No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Classic finals game...better team being beaten, but the blues are getting physically destroyed. If the Blues win, it means nothing they are dead next week. Who does Melbourne play next week if they win? The Lions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a right footer kicking towards your left you will fall a little to your right. That is what happened and its normal. Edit: talking about where the leg goes not the ball.

Maynard doesnt jump until after brayshaw is in the act of kicking.

View attachment 1802787
View attachment 1802791
View attachment 1802796
Exactly, he doesn't need to jump to smother. He's already past the point of impacting. I'm not disputing the bump in the head. It's the decision to leap in the 1st place.

You're complaining about the technique of a smother and the result, but you were happy for Sicily to receive no weeks for his tackle.

So many Hawks supporters wanted Sicily off, but are happy to lay the boot into Maynard. I guess it's not really about integrity of the comp.
No I'm complaining about the inconsistency being applied when it should be the same as a tackle. If we're protecting the head it applies in all circumstances now not just bump or tackle. That's the precedent.

What a load of crap, I take it you’ve never played the game! Brayshaw was in the action of kicking Maynard jumped to try and smoother the kick.
He was late you goose that's the point. How is it any different to bumping somebody after they kick it in general play. There's a correct way to smother and when I played footy I never jumped in the air to do it. You run at an angle and turn your head away so you don't get hit in the face. That's how you protect yourself not because you made the late decision to leap and had to brace.

He was late you goose that's the point. How is it any different to bumping somebody after they kick it in general play. There's a correct way to smother and when I played footy I never jumped in the air to do it. You run at an angle and turn your head away so you don't get hit in the face. That's how you protect yourself not because you made the late decision to leap and had to brace.
The tribunal doesn't agree and the AFL now looking at how to address it as it wasn't covered under the rules as they stand. This is actually the right way to deal with it. Other sports don't allow spurious outcomes like the AFL, they assess what is happening and then change the rules to ensure that everyone is aware of what they need to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back