fact that it's there and they feel it.

Wow Tom Hawkins holds the man, takes him high then falls in his back and the commentators talk about how it was a good decision for the umps not to pay a free against him.

Wonder how that compares to the one Christansen got at the end of the final quarter...

We always match up poorly against Geelong. Their and our form is meaningless. We play into their hands every single time. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Yes regardless how crap the cats are we are like a mental case every time we play them.
Forget the prelim last year, 2011 qualifier we had a full list they lost Menzal and yet we lost by 40 points despite Buddy injuring his knee but the game was over by then...
I much rather play the Swans and Freo TBH!!!

We're currently 1.61 to 2.25 favourites with Sportsbet for the Geelong game. The line is 8.5 points. Will be interesting to see how that changes over the course of the week.

If Rosebury is the umpire ....

Hawthorn 50/1
Geelong evens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back