No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Zurhaar shows a bit for North and has a bit of a reputation as one of North’s better players. But is he a good player?

I was just thinking whether he would be better in a good side but I am not convinced he would be. He is a medium size and it’s questionable he would be a good third tall in a good side. And he isn’t zippy enough to apply forward pressure living off scraps as a small forward.

Zurhaar shows a bit for North and has a bit of a reputation as one of North’s better players. But is he a good player?

I was just thinking whether he would be better in a good side but I am not convinced he would be. He is a medium size and it’s questionable he would be a good third tall in a good side. And he isn’t zippy enough to apply forward pressure living off scraps as a small forward.
Zurhaar, for mine, has the potential to be as good as Stringer has been.

It seems a long shot now that he will be as good as that though. My guess is it’s a mix of being at north and him just not wanting it badly enough.

Gee we dodged another bullet by missing out on Corr if indeed we were in the running to sign him. Another very ordinary overrated GWS cast off
More Clarko only believing in the draft when forced to. The interesting thing for me going forward is what has the hawthorn board done to avoid being in this position again? Hopefully the test of that question is not too far away!

Zurhaar, for mine, has the potential to be as good as Stringer has been.

It seems a long shot now that he will be as good as that though. My guess is it’s a mix of being at north and him just not wanting it badly enough.
No I don’t think Zurhaars ceiling has ever been as high as Stringer who when fit, has the ability to burst with power both in the middle and FOrward and heavily influence a game.

Zurhaar has been afforded more luxury at North because they have lacked better options and it has given him opportunity to shine. Which he has occasionally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I don’t think Zurhaars ceiling has ever been as high as Stringer who when fit, has the ability to burst with power both in the middle and FOrward and heavily influence a game.

Zurhaar has been afforded more luxury at North because they have lacked better options and it has given him opportunity to shine. Which he has occasionally
Zurhaar has shown he has the ability to do that in patches. Physically he wouldn’t be far off Stringer at all.

He could have Stringers career. (Only due to to Stringer not giving a stuff to be fair). But Zurhaar seems to be content not becoming the player he could be.

Supposition: The height of a player is less relevant that their arm stretch height / reach.

I am shorter than my wife but due to my monkey arms I can hold items out of her reach (like the TV remote when the footy is on 🤣)
Charlie Curnow is not overly tall at 194cm but he looks to have long arms.

Are players arm lengths Pmeasured at the combine or at other times? 🤨🤷🏼‍♂️
NBA players have their wingspan measured (the width of their arms when stretched out).

So a 6 foot guard could have the wingspan of a 6 foot 9 forward if his arms are long enough.

You are right about Curnow, he has a good leap and combine that with his long arms and he can mark higher balls than his height would normally allow.

Carlton have some really good ingredients for a team.

I don't think their midfield is 'that' good though
It’s gone backwards. Cerra hasn’t been the player they probably thought they were getting either.

Carlton are banking wins. Not playing awesome but getting the job done. We did that early in 08, I reckon they have enough ingredients to hit their straps later in the year and be thereabouts at the business end.
Yes people’s assessments of sides ability to win the flag at this stage is just media filling air time. Last year dees were untouchable going at 70%. You do what they are doing and figure out the tinkers needed and personnel best suited to compete at the pointy end

Carlton are banking wins. Not playing awesome but getting the job done. We did that early in 08, I reckon they have enough ingredients to hit their straps later in the year and be thereabouts at the business end.
You won't have to be an absolute dominant team to win it this year.

Just bank enough wins to make the finals and try and time your run leading into them.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back