No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney, Warner and Gulden all kicked massive goals in the last. The big 3 that has carried them all year, the rest of the team are bloody average.

Main reason that I don't think they win if even if they recapture some form. You cannot rely on three midfielders to carry your entire team.

Champion team vs team of champions.

I must have been watching a different game to a lot of you guys (admittedly was watching on ipad, whilst watching olympics), but I thought the Pies were getting the rub from the umps for the most part of that game.

In what world was he meant to just stop on a dime?
If you watch it, hes about 10m over the mark when he stops running, then pulls back about 3 or 4 to set the mark.

At any other point in a game thats 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow good of you to point that out. Appreciate it , well done 👏

Doesn't change that they were terrible for 95% of the game .
Luv it. I wake up happy & then read your snarky reply, it's gonna be a beautiful day. Thank you.

If you watch it, hes about 10m over the mark when he stops running, then pulls back about 3 or 4 to set the mark.

At any other point in a game thats 50.
karma bus square up for Collingwood not giving away a 50m penalty for the same thing at Marvel vs Norf.

I don’t think it was 50 at all. Started running back to his mark in time and play on was called before he got there. That was fair in my opinion.
Agree 100%.

Also, the pies can't complain. Cox jumped forward on the mark earlier in the game when a swans player (forget who; Blakey??) was kicking for goal and missed. He should have been given a 50, taken to the square and had another shot.

It's amazing how 1 below average season and the Craig McRea mystique has completely worn off. Looked unflappable last year, always on top of things. Has had many vulnerable moments in the coaches box and the post game pressers this year.

It's amazing how 1 below average season and the Craig McRea mystique has completely worn off. Looked unflappable last year, always on top of things. Has had many vulnerable moments in the coaches box and the post game pressers this year.
Pies have an average list. McCrea’s flag was based purely on self belief and mateship/teamwork. Once the slightest cracks start to appear, it doesn’t work. With their ancient list and no 2024 draft picks until our second, their rebuild will be a very long one. I’m not sure he will stick around.

I noticed aswell instead of passing it off to better options alot of the players are just going for the lower percentage shot on goal. Going for the personal glory, after having had the ultimate success last year.

Why are people being dicks to a poster who was sharing his thoughts on how Sydney were playing anywhere up to 3QT last night. They were mostly hopeless until they switched on in the 4th quarter. Smug ‘well this aged well’ posts are a dick move - Sydney had 3 bad losses and 3 sub par quarters and had every right for posters to be questioning them.

I don’t think it was 50 at all. Started running back to his mark in time and play on was called before he got there. That was fair in my opinion.
What's the exact ruling?

I understand players (can) run over the mark due to their momentum, but the Sydney player didn't make any effort to slow down once the Collingwood player had taken the mark. It was clearly a deliberate ploy, but is it illegal?

Pies have an average list. McCrea’s flag was based purely on self belief and mateship/teamwork. Once the slightest cracks start to appear, it doesn’t work. With their ancient list and no 2024 draft picks until our second, their rebuild will be a very long one. I’m not sure he will stick around.
Been handed Daicos for nothing also got them that flag. It’s amazing what he added to that team and they were fortunate enough to get a brief alignment of the stars to pinch a premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back