Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Went along and watched a bit too, both quite young and no height but not sure if either team was at full strength. Clarence despite the doomsayers won’t be as bad as thought and whilst they won’t be grand final material, they will improve as the year progresses. As for Glenorchy, it’s going to be a challenging year, short on players and depth from what I saw and told. They certainly haven’t thrown the towel in but know this year will be a hard one. Have some good people involved and things will be fine over the long term. This could be the year they bottom out after a long period of relative success and stability.
Yes Clarence had numerous players out from what I was told. Wylie, Garland, Borsboom, Ollie Preshaw off the top of my head didn’t play.
I hope Glenorchy get back. I’m actually surprised some of those St Virgils guys didn’t come back to help out.

2 goals to 15 or so when I was there for seniors. Clarence didn’t look great either, no height but yer Glenorchy in trouble.
Yeah I still don’t understand the Aaron Cornelius appointment. 1 minute they are adamant they want a quality playing coach for the on field gains ! then they appoint Cornelius was there just no interest from quality players?

Yes Clarence had numerous players out from what I was told. Wylie, Garland, Borsboom, Ollie Preshaw off the top of my head didn’t play.
I hope Glenorchy get back. I’m actually surprised some of those St Virgils guys didn’t come back to help out.
They
Would be getting paid more at st virgils mate that’s why sad but true no incentive to play tsl football anymore

They
Would be getting paid more at st virgils mate that’s why sad but true no incentive to play tsl football anymore
Yer I just don’t see how they would get more. Glenorchy have the money I know that for a fact. Well over 6 figures in the bank.They also would have some attachment to the club to help out you think?

Probably just a case of don’t want to lose every week I think.

Yer I just don’t see how they would get more. Glenorchy have the money I know that for a fact. Well over 6 figures in the bank.They also would have some attachment to the club to help out you think?

Probably just a case of don’t want to lose every week I think.
Doesn’t matter how much money they might have in the bank mate .. The tsl salary cap is now only 70 thousand spread that out over a whole playing squad it doesn’t leave much per player ! the lower leagues can pretty much pay what they want to players makes it hard for state league clubs to stay competitive

Doesn’t matter how much money they might have in the bank mate .. The tsl salary cap is now only 70 thousand spread that out over a whole playing squad it doesn’t leave much per player ! the lower leagues can pretty much pay what they want to players makes it hard for state league clubs to stay competitive
Yer your right there. I’d just like to know who apart from Ben Kamaric would be on anything of note?

My opinion 100 or 200 bucks less isn’t a great deal of money when your helping a club you have played with your whole life.

I just think it’s simply that Old Scholars is easier. Glenorchy should of dropped to SFL this year imo I’ve said that for awhile now.

Yer your right there. I’d just like to know who apart from Ben Kamaric would be on anything of note?

My opinion 100 or 200 bucks less isn’t a great deal of money when your helping a club you have played with your whole life.

I just think it’s simply that Old Scholars is easier. Glenorchy should of dropped to SFL this year imo I’ve said that for awhile now.
If Glenorchy was to drop into the SFL, whos going to be the team in Black&White?

If Glenorchy was to drop into the SFL, whos going to be the team in Black&White?
Just wear the green strip when they play Claremont?
I’m assuming Claremont would sook about buying another strip so may have to wear it one away and once at home during the year.
There’s two bombers in the TSL and it has survived ok.

Jackson Thurlow to play with Launceston

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another nail in the comps coffin. Going to be some bigggg scores this year. Get the record books ready.

You reckon? AFL players coming back to play in the TSL is exactly what it actually needs.

Glenorchy will be shithouse, no doubt. Agree Launceston will be comfortably the best. But Kingborough and NH will be better, and they still won’t blow out North Launceston by that much. We’ve seen worse i reckon, 2018 NH comes to mind after the Kingborough exodus - they lost to NL by about 170 points or so, and even that year still actually managed to win a game

Yeah I still don’t understand the Aaron Cornelius appointment. 1 minute they are adamant they want a quality playing coach for the on field gains ! then they appoint Cornelius was there just no interest from quality players?

I think not the only club. Clarence & NHFC coaching appointments haven't exactly inspired their supporters either. :(

Watched a half at NH, both missing a few of their best 22 no doubt, Lauderdale moreso with probably 4 of their best 6 top liners out. North up by about 4 goals but missed a bucketload of opportunites

Last edited:
Sounds exciting at north hobart. I went and watched the roos play kingborough. Think we are a fair way off the pace. We had a couple of players out but they did as well by the looks of it. We looked quite slow and with no height. Disappointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

General TSL Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back