No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah GWS are fine - no supporters to annoy me, cool theme song and Toby Greene as premiership captain. Much better than the other plausible alternatives at this stage

It’s more I just don’t want to see the AFL pouring cash into markets that’ll never work and the salary cap concessions, sorry, ambassador payments, and multiple draft concessions in the case of the Suns ever be fruitful.

Crossing my fingers that Freo can maybe be the real deal this season. I know it won’t happen but of any neutral side to get a flag I’d like it to finally be them.

This is Geelong’s world and we’re all just living in it.
Serious FU to all other clubs! Why the hell can’t you literally just copy whatever Geelong does!
Because we don't have the umpires in our pockets.

They won a premiership two years ago with the oldest team on record if I am not mistaken.

Theirs to lose this year I'd say (as much as it pains me to admit it).

Its a trend this year I am noticing, the well coached / well drilled teams like Geelong, Sydney, Melbourne are winning games of footy even when they have been outplayed via their systems.
LOL Carlton is the only team they've beaten in the 8 and even they are there because of a debacle with a touched ball.

Carlton are mid tier will lose 4 of the next 5
Disagree. was at the game last night and that game was theirs to lose. Kicked poorly in front of goal, gifted the Cats 3 goals from shocking turnovers from guys like Weitering etc who you'd back to not make those mistakes, were against a side that was given some interesting interpretations of the holding the ball rule, and still only lost by 13. their forwards are amongst the best in the comp, defence is solid and their midfield is arguably the best or at least top2-3 in the comp. That isn't mid-tier

Don’t quite agree with that - their player development is absolutely first rate. They routinely turn bog average players like Miers and underperforming blokes at other clubs like Bruhn and Bowes into genuinely good players.
It's the chicken or the egg .
Their system/structure allows them to play to a strength or two while their weakness doesn't get readily exposed.

Put those 3 in a middle/low team and they need to do more.
We ask more of our young mids , because we need too .
Bruhn can focus on 1-2 things in his role.

Development is sometimes only as good as the team/system they are in too at the time.

Disagree. was at the game last night and that game was theirs to lose. Kicked poorly in front of goal, gifted the Cats 3 goals from shocking turnovers from guys like Weitering etc who you'd back to not make those mistakes, were against a side that was given some interesting interpretations of the holding the ball rule, and still only lost by 13. their forwards are amongst the best in the comp, defence is solid and their midfield is arguably the best or at least top2-3 in the comp. That isn't mid-tier

Carlton are the better team but Geelong has a better game. They remind me of an old adage about the way the Japanese go about it. They leave no stone unturned. Geelong has dissected every single aspect of the game to the nth degree and this includes owning the umpiring. They know umpires aren't particularly smart people and use them to advantage. Even from last night's game Carlton supporters knew they were getting reamed. They most likely knew it was going to happen before the game. I think every supporter group goes into Geelong games knowing this now.

Two of many revelations for Carlton and other contenders is that teams cannot afford to make mistakes and must be 100% focused and committed for 4 quarters because Geelong will punish you severely on the smallest mistake. Also need players that can go with them on the rebound. This doesn't just mean fitness but also game awareness. Players need to be thinking on their feet all the time. Geelong players do. As a result, Geelong is very efficient inside 50 because they get there quickly when there is plenty of space. One of the things Geelong players don't do very much is hold the ball and stand there thinking what to do when they have a clean possession (for example, on the wing). All teams do this and it is a clear advantage Geelong has. They get moving quickly before the opposition has even collected themselves.

If NRL commentators can correctly (mostly) pronounce the Polynesian player names then BT has no excuse on not being able to pronounce something as simple as ‘Jiath’.

I have watched sport from all over the world and calling competitors from all over the world and have never heard a commentator adopt using a player's initials. Embarrassing.

Especially because it isn't even that hard of a name to pronounce if you just take the time to educate yourself.

