No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The execution of the bump is irrelevant, the guy is in a vulnerable position and Houston lines him up.
There was a time in the late 90s (I'm going off my shit memory) when if you elected to bump, got the head and your feet where off the ground you were gone. Not sure why that got removed from the conversation. Back then you could argue that you had executed the bump correctly, but feet off the ground and you were goneski.

I keep saying 1991 is underrated. Won the first ever VFL/AFL final played outside of Victoria, and then the only ever VFL/AFL GF played at Waverley.

As a side note, always loved the fact that we are the only club in the AFL who train on the same ground they won a premiership at. Going to lose that quirk of history when we move to Dingley.

As a side note, always loved the fact that we are the only club in the AFL who train on the same ground they won a premiership at. Going to lose that quirk of history when we move to Dingley.
Where do Melbourne train?

I suppose I should of said main training ground.

Yes Melbourne do train at the MCG but not exclusively like we do at Waverly. Their administration and also their second training ground is at Casey Fields, again we are all at Waverly. That was my point.

I suppose I should of said main training ground.

Yes Melbourne do train at the MCG but not exclusively like we do at Waverly. Their administration and also their second training ground is at Casey Fields, again we are all at Waverly. That was my point.
I wasn't in anyway trying to find fault with your post, it piqued my curiosity, and made me wonder where they train.

The Brisbane show is on at the moment. Imagine my surprise when I round a corner and find the Scott brothers just sitting there together.

1723947342533.png

I wasn't in anyway trying to find fault with your post, it piqued my curiosity, and made me wonder where they train.
All good, actually got me curious and it turns out I might be correct on my first assumption after doing a little digging. I don't think they do much training on the MCG at all it's mostly Gosch's Paddock, which is just down the road from the MCG/Punt Road Oval and Casey Fields where they have their admin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong's formline isn't very good is it? They do so much preparation and rise to the occasion for us - but they're not world beaters at the moment:

Since they beat us:
v Collingwood: 20 point win. Solid performance, not terrible, not great. Beat a bottom 8 side.
v Doggies: big loss at Kardinia. Poor performance
v North: 40 point win, doesn't say much
v Crows: 5 point win at Kardinia, not very convincing against a bottom 5 side
v Freo: 9 point win out west. Strong performance
v Saints: another loss to a bottom 8 side.

So out of those last 6 games there's only one where I would say they look like a top side (v Freo).

When did the Demons win a premiership at Gosch’s Paddock? The Demons don’t train on the MCG.

If you wanted to be correctly pedantic - Carlton train at Princes Park and won a flag there in 1945.

Geelong's formline isn't very good is it? They do so much preparation and rise to the occasion for us - but they're not world beaters at the moment:

Since they beat us:
v Collingwood: 20 point win. Solid performance, not terrible, not great. Beat a bottom 8 side.
v Doggies: big loss at Kardinia. Poor performance
v North: 40 point win, doesn't say much
v Crows: 5 point win at Kardinia, not very convincing against a bottom 5 side
v Freo: 9 point win out west. Strong performance
v Saints: another loss to a bottom 8 side.

So out of those last 6 games there's only one where I would say they look like a top side (v Freo).
And Freo may not even make finals.

Assuming we win both remaining matches there is no scenario where we are not playing an elimination final at the MCG.
There is one other (highly unlikely) scenario.

Dogs lose to either North today or GWS next week. And Geelong lose to Eagles in Geelong. And Brisbane lose to Essendon at the Gabba.

That gets us 4th and a QF v Swans at the SCG.

When did the Demons win a premiership at Gosch’s Paddock? The Demons don’t train on the MCG.

If you wanted to be correctly pedantic - Carlton train at Princes Park and won a flag there in 1945.
You jumped the gun just a little with wanting an argument

You jumped the gun just a little with wanting an argument

I saw that. I just wanted Grumble to know that he could have won the pedantry battle had he delved a little further!

Let’s just worry about us winning the last two games.
I don' play for Hawthorn. My complacency can in no way influence the result. I am going to settle for hoping and wanting a home final.

Melbourne won their premiership in Perth though
Their one single premiership hey? Interesting. Check out the history books.

All good, actually got me curious and it turns out I might be correct on my first assumption after doing a little digging. I don't think they do much training on the MCG at all it's mostly Gosch's Paddock, which is just down the road from the MCG/Punt Road Oval and Casey Fields where they have their admin.
I was more thinking in an historical context. Surely in the 50s they trained at the MCG. It was solely their home ground at that point, and they won a decent number of premierships at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back