No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong play in bursts and do so with brutal efficiency. They don’t exert more than they have to but constantly lift when challenged and take their chances.
Scott's a knob but he is the best coach currently . They defend first and set up the ground better than anyone .
Their forward line runs efficiently with space and they punish any slight mistake.
They then have Cameron, Stewart and Hawkins to win them games .

Still reckon they'll get overun in finals . Old team and bar Holmes/de koning there under 23s are average role players

Scott's a knob but he is the best coach currently . They defend first and set up the ground better than anyone .
Their forward line runs efficiently with space and they punish any slight mistake.

Still reckon they'll get overun in finals . Old team and bar Holmes/de koning there under 23s are average role players
They are not close to the most talented side, especially in the middle. But they are the most disciplined. A more talented side might roll them in finals but they will have to play very well to do so because Geelong are just so efficient and dependable. Last year was the anomaly, they are looking very similar to 2022 again. A good side will need to play very well for 4 quarters to knock them off. They punish mistakes and lapses

One thing I notice is they hold their positions and shape very well. Ever notice how many rushed kicks always ends up in a Geelongs players lap . Happens to often for it to just be luck.

Carlton lost but played a good game (for the most part). They aren't far off. Felt to me a bit like when Geelong beat us by a couple of goals late in 2008. Suddenly the doors opened and Geelong were beatable. I think Carlton should now have a better feel for and knowledge of what Geelong is about. Coaches that think they have teams contending can do a lot worse than watch that game.

All I got out of watching this game is just how good Josh Weddle is and is going to be .
Cameron just monsters anyone and everyone, Weddle at 20 kept in check and physically could go with him
I came on here to say samething. There are not many players Cameron's size that can go with him. Weddle did it effortlessly. He is leaving me with little doubt that he will be a match winner for us in the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I got out of watching this game is just how good Josh Weddle is and is going to be .
Cameron just monsters anyone and everyone, Weddle at 20 kept in check and physically could go with him

He’s going to be a nice little chess piece to have on the board over his career isn’t he. Can’t think of many 20 year olds that have played every position of the ground just about in their career to date

Cats are the luckiest team in the business. They make some of their own luck but a lot of it is also out of their control but still goes their way.

Miss kicks from both teams ending up with them, poor umpiring decisions, goal kicking for and against them (Bowes goal swung the other way in the air), as well as teams just making basic errors against them constantly.

A good team will beat them easily their just needs to be good teams unlike 2022.

Sam saw it a long way out. Weddle will be our Blicavs but better :eek:

And people whine loudly every time Underwood calls a game. Yes she’s underwhelming and makes some bizarre calls but I’d listen to her any bloody day over BT/Brayshaw and Danger.
It strikes me that Underwood's problem is primarily technique - the strongest commentators often throw in stalling techniques to give them time to identify a player if they're unsure. Underwood hasn't quite got that down - so you end up with rushed identification which leads to mis-identification or, as in the North match, dead air - both of which are more overtly noticeable.

BT is a whole other level of terrible and is far more unbearable. Oh, for the days of Dennis.

She trends on twitter within seconds of an occasional misname, whilst BT has about a 20% name accuracy rate for any player that isn’t white and no one seems too bothered.
Was it BT who said he'd ignore Orazio Fantasia's request on how he'd like his name pronounced?

What an obnoxious redneck cu*t...

Last edited:
Didn't BT need to be coached on how to pronounce Changkuoth Jiath's name after using his initials CJ for an entire game? Think he commented several times during the game that it was OK'd by CJ or even his family LOL. You can get away with things like that on the face of it but it is pretty poor that he even thought that it was OK to do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back