No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

With Fantasia, it was even worse.

He WAS told exactly how to pronounce it, a very easy change to make (Fan-ta-SEE-ah), but basically refused to respect it. Unsurprisingly, with that other chortling reckneck moron, Billy Brownless, alongside him agreeing whole-heartedly.

Here's the subtext "Listen here, wog boy, you're in Australia now, we Anglos decide things here"

Vile pig.

Height of disrespect. I get set off when someone even mispells my name (common Scottish name). Imagine having someone just ignoring the instruction and banging on with what suits him. Blows my mind. AFL really needs a shake up with the standard of commentary. Of all the pro sports I watch it is easily the worst. Rather listen to Phil Gould commentate SOO. It's that bad.

"(Jeremy) Cameron is a future Hall of Famer and right now is probably the best player in the league." - Robbo.

what? he's not even leading the Coleman Medal... :think:
Cameron is off the charts in lots of ways but am I the only one who views his grand finals as very poor?

Won’t keep him out of the hall of fame but when compared to others, he falls away.

Said it should be pick 1. Doing Clarko’s bidding.

They don't need more picks. They have enough elite* talent. They just need to be developed.

Another first rounder isn't going to help them improve their results next season.

* rated elite at the time of being drafted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He laughed at the suggestion we could get one. Says we’ve had too much success for it to be considered.
Said sides like us and Adelaide have been too successful .......you know the Crows who won one last in 1998 .......

Get the feeling Hodgey didn't do too much research before he threw the suggestion out 😆

Am sure there's a reason but why would the WA derby be held last week when the quasi rivalry round is this week?

Just read a stat that every team has had a player that has had 30 touches in a game this season, except Geelong.

Their highest so far is 28, which happened only once, and 27 three times. That's pretty amazing. Just shows how direct and efficient they have been.

Just read a stat that every team has had a player that has had 30 touches in a game this season, except Geelong.

Their highest so far is 28, which happened only once, and 27 three times. That's pretty amazing. Just shows how direct and efficient they have been.
Can't get touches when the men in fluoro are taking possessions off you.

Said sides like us and Adelaide have been too successful .......you know the Crows who won one last in 1998 .......

Get the feeling Hodgey didn't do too much research before he threw the suggestion out 😆
Clearly he means wins per season and yes, 7 wins is too much for a priority pick.

They don't need more picks. They have enough elite* talent. They just need to be developed.

Another first rounder isn't going to help them improve their results next season.

* rated elite at the time of being drafted
I have said for ages that the afl should increase the football department cap and/or fund additional coaching for struggling teams to help them improve rather than throw 18 year old kids at the problem as if somehow they can lift a side up on their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back