No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

People convincing me that Geelong were legitimately cooked. Not so much anything to do with Essendon if I'm honest.
Even a cooked Geelong are dangerous at home, and Essendon aren't good. I was hoping they might get wiped out but never that confident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats have an absolute stranglehold over Essendon in general. Would have been looking forward to this game to get back into form IMO. It's arguably the most one sided match up in the AFL in terms of H2H outside Suns Vs Crows.

Bowes, Danger, Atkins, De Konning, Stewart, Clark.

It's an inside midfield brigade we should torch.

Lost inside 50s 59-53

Lost stoppage clearances 34-26

Stengle, Miers, Dempsey, Close can make the most of inside 50s. I don't think they'll be scoring 50% of their inside 50s vs 30% against us like they did tonight. They're still running on fumes despite the margin.

Cats have an absolute stranglehold over Essendon in general. Would have been looking forward to this game to get back into form IMO. It's arguably the most one sided match up in the AFL in terms of H2H outside Suns Vs Crows.
Interesting.

Essendon haven’t beaten a top 8 side yet despite living inside the top 8.

Collingwood and Melbourne next 2 games and I’d expect them to be outside the 8 at the conclusion of round 18.

Dons are downhill skiers. Soft draw and even then haven’t put sides away. % very poor.

Last edited:
Bowes, Danger, Atkins, De Konning, Stewart, Clark.

It's an inside midfield brigade we should torch.

Lost inside 50s 59-53

Lost stoppage clearances 34-26

Stengle, Miers, Dempsey, Close can make the most of inside 50s. I don't think they'll be scoring 50% of their inside 50s vs 30% against us like they did tonight. They're still running on fumes despite the margin.
Our small/mediums are better than Essendon. And without Hawkins We will run Weddle with Cameron again. We will be at full strength just about as well. Get through tomorrow first of course.

Lets just beat West Coast and look at the ladder after that.

Melbourne, Port and GWS sliding are all rather helpful to us.

Geelong winning looks bad, but suddenly Bombers look a risk to slide.

Suns winning looks bad too, but are Collingwood sure of a spot in the 8?

But simply must beat the Eagles this week to stay in touch

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back