Mega Thread General Seven Discussion (Hate) 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care what people say/think, I like Luke Darcy. He doesn't. come across as unintelligible as Richo, or as spineless as BT. I like him. I think he has a nice future as a commentator.

He might not be unintelligible but that doesn't mean he's intelligent. He speaks in nothing but cliches - not one original or incisive thought in his head.

I think BT is better when he has a second commentator with him

If I was 7 I would have put Dennis with him and then got someone else for Bruce on Sundays ... Possible Sandy Roberts

Love the scoreboard in the bottom corner and is easy to read and doesn't get in the way of the play. Foxtel should have theres like that instead of taking up half the screen at the top, and also foxtel only have three letters per team in the scoreboard now, example Gee V Ric - Bri V Mel and it looks crap and amateurish at least seven has the names of the competing teams done properly. Would be able to fit more letters in and have it properly like Geel V Rich and Bris V Melb if there stupid logo didn't take up more room.

Exactly. So even if they film in HD they can't broadcast in HD as their channel doesn't have the bandwidth. And Fox Footy are only simulcasting their feed. I guess once analogue is completely switched off this will fre eup room and will mean that Seven can make their main channel HD and 7Mate SD.

No that's not entirely correct its because they don't want to use 2 channels 7 & 7Mate and it comes down to advertising problems for Seven!

No that's not entirely correct its because they don't want to use 2 channels 7 & 7Mate and it comes down to advertising problems for Seven!

I actually dont blame them.

I understand we want everything the best all the time - but sometimes we have to compromise.

They have injected hundreds of millions of dollars into the rights -which will (hopefully) improve the game as a whole.

They are a business not a community TV channel - they need to make this profitable. Taking up 2 channels of the same thing is just crazy unless its like the Grand Final or something special.

On another point, if your hating watching 'horrible' SD so much why dont you go to the match? Nothing quite like seeing it with your own eyes.........but then again i guess the 'game is to expensive' gah..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real swindle is Foxtel's promise of "Stunning" and "Brilliant HD" coverage for EVERY game.

The reality seems to be that Seven's games are only SD quality which Foxtel "upscales" but still looks crap.

Here's a blog post I wrote up about the whole saga: http://josh.tw/GWLh21

Will be interesting to see whether Sandy Roberts gets a commentary gig when Bruce is in London covering the Olympics... (Before anyone points out the Olympics are on Nine, Bruce will be doing commentary for an international broadcaster).

Will be interesting to see whether Sandy Roberts gets a commentary gig when Bruce is in London covering the Olympics... (Before anyone points out the Olympics are on Nine, Bruce will be doing commentary for an international broadcaster).

I dont know whos cat Sandy Robert ran over but he is better than Basil like wtf?

he must not want to commentate?

Denis calling those games solo, he's staying in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General Seven Discussion (Hate) 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back