Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes? I'm too afraid of them rushing Petty back and hurting him again, and all our KPFs suck outside Petty and JVR so might as well pick the guy with VFL form.

We disagree then. I wouldn't be picking Schache again the rest of the year barring an injury crisis. Personally, I would have picked Fullarton this week rather than Brown, but we'll see how BBB goes I guess. Next week if we need to change it then I would absolutely go Fulllarton ahead of Petty, but if it's out of Petty or Schache then it's no contest for mine. That would be one of the times I don't care about the favourites thing. Schache has pretty clearly proven to not be up to it now.

We disagree then. I wouldn't be picking Schache again the rest of the year barring an injury crisis. Personally, I would have picked Fullarton this week rather than Brown, but we'll see how BBB goes I guess. Next week if we need to change it then I would absolutely go Fulllarton ahead of Petty, but if it's out of Petty or Schache then it's no contest for mine. That would be one of the times I don't care about the favourites thing. Schache has pretty clearly proven to not be up to it now.

I would have picked Fullarton this week too, the issue we've got this year is Brown/TMac/Schache all should never be playing so it ****s us over as we've got three wasted list spots.

I would have picked Fullarton this week too, the issue we've got this year is Brown/TMac/Schache all should never be playing so it *s us over as we've got three wasted list spots.

Without opening that can of worms again, it just is what it is. We apparently had a crack at a handful of forwards but had no luck. No 18 year old 3rd round key forward was gonna make any impact. So here we are. Hopefully irons in the fire for this year, but best chance there is to play some footy that would attract a key forward.

Christ, this is some sisyphean nightmare that we must be forced to argue, every week, the merits of selecting one of Brown, Tmac Schache and now Fullarton.

It's a catch 22 this week. Petty comes in and Goody is playing favourites, Schache comes in and it's dumb selection...
I think picking either is dumb next week. Petty clearly underdone schache isn't AFL standard. Fullerton surely gets a nod. But I have a feeling he's not gonna be much better than Schache tbh. But surely he gets a look before Petty or Schache.

Just play a FWD line of JVR, Fritsch, Trac & Kozzy? Although that would require actually lowering the eyes and executing basic fundamentals.
I think I said this last year. Although I might not have suggested JVR. Trac, Fritta and Koz are our most dangerous forwards. Everyone else get out of their way. Melk when he's fit would be amongst these guys as well.

The only good thing about Ben Brown is that he leads to the kicker. Whether we can lower the eyes to get him is one thing, another is whether he has space to lead into. Our F50 looks a mess

Are people speaking in jest when they say JVR is good? He was putrid last week and is averaging 7 touches and a goal across is last 5 games.

One of those goals was a complete accident too! Without that fluke he would be goalless from 3 of his last 5 matches.

Are people speaking in jest when they say JVR is good? He was putrid last week and is averaging 7 touches and a goal across is last 5 games.

One of those goals was a complete accident too! Without that fluke he would be goalless from 3 of his last 5 matches.
Better delist

I don't think anyone says JVR is good right now. He's also young and doesn't mind flying for the footy so you don't write him off.
He did win us a game against Richmond last year

He's 20 years old, and has played most of that period you mentioned as the number 1 key forward in a shambolic forward line serviced by midfielders who look like they're trying as hard as possible to kick the ball to God every time they deliver it inside 50. I'd say he's doing exceptionally well to get 7 touches a week under the circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is seemingly a great move. Tons of complaints about our comms over the last year or so.

That's interesting, spends most of her career in the comms department but then she got a broader role at the Pies who immediately win a flag only to give it up and move back into comms.

That's interesting, spends most of her career in the comms department but then she got a broader role at the Pies who immediately win a flag only to give it up and move back into comms.

'Comms role' might be underselling it a bit though:

Pettyfor will join Melbourne at the end of the month in the newly created role as chief communications officer, where she will oversee media, content, brand and marketing. She will also return to a seat on the executive team.

Pettyfor will join Melbourne at the end of the month in the newly created role as chief communications officer, where she will oversee media, content, brand and marketing. She will also return to a seat on the executive team.
I get that it's like the boss of that department but surely you see that being a footy boss in a footy club is a more important job.

It's just interesting that she jumped ship only a year after going into that job. Maybe she didn't expect Wright to take a sabbatical.

I get that it's like the boss of that department but surely you see that being a footy boss in a footy club is a more important job.

It's just interesting that she jumped ship only a year after going into that job. Maybe she didn't expect Wright to take a sabbatical.

Yeah that's a good call re Wright, could be something there.

I'm not sure, from a business perspective, that her new role at the Dees is a step down though. It was 'footy operations' so not exactly 'footy boss', and the new role sees her in charge of what most businesses consider one of, if not the most, important parts of their setup. Plus, my guess would be her role on the MFC executive will be a little more senior than it was at the Pies. Reading a previous interview with her I got the impression her exec role at Collingwood was somewhat more advisory and providing reports as opposed to decision making and influence, but that's just my take.

Either way, it's an area of the MFC's business that has been atrocious in the time she's been away, so hopefully it's a good move.

hopefully she fixes the soulless marketing we have currently and makes our socials more like the giants

1000007793.jpg

Wonder what Jordan Jones thinks of Huddo's efforts.

Yeah that's a good call re Wright, could be something there.

I'm not sure, from a business perspective, that her new role at the Dees is a step down though. It was 'footy operations' so not exactly 'footy boss', and the new role sees her in charge of what most businesses consider one of, if not the most, important parts of their setup. Plus, my guess would be her role on the MFC executive will be a little more senior than it was at the Pies. Reading a previous interview with her I got the impression her exec role at Collingwood was somewhat more advisory and providing reports as opposed to decision making and influence, but that's just my take.

Either way, it's an area of the MFC's business that has been atrocious in the time she's been away, so hopefully it's a good move.

Had a feeling there was more to this. Sounds like she wasn't having a great time at Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Back