Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

It's ****ing embarrassing that he mentions 2021 like it's relevant at all now.
Richmond can come back because they won in 2020
He's no different to the nuffies on demonland who still mention it when it has absolutely no relevance to how the club and list is now.

I'm still waiting for them to "do it again for the fans" that missed out. Funny how they playing group abandoned that messaging
It's like the whole mantra of the club changed going into 22. Remember the leaders talking about not disrespecting their team mates in any circumstance? Celebrating the little victories? Having each other's backs? That all seemed to go out the window post premiership. You can argue all you like about us having poor years in 22 and 23 and what might have cost us, but reality is we weren't that far off it and s* like this can be the difference to mindset and energy and winning a flag.

After the trades I'm tipping Melbourne's 2025 ladder position to be
(a big number)
(2 digits)
[wait for it]

Any advances on 15?

(a big number)
(2 digits)
[wait for it]

Any advances on 15?
Think we still have a bit too much talent to finish as low as 15th (provided we stay healthy).

But therein lies the problem – not enough talent (or competent coaching) to realistically contend, but not bad enough to bottom out properly.

Mid-table mediocrity until Goodwin is gone :love:

My care factor for next year is as low as it's ever been before. I seriously despise Melbourne, the coaches and the captain as well as a few of the players.

I don't feel anything watching our games anymore. I ****ing hate Simon Goodwin for that. If you offered me 2nd on the ladder right now but it was the same contest and defence style, or 9th on the ladder but it was attacking footy wouldn't even consider it for a second. 9th it is

(a big number)
(2 digits)
[wait for it]

Any advances on 15?

We finished 2 games out of the 8 in a season where most things that could go wrong did.

With a healthy list well make the eight next year.

Think we still have a bit too much talent to finish as low as 15th (provided we stay healthy).

But therein lies the problem – not enough talent (or competent coaching) to realistically contend, but not bad enough to bottom out properly.

Mid-table mediocrity until Goodwin is gone :love:
We sold our first rounder so it doesn't matter where we finish! 🥳

We sold our first rounder so it doesn't matter where we finish! 🥳
But think of the difference it'd make to our third-rounder!

It's like the whole mantra of the club changed going into 22. Remember the leaders talking about not disrespecting their team mates in any circumstance? Celebrating the little victories? Having each other's backs? That all seemed to go out the window post premiership. You can argue all you like about us having poor years in 22 and 23 and what might have cost us, but reality is we weren't that far off it and s* like this can be the difference to mindset and energy and winning a flag.
Pretty funny isn't it. In 2021 the club was posting pictures of Lever wiping up Gatorade off the changeroom floor because "everyone's in it together". Next year Jake Melksham is in hospital because he got an infected hand after punching a mouthy Steve May at a cheeseburger restaurant. From not putting your teammates down to literal public brawls.

What a bunch of campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other day I watched the replay of the second half of our win over GWS in R23, 2018. **** me we were fun to watch back then. Fast, aggressive, risky, free flowing footy. I even felt deeply nostalgic for some of the players who we had at that time (Jetta, Hibberd, Jones, Vandenberg, etc).

I can't believe that side was actually coached by Simon Goodwin given how dire our game style has become under his watch.

Pretty funny isn't it. In 2021 the club was posting pictures of Lever wiping up Gatorade off the changeroom floor because "everyone's in it together". Next year Jake Melksham is in hospital because he got an infected hand after punching a mouthy Steve May at a cheeseburger restaurant. From not putting your teammates down to literal public brawls.

What a bunch of campaigners.
To 2024 and not even giving a s*** about Trac having several life threatening operations! It's actually laughable how different the feel is. It's like Goody and the leaders have just given up on that stuff since the flag. Arrogance, expecting it to all happen again without changing the list or the way we play and moving away from those little things that separated us from a few of the solid sides in 21 etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Back