No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

I still hold out hope that Geelong have peaked too early and will be found out in finals. It is fairly impressive how well they're playing as a unit though.
They aren't though. They have had help.

Was the turning point of the game. Took away all of the blues momentum as they were about to run over them

Reminds me of the two deliberates they paid against us in the wet. Then when Close kicks it out there’s no call.

Or how the ball comes off a Geelong players boot for out on the full but because Hawkins whinges they get the free.

They’ve had it very good this year.

I still hold out hope that Geelong have peaked too early and will be found out in finals. It is fairly impressive how well they're playing as a unit though.
Agree. All 27 or them are working together brilliantly.

Geelong play in bursts and do so with brutal efficiency. They don’t exert more than they have to but constantly lift when challenged and take their chances.
This is the key difference and the reason the Blues will lose this game

The worst is that he thinks he is funny, like Taylor. Going to be horrendous being stuck with him joining that already wretched commentary group

And people whine loudly every time Underwood calls a game. Yes she’s underwhelming and makes some bizarre calls but I’d listen to her any bloody day over BT/Brayshaw and Danger.

Whilst the more popular opinion tends to be that umpiring has degraded over the years, I still maintain officiating has dropped completely due to how bloody many rules there are now to officiate on.

So many decisions now rely on complex, step-by-step decisions to occur in fractional, split-seconds. Some rules need to be vastly dumbed down or simplified, like HTB. Things like prior opportunity have only made this game more inconsitent and less rewarding, not more.

Don't envy being an umpire these days.

And people whine loudly every time Underwood calls a game. Yes she’s underwhelming and makes some bizarre calls but I’d listen to her any bloody day over BT/Brayshaw and Danger.
She trends on twitter within seconds of an occasional misname, whilst BT has about a 20% name accuracy rate for any player that isn’t white and no one seems too bothered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst the more popular opinion tends to be that umpiring has degraded over the years, I still maintain officiating has dropped completely due to how bloody many rules there are now to officiate on.

So many decisions now rely on complex, step-by-step decisions to occur in fractional, split-seconds. Some rules need to be vastly dumbed down or simplified, like HTB. Things like prior opportunity have only made this game more inconsitent and less rewarding, not more.

Don't envy being an umpire these days.
The "no genuine attempt" rule still exists, (and it is despite prior) and it is completely ignored by the imbeciles who call themselves umpires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back