Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't mind 'bumping into' this PoS.

Brian John Odlum handed suspended jail term for assaulting his young NDIS-funded carers​

A 68-year-old man who assaulted seven "isolated" and "vulnerable" women who were working for him as NDIS-funded carers has received a 12-month suspended prison sentence and a $2,000 fine.

During a trial earlier this year, Brian John Odlum was convicted of seven counts of indecent assault and four counts of common assault for inappropriately touching female victims in his home.

When asked by reporters outside court if he had anything to say to his victims, he replied, "f**k off".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-10...l-term-assaulting-young-carers-ndis/104427606

I know these types. Absolutely sh!t themselves if confronted by a man.

Brian John Odlum handed suspended jail term for assaulting his young NDIS-funded carers​

A 68-year-old man who assaulted seven "isolated" and "vulnerable" women who were working for him as NDIS-funded carers has received a 12-month suspended prison sentence and a $2,000 fine.

During a trial earlier this year, Brian John Odlum was convicted of seven counts of indecent assault and four counts of common assault for inappropriately touching female victims in his home.

When asked by reporters outside court if he had anything to say to his victims, he replied, "f**k off".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-10...l-term-assaulting-young-carers-ndis/104427606
So many holes in the very necessary NDIS that need fixing. Remember the "unrepentant" rapist, due to be released from prison and "likely to reoffend", who nevertheless was eligible for NDIS assistance with adjustment to everyday life, such as house cleaning, transport and so on? I hope the carers appointed are made FULLY AWARE of the background of this person - and others! - and are able to refuse to take the jobs. They should at least be able to go in pairs, NEVER alone. And paid VERY VERY well.

Lovely. What a d!ck.

No remorse but no jail??? DPP hopefully appealing but probably won't bother as usual.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So many holes in the very necessary NDIS that need fixing. Remember the "unrepentant" rapist, due to be released from prison and "likely to reoffend", who nevertheless was eligible for NDIS assistance with adjustment to everyday life, such as house cleaning, transport and so on? I hope the carers appointed are made FULLY AWARE of the background of this person - and others! - and are able to refuse to take the jobs. They should at least be able to go in pairs, NEVER alone. And paid VERY VERY well.
Frequently the owners of the NDIS businesses are aware of the possible risks around participants but not all NDIS providers are the same. I've met carers working with participants with forensic & sexual offending backgrounds who have not been provided a full overview of who they're caring for & how to manage any risk OR being given the opportunity to opt out of working with certain people. Adding in of someone chooses to self manage & employ their own carers they control the information they share with workers.

This big ex-footy player (Rocky Elsom) is in a whole lot of alleged fraud trouble with French authorities.

Not paywalled at the moment.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Current General Crime Chat: disturbing killers, other crimes and miscellaneous stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back