No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

So Melbourne now has picks 5 and 9.

So by Wednesday I'm expecting to see.

Melbourne Give: 5, 9, Clayton Oliver to Geelong for: Pick 75 and a Future 4th round selection,

Must admit, I don't value draft picks too much and the points system is nonsense but Melbourne just gave up the points equivalent of Pick 5 and a future 1st rounder for Pick 9 and change.
They must be really keen on Armstrong

I still don’t see the full time umpire argument unless an umpire requests it.
What exactly would they do during weekdays? Having a balanced life would be better for mental well being youd think

Having footy umpires full time would be a good thing. Especially if it brings consistency to standards. If you follow the cricket standard, where they have an “Elite Panel” that are full time, and have mostly developed good relations with teams, and have mostly raised umpiring standards across matches, a similar result could occur. So I can see the benefits of making it a full time profession.

Re-watching the Hopper push that took out Day's shoulder- I cannot believe they called it friendly fire at the time and I cannot believe that that kind of push isn't reprimandable.
Puts players in a similarly vulnerable position as getting tunnelled.
**** Richmond are a dirty club- three of their six highlights in the official highlight real are them injuring Hawks players.
If they end up with a bunch of kids next year I truly hope we go after their senior players to reinforce that if you **** about, you're going to find out

Taking this to a different thread so I don't derail it with non-Will Day related topics, but it is sort of the forgotten incident type when it comes to what the AFL takes seriously. It genuinely feels like if it doesn't cause head high impact, the AFL don't really care.

This is still one of the worst intentional acts I've seen on a footy field in the past few decades and even on the AFL website they called it a "strong marking contest".

Similarly, Ablett's little shove to carry Martin's momentum into May. Not as bad but it contributes:

Hawkins has a propensity for pushing people into packs which has caused injury more than once:

Port telling Houston its North or Port ? I hope that isn't just bluff and would respect them if they see it through. Why should they strengthen Collingwood? Clubs should do that more often when dealing with sides in contention at the same time as them.

Houston is the best player on the move this year. Seeing the deals for Rioli and Baker, Port entitled to demand more than what Collingwood is offering.

Wow! Eagles gave up 3 for 12 & 14, also giving up late assets to pick up Owies. Will have 12, 26 & 73 in the draft if they give up 14 for Baker.
And that's before all the bids. Won't be getting one of the top 15 or so rated kids. Not the hand you'd want as an Eagles fan after a bottom 4 finish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back