Pathetic what we are willing to accept from these clowns.
With Fantasia, it was even worse.

He WAS told exactly how to pronounce it, a very easy change to make (Fan-ta-SEE-ah), but basically refused to respect it. Unsurprisingly, with that other chortling reckneck moron, Billy Brownless, alongside him agreeing whole-heartedly.

Here's the subtext "Listen here, wog boy, you're in Australia now, we Anglos decide things here"

Vile pig.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot stand his goal celebrations. Absolute ******* knob. Stringer in the same category.
Agree, but at least Jezza comes across as a decent person. Stringer on the other hand does not.

It’s more I just don’t want to see the AFL pouring cash into markets that’ll never work and the salary cap concessions, sorry, ambassador payments, and multiple draft concessions in the case of the Suns ever be fruitful.

Crossing my fingers that Freo can maybe be the real deal this season. I know it won’t happen but of any neutral side to get a flag I’d like it to finally be them.
Clearly you are not thinking of your friends & fellow posters here in wa.

Clearly you are not thinking of your friends & fellow posters here in wa.

I have had to endure multiple Cats and Tigers flags down here the past decade and a bit - I’ve done my penance, time for those out west to do a term.

He WAS told exactly how to pronounce it, a very easy change to make (Fan-ta-SEE-ah), but basically refused to respect it. Unsurprisingly, with that other chortling reckneck moron, Billy Brownless, alongside him agreeing whole-heartedly.

Here's the subtext "Listen here, wog boy, you're in Australia now, we Anglos decide things here"

Vile pig.

And people wonder why gay players are yet to come out in the men’s game - can you imagine the braindead s**t ‘roaming Brian’ would come up with with an outed player.

And people wonder why gay players are yet to come out in the men’s game - can you imagine the braindead s**t ‘roaming Brian’ would come up with with an outed player.

It was funny how Aker got smashed for speaking that truth. Aker was not anti gay btw, but they tried to label him such

Vile pig.
That's the first time I've listened to BT discuss it. Nothing like a bit of casual racism. I'm positive if Taylor visited an Asian country and they were pronouncing Taylor as Tayror, he'd be quick to correct them.

Racist bogan.

Carlton are the better team but Geelong has a better game. They remind me of an old adage about the way the Japanese go about it. They leave no stone unturned. Geelong has dissected every single aspect of the game to the nth degree and this includes owning the umpiring. They know umpires aren't particularly smart people and use them to advantage. Even from last night's game Carlton supporters knew they were getting reamed. They most likely knew it was going to happen before the game. I think every supporter group goes into Geelong games knowing this now.

Two of many revelations for Carlton and other contenders is that teams cannot afford to make mistakes and must be 100% focused and committed for 4 quarters because Geelong will punish you severely on the smallest mistake. Also need players that can go with them on the rebound. This doesn't just mean fitness but also game awareness. Players need to be thinking on their feet all the time. Geelong players do. As a result, Geelong is very efficient inside 50 because they get there quickly when there is plenty of space. One of the things Geelong players don't do very much is hold the ball and stand there thinking what to do when they have a clean possession (for example, on the wing). All teams do this and it is a clear advantage Geelong has. They get moving quickly before the opposition has even collected themselves.
Think it was Hudson or someone last night that use the term best option football, no hesitation just take the best option in space or with a favourable one on one.

I think footy more then ever benefits from strong senior players 30 and up, just better decision makers and their conditioning and structure is first class so it’s easier to bring kids in slowly when you have a strong senior brigade. And in turn easier to drop said kids when they make the mistakes against their system.

I can see it now, BT roaming around, spots outed player, “ I’m hearing you’re a little on the queer side, what’s going on there.”

Last edited:
I can see it now, BT roaming around, spots outed player, “ I’m hearing you’re a little on the queer side, what’s going there.”
"Big hug for his teammate there after that goal, as you'd expect"

God there'd just be SO MUCH innuendo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back