No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

How are you getting that from this?

Looks like he is pulling the old injury excuse for there bad start but pointing out they have 3 very winnable games coming up.

IF ...​

a 0-2 scoreline would normally be ultra-worrying ...

THEN ...​

it isn't for the Cats. Nothing to be concerned about for the reigning premier. Yet. Injuries in the backline have cruelled them. Gold Coast, Hawthorn, West Coast up next.
That went straight over your head.

2013? Fyfe missed a couple of shots early but also had 28 possessions, 16 of which were contested it’s not like he played badly. Plus he had 24 against us in 2015 with a broken leg.

Then recovered after two successive leg breaks to win a second Brownlow. Plus suspension was the only thing stopping him from winning the 2014 Brownlow. And who knows without the double leg breaks he could have won many more
From memory he should have been suspended in both his brownlow years.

Played a lot better than Bruhn. 20 touches @80%, 11 contested, 500 metres gained, 17 pressure acts. Wasn’t as great when the game was there to be won but was one of their better players for the night.
Less the 3 kicks in it's 17 touches and 350m gained, okay game for a mid

I thought Selwood's absence was noticeable last night.

55 generous free kicks per year is hard to replace. ;)
Yes, they only got 4 free kicks directly from the centre bounce instead of nine. Was a massive hole for them.

No one who has ever completed a respectful behaviour training program has made any progress from them. The flaw is thinking that a 22 year old doesn't know right from wrong, and that they need to teach him. He knows, he just don't care, the only thing that'll ever change is that he might get better at hiding it. Or not at all, in Tarryn's case.

Good article written by a father trying to get his son to persevere with the hawks:

Titus O'Reily commented on this, which I thought was pretty funny:

"This week there was a column in The Age about a parent worrying their son had not seen a Hawthorn win, and they were worried they may not barrack for the Hawks.

What I didn’t understand is the idea that a child’s happiness is important when it comes to their AFL team.

What sort of luxury is liking your AFL team? Most of us hate our team for most of our lives.

It’s what builds character.

Supporting an AFL team is like life, a long, hard slog punctuated briefly by moments of happiness."

I'm sure there is some contract law prohibiting this. I remember it took Elijah Taylor a while to officially be sacked even though it was obvious he would not be returning to the swans.
They can definitely sack him, they just need to figure out whether they'll have to pay him out or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know as much as I hate them Tom Stewart is a big out for them and Jeremy Cameron can play. I still see them as top 4
Their midfield is poo. Somehow last year they papered over this - last year was not a vintage AFL year though.

Selwood is gone now, Duncan probably never plays there again, Danger is older, Guthrie is older.

Also, they were kissed on the dick last year with injuries - they are getting smashed this year. What happens if Cameron misses the next 4 with broken ribs?

I have them finishing 5th.

Surely his behaviour is in breach of his contract, and therefore they have an out in terms of having to pay him.

I wonder if the AFLPA would go in to bat for him if they do sack him and refuse to pay?
Would reckon the training was stipulated in his contract, like a performance management plan, and his failing it will open the doors for them to terminate the contract without paying it out.

But, then, Norf have proven fairly administratively incompetent over the past few years so who knows.

Surely his behaviour is in breach of his contract, and therefore they have an out in terms of having to pay him.

I wonder if the AFLPA would go in to bat for him if they do sack him and refuse to pay?
If the contract was to be voided surly the money agreed to contract wise still counts against their salary cap?

If the contract was to be voided surly the money agreed to contract wise still counts against their salary cap?

I imagine it would have to, unless the Gil steps in and waves his magic wand of course.

I suppose it means nothing for this season, though if TT is contracted for a few more years then it could prove to be an issue.

I imagine it would have to, unless the Gil steps in and waves his magic wand of course.

I suppose it means nothing for this season, though if TT is contracted for a few more years then it could prove to be an issue.
By memory when Patton got sacked / retired a buyout buyout with him was reached but his money still counted against the salary cap. This is what I can see Thomas / North doing.

He'll either retire or be sacked. He won't be playing again.
This whole messy incident shows why the club has seemingly put a premium on recruiting young fellas of good character from good families.

High achieving young men like Ward (I think he get something nuts like 99 on his ATAR?), MacKenzie, Weddle, etc. Lot less risk drafting those types than a dysfunctional Dayle Garlett.

Also look at North, they drafted Sheezel who also is from a strong family background and appears to be both a ripper of a kid as well as a great footy player. Chalk and cheese compared to TT.

This whole messy incident shows why the club has seemingly put a premium on recruiting young fellas of good character from good families.

High achieving young men like Ward (I think he get something nuts like 99 on his ATAR?), MacKenzie, Weddle, etc. Lot less risk drafting those types than a dysfunctional Dayle Garlett.

Also look at North, they drafted Sheezel who also is from a strong family background and appears to be both a ripper of a kid as well as a great footy player. Chalk and cheese compared to TT.
TT was academy. A free hit. They were always taking him.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back