No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was more thinking in an historical context. Surely in the 50s they trained at the MCG. It was solely their home ground at that point, and they won a decent number of premierships at that point.

Yup - they trained on the MCG up until the 80s. Dare say FJ was meaning we are the only club who currently play at a ground where they won the flag.

It is crazy that Melbourne train where they do. It's a dinky oval next to Punt Road and is completely exposed not to mention noisy as hell. Plus they'd have to sweep for dog crap prior to commencing training because it's a dog walking area most of the day.

I genuinely don't get the footy world. Hird's previous foray into coaching yielded complete disaster. GWS underperformed while he was there. What about him screams out 'yeah let's give him another chance!'. The footy world's obsession for giving ****wits like him a go is beyond frustrating.

Also love that he couldn't take the head coaching gig because of his business interests. Interests such as running a managed investment which he isn't remotely qualified nor experienced to do. It's also one of the most bizarrely non-transparent managed investments I have ever come across. I feel for anyone stupid enough to have sunk money into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely don't get the footy world. Hird's previous foray into coaching yielded complete disaster. GWS underperformed while he was there. What about him screams out 'yeah let's give him another chance!'. The footy world's obsession for giving ****wits like him a go is beyond frustrating.

Also love that he couldn't take the head coaching gig because of his business interests. Interests such as running a managed investment which he isn't remotely qualified nor experienced to do. It's also one of the most bizarrely non-transparent managed investments I have ever come across. I feel for anyone stupid enough to have sunk money into it.
what happened to his chocolate business? had a melt like the * supporters?

Utter shellacking with alot of bruise free footy from Norf. If we half turn up to play it should be a comfortable win. Dogs aren't even at full throttle there's been no resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back