No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

That was only the start unfortunately, mental and physical abuse, humiliation, in person and online. There's a lot more that never even made it to reddit, let alone here or social media.

As bad as the stories were (genuinely horrible), his response and attempted justification once being caught was why he was immediately expelled. (Sorry - "invited to reconsider his enrolment", they don't 'expel').

He was enrolled in schools alongside 3-4 other Tasmanians who also made it to AFL - all of them have celebratory articles from their schools (even Tarryn Thomas!) - yet you'd be hard pressed to find any article noting where he went to school.
I think this answer is worth reading for everyone. SPC has had many footballers - two Hawthorn players as it turns out. I won’t dox you but you have the inside knowledge from the school.

I had no clue he tried to justify his behaviour - that is revolting given what went on.

What I wish to add is that the victim - one of many - has attempted suicide over the bullying. It ruined a family and it ruined a young person’s life.

Some bloody hard reads in these comments and it would be impossible to cheer for someone responsible for this kind of pain and hurt. If I was his club I would be strongly counselling this bloke about the harm he did and encouraging him to make amends. The victims may not want to hear from him again, and that would be absolutely fair, but this kid is now going to be an AFL footballer which comes with adulation and if he hasn't changed his stripes that could end badly.

That wasn't the main issue, which has been mentioned on BF previously leading up to the draft. Long story short apparently he ruthlessly bullied a fellow student with a disability of some sort. Absolutely pathetic behaviour, if true.
A fair bit of my work is in the disability sector as well as healthcare.

People would be astonished at the level of bullying, downright poor and disgraceful behaviour and treatment towards people with some challenges that actually occurs .
Ranges from casual to pretty much direct and open .
Have seen it in schools but also work places ......supposedly safe and inclusive places for everyone .
A lot never recover from the treatment they receive.

Sorry for the dampener to the thread but reading that made me equally upset, annoyed and angry .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny watching two teams that we beat slugging it out as a bunch of teams that aren't as good as Hawthorn. Weird after the last few seasons.

Few things more enjoyable than seeing a side coached by Ross the Boss get torn apart. One of the biggest coaching frauds going around.
I would have thought NOT seeing them would be more enjoyable.

But I agree with you re Ross.

Worst umpiring ever in this St Kilda game and Mason Wood is laughable.

It's funny watching two teams that we beat slugging it out as a bunch of teams that aren't as good as Hawthorn. Weird after the last few seasons.

BT referred to Hawthorn, Sydney and Carlton as the in-form teams of the competition. I thought my ears had deceived and perhaps I had too much to drink. But no, that’s what he said. So I decided I needed a little more.

A fair bit of my work is in the disability sector as well as healthcare.

People would be astonished at the level of bullying, downright poor and disgraceful behaviour and treatment towards people with some challenges that actually occurs .
Ranges from casual to pretty much direct and open .
Have seen it in schools but also work places ......supposedly safe and inclusive places for everyone .
A lot never recover from the treatment they receive.

Sorry for the dampener to the thread but reading that made me equally upset, annoyed and angry .

It's simply reprehensible behaviour. Scum of the earth stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back