Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly at this stage I'm wondering if he was projecting about all the drug addiction stuff? This is crazier than anything Goody has ever done.
I rather suspect he isn’t very well. It’s pretty sad stuff.

Of course I don’t know and want to make this clear before Bartlett names me in some random legal action.

Weird next few rounds with the bye. We go 5 day break - 7 day break to play on a Thursday again - 13 day break - 9 day break - 5 day break - 10 day break.

Weird next few rounds with the bye. We go 5 day break - 7 day break to play on a Thursday again - 13 day break - 9 day break - 5 day break - 10 day break.
This is kinda what happens when you are a decentish side, you have to work around being put in more higher exposure/prime time slots. At least it's not the run of short breaks we had in 2017

Would rather we have this issue with the fixture as a club than three consecutive Sunday arvo games

I am curious however how we will approach the back to back Adelaide games. I wonder if we'll fly back or just stay and train in Adelaide like a mini hub

This is kinda what happens when you are a decentish side, you have to work around being put in more higher exposure/prime time slots. At least it's not the run of short breaks we had in 2017

Would rather we have this issue with the fixture as a club than three consecutive Sunday arvo games

I am curious however how we will approach the back to back Adelaide games. I wonder if we'll fly back or just stay and train in Adelaide like a mini hub
Oh 100%, the one that is throwing it out for me is the bye into the break post-ANZAC Eve - means we effectively play one match in 3 weeks.

Hi all,
I have a couple spare tickets for Adelaide v Melbourne during Gather Round. If theres any Dees that have missed out and would like to attend please let me know. They are part of the AFL members allocation so you wont be entirely surrounded by Crom.

Just found out I might be in Melbourne when the Kings Birthday match is on.
Given it's a Collingwood home game I assume my Dees membership is useless?

I went on Ticketeck and it looked like there was hardly any seats available for purchase, those remaining were in horrible seats.

Is there any other way I can purchase tickets, or will more go on sale at a certain date, or should I be locking in whatever tickets are still available before it's completely sold out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Melbourne Football Club doctor has sensationally admitted to conducting “off the books” illicit drug tests – allegedly authorised by the AFL – to help players evade detection on match days.
The doctor-turned-whistleblower says players who confessed to having taken drugs in the days before AFL games were given secret tests to ensure their systems were clear or were advised to “fake an injury” so they would not risk being tested and suspended for breaches of the World Anti-Doping Agency code.
Federal MP Andrew Wilkie told parliament on Tuesday night he had received a signed statement from former Demons head doctor Zeeshan Arain in which he accuses the AFL of facilitating the clandestine drug tests at Dorevitch Pathology in Heidelberg.

Mr Wilkie called on Prime Minister Anthony Albanese to intervene in the scandal.

In a stunning address, Mr Wilkie said: “I rise to bring the house’s attention deeply troubling allegations of egregious misconduct within the AFL provided by former Melbourne football club president Glen Bartlett, former Melbourne football club doctor Zeeshan Arain and Shaun Smith, father of Melbourne player and now alleged drug trafficker Joel Smith.
Hey, we're back again

“The allegations include the prevalence of drug abuse and other prohibited behaviour across the AFL, off the books drug-testingof players at Dorevitch Pathology in Heidelberg, facilitated by the former chief medical officer of the AFL Peter Harcourt, the resting of players testing positive in these secret tests, ostensibly on account of injury, wilful inaction by AFL chairman Richard Goyder, and former CEO Gill McLachlan ….

“Here is what happened as has been described to me: The AFL wants the player to play at all costs and so the cover up begins.

“If there are no illegal drugs in the player’s system they are free to play and if there are drugs in their system the player is often asked to fake an injury.

“They are advised to lie about a condition, while the results of the off-the-book tests are kept secret and are never shared with Sports Integrity Australia or WADA.

“In other words, hundreds of thousands of Australians will watch the game not knowing that the game has been secretly manipulated by the AFL and thousands of Australians will bet on that game not knowing the game has been secretly manipulated by the AFL.

“So next time you hear a player has a hamstring injury, you could be forgiven for wondering what is really going on.

“But as Dr Arain explains this isn’t just a Melbourne problem, it is an AFL problem with multiple players coming to Melbourne from other teams with pre-existing cocaine dependencies more than suggesting that drug testing workarounds are commonplace elsewhere in the AFL.

“The documents in my possession also indicate a shocking unwillingness of senior AFL executives to address drug abuse by players and executives, particularly in relation to cocaine use.

“For instance here are very detailed notes of a telephone meeting between Gill McLachlan, Richard Goyder and Glen Bartlett.”

The doctor is admitting to some pretty damaging things here, it makes me wonder what incentivised him to talk. If I were to connect the dots it sounds like the Doctor was doing these backdoor tests for the AFL then after he got sacked by us threatened to blow the whistle. The AFL then told Pert what was going on and to settle with the doctor for a cool half mil in hush money. Then when Bartlett started asking questions the AFL were pretty keen to get rid of him.

In a way it's nice Bartlett and Warner have finally put their cards on the table but on the other hand I wonder why they wasted their time with all the nothing stories about awkward selfie moments and elevator doors not being held for three years.

Just found out I might be in Melbourne when the Kings Birthday match is on.
Given it's a Collingwood home game I assume my Dees membership is useless?

I went on Ticketeck and it looked like there was hardly any seats available for purchase, those remaining were in horrible seats.

Is there any other way I can purchase tickets, or will more go on sale at a certain date, or should I be locking in whatever tickets are still available before it's completely sold out?

Generally they release the tickets in rounds, that game shouldn't sell out with the way the Pies are going but you never know.

The doctor is admitting to some pretty damaging things here, it makes me wonder what incentivised him to talk. If I were to connect the dots it sounds like the Doctor was doing these backdoor tests for the AFL then after he got sacked by us threatened to blow the whistle. The AFL then told Pert what was going on and to settle with the doctor for a cool half mil in hush money. Then when Bartlett started asking questions the AFL were pretty keen to get rid of him.

In a way it's nice Bartlett and Warner have finally put their cards on the table but on the other hand I wonder why they wasted their time with all the nothing stories about awkward selfie moments and elevator doors not being held for three years.

There's also the potential there that Dr Arain has fabricated things. I don't know either way obviously, but I remember Pert had sent an email to the club after he was sacked saying he lacked integrity and honesty.

Also worth remembering that all the info available to us the public has been put there by Michael Warner.

In one email to the board, Pert wrote: “When dealing with Zee on issues, he consistently changed his stories when I challenged him on details and his stories rarely matched up to other people involved …

He also described Dr Arain’s evidence as “full of inaccuracies, misrepresentations and a rewriting of history, which was a frustration to all he was accusing”.

:eyes:

(From an article from early on in all this)

There's also the potential there that Dr Arain has fabricated things. I don't know either way obviously, but I remember Pert had sent an email to the club after he was sacked saying he lacked integrity and honesty.

Also worth remembering that all the info available to us the public has been put there by Michael Warner.
There's something going on. The Dr seemed very keen to stay out of the spotlight on this when the initial story came out about his settlement. Why talk now? What does he have to gain?

A lot more organisations and people are getting implicated in this now outside of our club which hopefully means we get some real answers. Other journos have been staying out of this for that long too, not sure they will be able to anymore.

Sick of this story haunting our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Back