No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we never do anything remotely close to what Essendon did to Dyson Heppell. Former captain comes out and retires and they wouldn't even give him a chance to play at home as a sub. Pathetic decision for a pissweak club. I've admired him from a far especially the way his had to answer for some of the bs the dons put him and the squad through.
All because they thought they were a realistic chance of playing finals.
Still lying to themselves & any fool to believe

IF you believe what their coach says...
“Dyson Heppell’s led our club through a really tumultuous period and it speaks to him again that he was very explicit about the fact that he knew it would be time for him to call time on his career when there were players ready and able to take his spot in the team,” Scott said on Fox Footy.

“He’s still available for selection. We’re still right in the hunt, so he’s training as hard as ever. But he’s really explicit about the fact that if there’s a player that’s performing in his spot then they should take that spot.”
Players weren't happy when it happened to Bellchambers and now they've gone and did it to a former captain. Embarrassing.

Heeni is elite - whose their other mids?

hawks mids as a unit, elite
Gulden and Warner are guns but like Heeney they are more mid/forwards than pure mids (well Gulden is a winger but similar principle).

That's actually Sydney's biggest strength, there utility/mids can kick multiple goals a game when they are on.

If we play them in th finals you just can't give them an inch as they will make you pay.

Not having a go because no one would voluntarily have watched Norf 2023, but this skill level is not an anomaly
My in laws are North obsessed and i have seen almost as many North games as i have Hawthorn games this year...

Please pray for me

Stops Dylan Shiel from coming to Hawthorn, gives Hawthorn Massimo D'Ambrosio for free.

I think Adrian Dodoro is a closet Hawthorn supporter.

Dodo pulled off the greatest long-con of all time.

17 other clubs are going to pitch in to erect a statue in his honour.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we never do anything remotely close to what Essendon did to Dyson Heppell. Former captain comes out and retires and they wouldn't even give him a chance to play at home as a sub. Pathetic decision for a pissweak club. I've admired him from a far especially the way his had to answer for some of the bs the dons put him and the squad through.

It's a lack of respect.

Just like their supporters have shown recently by abusing their own team when they lost recently. They have form - do you remember when they booed Fish as he left the field? No wonder he came to Hawthorn.

Just came back from the scum autopsy thread. A carlton supporter popped in and said:

"I come in peace. Genuinely believe our clubs are cursed."

Was so tempted to say "I know why your club is cursed, brown paper bags and tanking, but I can't think for the life of me what Essendon has done to be cursed."

Last edited:
Clarko did flick a number of champs off to other clubs for absolute peanuts and no send off. Did damage though, so I agree with you

At least booze ads used to be entertaining. Honestly I haven't ever seen a sports gambling ad that has had me not want to throw something hard and sharp into the television. Between any Youi ad and the Sportsbet ads during footy telecasts, and then BT and JB bleating at me - footy on 7 is the closest I will ever come to the feeling of being lobotomised.

Agree with the booze ads, who can forget this doozy?

A lot better than some ****wit yelling about a sports app.

I do like hodge and lewis commentry, especially calling out umps for missing calls.. that 50 that wasnt called in the pies swans game
They just need Kane to do commentary with them. It would be quite entertaining hearing Kane saying something along the likes of “Geez this Essendon Swans game has been quite boring to watch, not like watching our Hawks hey boys?”

Only for Hodge to say “Your Hawks” while Lewis sits in silence for 10 seconds.

He's a gun. He'd be kicking 25 goals a year playing off a wing for us, he'd fit in seamlessly.
Well that's a different discussion
The first goal he kicked last night , totally burnt a teamate .
Last quarter last week same thing . Isn't the only one but no way we would stand for it .

Good player yes but the guns do the grunt and team stuff also . I don't see it with him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back